Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 8/11/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I don't really understand the hype with this product. I've used it consistently for months and noticed nothing different with the brightness of my skin or my dark spots!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a year too late writing up on this but figured better late than never. Firstly the packaging has thankfully taken into account the instability of Vitamin C and made it more difficult to oxidize, although I'm not entirely convinced this has been perfected yet. In here there are 2 types of Vitamin C: Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Calcium Ascorbate, both pretty decent forms and high up on the ingredients list which means you are getting a good dose. You also have Vitamin C in secondary form in additional ingredients such as Orange fruit extract and Rosa Canina fruit extract for good measure. Tocopherol Acetate also features quite high up on the list which is a bonus.

As a serum it wouldn't ordinarily be moisturizing enough to not warrant a moisturizer used on top, however I found it to be sufficient for my oily skin type during the summer season without the need to apply anything over it. I used one squirt of this every morning, followed by Juice Beauty CC Cream for coverage and SPF. There was a noticeable glow even after the first few uses which was expected. Long term use of Vit C helps to stimulate collagen production and in that aspect this is a product that I feel has long term benefits that surpass the initial results. Like many others I enjoyed the fragrance immensely. I wouldn't go so far as saying it is THE best Vitamin C product on the market as there are some better formulations out there, however it is very close. Until I get round to trialling those (as I no doubt will!) I would for now rank this as my favourite Vit C serum. Just be sure to keep the bottle out of sunlight, otherwise that's $48 dollars of oxidized product down the drain and of little benefit to your skin or your wallet!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/5/2018 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am on a quest to find the holy grail of vitamin c and this is yet another product I have tried but found it disappointing as compared to all the positive reviews. I used it for about two months so I could give it time to be effective and I could judge it fairly. I have pretty good skin and my main concerns are that I do have the beginnings of aging with my skin not as firm in appearance as it use to be, some dullness and I want to recapture youthful appearance of my skin. The serum comes in a pump top dispenser bottle. A 30 ml (1oz) bottle is 48 dollars which I think is a reasonable price and would continue to buy it if it was effective for my concerns. I do not like the pump dispenser because it only allows you to pump exactly one predetermined pump at a time. I am not able to push it down say half ways to get just half a pump of product and that was automatically a big negative for this. I don't need a whole pump of product, half would be sufficient so its just throwing money away and I hate waste. The serum is a liquid/gel like texture that is easy to apply all over the face. It dries quickly and doesn't dey near as sticky as other vitamin c products. It also doesn't have that tingling sensation that occurs with vit c products. It had no adverse effects when applied. Short term, when applied I saw a noticeable difference in my skin. It appeared more radiant and awake. The dullness definitely was decreased. It didn't last though. I soon learned that the serum did benefit my skin in a number of ways but always short term, noticeable when applied but by end of day or next morning it as back to looking the same as it did before I applied this. That never changed thru the course of treatment. It was like a bandaid to my skin concerns instead of actually treating them and showing signs of correction over time. I never got that and that is ultimately why I have discontinued use and will go back to my previous vit c product that I liked better. I don't think I would recommend this because I have negative feelings towards so many people paying so much for a product that I saw trick me into thinking it was working but in reality was just making it look like it was by giving my skin a noticeable boost with application but quit applying it and you will see before the day is out what I noticed too. If it works for you then that is really good and I am glad it did. It didn't for me

on 7/1/2018 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This stuff is great. It smells wonderful and sinks in quickly, leaving no sticky or gross residue. I have used this for about 3 months now and have seen some nice improvement in my skin with respect to brightness and fine lines. I had one small forehead wrinkle developing that this product diminished, and my acne scars are gone. My face is also just lighter and brighter in general. I apply generously to Face and neck (2 pumps). I think if you have major skin issues this product may not be strong enough, but for my relatively minor skin concerns this works just as advertised. Thankfully, I also really like this bc it doesn’t cause cystic acne or breakouts, which happens frequently when I try new products. Give it a try!

on 6/20/2018 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have dry skin and the truth serum has helped with helping my skin look healthy. I use a moisturizer after the product has penetrated the skin for about 3-5 minutes. It smells like oranges in my opinion, which for me is a plus. I would recommend this to a friend but always use spf because it can cause a sun burn.

on 5/23/2018 11:38:00 PM

i love this serum and have already repurchased a few times. It is on the pricy side but it feels great on and my skin just drinks it up. it is not a moisturizing product so I follow up with a moisturizer.

on 4/11/2018 8:39:00 AM

OMG! Love it! Serums is little expesive normaly so it isn´t too bad. I bought the whole set with this serum, the invigorating night transforming gel and the sheer transformations perfeting moisturizer so it became a little cheaper per product.
But the Serum sinks ins so good in to the skin, feels soo good on the skin, smells sooooooo good and gives good moisture to the skin. it works with other moisture creams too so that´s good.

on 3/7/2018 5:38:00 PM

I only deducted a lippie because it dried out my skin. I suffer from dry skin so I am really only leaving a review to say dry ladies/gents, maybe try a more hydrating serum instead:) Other than that I thought the product was great!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you enjoy this product, please disregard my review, as this is more about personal preference and knowing how companies overprice for products containing either too little Vit C or no way to preserve it.

This is an okay serum, it does provide hydration and smooth skin, so if you layer products it's the right consistency. In terms of Vitamin C, it's definitely not the most effective amount, nor did I notice a difference in my skin the way I know C works. This is really common with Vit C products because it's not shelf stable, not to mention that antioxidants require full SPF coverage so that they don't break down or damage your skin. I will always advocate that even the smallest amount of topical C requires SPF and should be stated on all products containing it.

I think this is overpriced in comparison to making your own serum, but it might be good for those who want to layer products for hydration or those who use acid peels. I would not suggest this for people who specifically want Vitamin C.

on 1/15/2018 2:50:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this serum from Sephora and have been using it consistently for the past three weeks. While the serum does make my skin feel really soft and smooth after applying it, I can't say I've seen the slightest overall change in the texture or firmness of my skin. It seems a bit expensive for something that doesn't quite live up to it's claims, so I won't be purchasing once my sample runs out. Nice serum, but too pricy for me for the minimal results.

Video Reviews & Tutorials