Jane Stay Calm Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/25/2009 4:12:00 PM

I really love this foundation. I picked this up at my local discount for only $1 so this was a bargain for me! I got this in the lightest color (1). I believe it's called Fairly Light, or something around that nature. It's very creamy and blends nicely. I use it over a primer and after I apply it I use a powder over it and it seems to stay on all day without looking cakey. I really adore this foundation. I will definitely purchase this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is awesome foundation, hint bisque is actually lighter than the "lightest" shade, it's amazing. The applicator/container is really useful, I like the fact that it's a pump. Great coverage on my problem skin. A great product that is very effective at achieving what it aims to do.

on 5/6/2008 12:33:00 AM

This is not available in my country, and I bought it off an auction. Amazingly, I got the right colour (Buffy). It looks really natural on me. A very basic foundation, no fancy 'functions', but very good for its price. A pity that this is discontinued.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best light to medium coverage foundation, ever! I've been wearing it for the past five years and love it. And at under $4 a bottle it won't break the bank. When I started using this, I had very oily, acne prone skin. This foundation doesn't clog my pores like others did so my skin is pretty clear now. It feels good on, but wears off of my t-zone area pretty quickly (but I combat that problem with Jane loose powders). I love that this has an SPF and isn't oily.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I still have this foundation around my house somewhere. It is a pretty basic foundation and doesn't really do much for the skin. I hated the feeling and the smell. The coverage is pretty light. I stopped using this because I really didn't feel like it was covering anything. This foundation may be good for other people, but it didn't work on my oily skin.

I really like the formula and the color of this foundation. I have this in Ivory 01. I like the blendability of it and how it doesn't feel cakey. I only have one complaint, and this might even be fixable if I use a primer first--my nose pores were MAGNIFIED by about a billion. They were huge and standing out. But a quick dab with some concealer and all was well again. So next time I wear this I'll try a good primer before I apply the foundation. My hardest thing is finding a good formula I love in a color I love...this one pretty much fits the bill. Will repurchase (if I can find).

on 11/21/2005 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

"Buffy" is a good match for me--they had millions of them at the 99-cent store. The finish is quite matte and a bit chalky, accentuating dry patches. The coverage is light but buildable. I got it to medium coverage. However, it didn't help much with undereye circles and I needed another foundation in that area.

on 10/9/2005 10:13:00 PM

I got this at the dollar store, lol. However, this foundation works GREAT for me. It's light and gives my skin a smooth, polished look that's not flakey. I apply it with a sponge. The bottle is sooo cute, it's small so I'll definitely stock up. The spout doesn't leak on me at all, it definitely is potential holy grail for me. Nc35-40 my match is 04 dream cream.

on 10/31/2005 2:06:00 AM

I got this at the dollar store in Buffy. I liked it so much, I bought another one the next time I was in there because it is regulary over $3. The color is great, it's light, smooth, not flakey. I use it as an "extra" or daily color, since my favorite is actually Ultima II Glowtion in Linen, and that is hard to find and much more expensive. I like a radiant, dewey glow, and Jane's stuff won't do that, but mixing it a bit with some radiant moisturizer and dusting with a luminating powder does the trick! I still use the Glowtion for all out-glamarama days, however! Makes me feel more festive. But this stuff is great as an everyday foundation for light-medium coverage! Another nice thing is that bottle's cap can be removed so I can use it for lotion or to put some of my beloved Glowtion in for the travel bag when I'm done!

on 12/27/2005 8:14:00 PM

I used Jane for years and years but got a tad bit snobby and decided it was too cheap. After trying what feels like hundreds of foundations I still come back to this one, it soothed my skin, blended great, matched perfectly. I considered this to have light to medium coverage, depending on how much you apply. I experienced no break-outs I actaully think it helped to improve the looks and condition of my skin. The packaging was great, you didnt have to worry with spills or breaking and you got just the amount you squeezed out of the bottle which was nice for a change! My only complaing is that It did nothing for my oily T-zone though which was a huge disapointment seeing how will it works in other aspects. My only problem is that I cant seem to find it anywhere anymore! I'm thinking they have discontinued it. I would def. repurchase IF I can find it again!