Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.7

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 6/20/2018 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have dry skin and the truth serum has helped with helping my skin look healthy. I use a moisturizer after the product has penetrated the skin for about 3-5 minutes. It smells like oranges in my opinion, which for me is a plus. I would recommend this to a friend but always use spf because it can cause a sun burn.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you enjoy this product, please disregard my review, as this is more about personal preference and knowing how companies overprice for products containing either too little Vit C or no way to preserve it.

This is an okay serum, it does provide hydration and smooth skin, so if you layer products it's the right consistency. In terms of Vitamin C, it's definitely not the most effective amount, nor did I notice a difference in my skin the way I know C works. This is really common with Vit C products because it's not shelf stable, not to mention that antioxidants require full SPF coverage so that they don't break down or damage your skin. I will always advocate that even the smallest amount of topical C requires SPF and should be stated on all products containing it.

I think this is overpriced in comparison to making your own serum, but it might be good for those who want to layer products for hydration or those who use acid peels. I would not suggest this for people who specifically want Vitamin C.

on 11/18/2017 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This feels nice on my face and smells amazing but I am not seeing any results at all with it. Love the pump bottle though. I will be sticking with Deciem for vitamin C serums. Would not repurchase.

on 11/16/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unlike so many other vitamin C serums, I didn't notice any changes at all while using this product. While it felt nice on the skin and I do think it may have acted as a light moisturizer, there were no changes in tone or texture during the 3 months I used it. Also, while the citrus scent is really nice, its strong and I imagine this is a bit too much for the skin - minimally its very unnecessary and will likely act as an irritant for those with sensitive skin. I was completely unimpressed by this product (ditto for the cream).

I can only give this 1 star. Reason being is because in my experience of using high quality VC serums the changes are almost immediate - this goes just as much for really pricey products as it does for inexpensive and DIY VC serums. Timeless is half the price and is a much better serum than this one IMO. This product was definitely not for me. While far from a bad product it also doesn't appear to have enough benefits to justify using/picking over other readily available VC serums.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. I notice a difference in my skin after using this for a while (just looks more radiant and healthier). I love also that it doesn't break me out and isn't as drying as some other serums. I stock up during sephora sales.

on 10/21/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This came in the Three Little Wonders kit I got from Sephora. I only need a little bit and I use it in the morning before applying my facial sunscreen. It seems to help with brightening in some areas and when used sparingly, it isn't too sticky. It has a pleasant scent. I am pretty sure there are better vitamin C serums out there but this is nice to use. It hasn't broken me out and doesn't clog my pores. It does dry quickly though so I have to be fast when it comes to spreading it on my face and neck. On its own it is pretty pricey so I do recommend trying the kit to get a sense of the line.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've never, ever put a new product on my face and woken up with a million zits...
until now.
I'm not 100% sure that this is what caused my massive breakout, but I've even got a bunch of tiny inflamed bumps on my forehead. And I haven't had a zit on my forehead since I was fifteen.
My cheeks are covered in tiny red pimples as well as normal regular pimples (NOT the painful, deep cystic hormonal acne I am prone to.) I have probably 30 of them on my face right now.

I hate when people post reviews like this--it doesn't necessarily reflect badly on the product, it just didn't work with my skin. It's not you, Truth Serum, it's me. But I thought I'd post this anyway since this has never happened to me before--maybe there's some ingredient in here that's known to cause acne.

In any case, my dark spots as dark as ever, but my skin sure is soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was searching high and low for a serum to help reduce my acne scarring and redness, and I thought I'd give this a shot, because even though it has quite mixed reviews, many of them are very positive. I don't even have acne prone skin, but every time I use this, I break out with both large red bumps as well as multiple little bumps, especially around my mouth and forehead (and I never, ever break out on my forehead, normally). I am so sad I spent basically $50 on this. It's really hard to judge based on skin type apparently, because I didn't expect this to break me out at all. The ingredients don't really give any inclination as to why I would be breaking out either. The glycerin? I have no idea. I'm scared to keep trying it, because so far it just seems to be backfiring for me.

on 3/30/2013 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This worked for me, but it took me a long time to figure out how to use it. I tried initially in the summer and I felt like it made my melasma worse. So I stopped using. I tried again in the winter and it seems to be helping a lot. First off I would start when the sun isn't so harsh. Second, I use this only at night and have to wash my face very well. At least twice so there isn't any makeup left. I put a small amount of this all over. Wait 10 minutes and then put sheer transformation moisturizer. I did this at least 4 times a week and used sunscreen of at least 30 spf everyday. (The other 2 nights I use the invigorating night gel) I have been using for 2 months and have noticed a big change. My melasma is almost gone on my forehead and has lightened on my cheek! I will continue with this and hope it will work through the summer months.

on 1/17/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love love love this product! I have combination skin (dry on my t-zone in winter, a bit oily in summer, average everywhere else) and this is awesome! I use it twice daily, in the morning after using a gentle, oil-free wash and at night after using a deep cleansing, makeup/oil removing scrub. This coupled with ANY moisturizer is AWESOME! It smells like fresh orange, absorbs VERY quickly and you only need 2-3 drops for your WHOLE face!
I find it helps keep my skin plumper and better hydrated, especially during winter! In summer I just use a pump before bed since the scrub is very drying. I've never experienced any break outs or issues with this serum! :) I adore it!

Popular Face Skincare Products