Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 5/23/2018 11:38:00 PM

i love this serum and have already repurchased a few times. It is on the pricy side but it feels great on and my skin just drinks it up. it is not a moisturizing product so I follow up with a moisturizer.

on 10/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

The Ole Henricksen Truth Serum is just an okay vitamin C serum, in my opinion. What I don't like about this serum is the fact that they have included many potentially irritating ingredients, such as: grapefruit seed extract, orange fruit extract, fragrance, linalool, citral, and limonene. Skin doesn't gain any benefit in the inclusion of these ingredients and for some people these ingredients can cause damage and irritation- sometimes even when you don't see or feel it. There are much better Vitamin C Serums out there- Drunk Elephant, Clinique, Karuna, Exuviance are brands that make some great Vitamin C Treatments worth checking out instead of this one. One more word it is nearly impossible to regrow collagen from a simple serum.

I love a lot of the products in this skin care line because they're priced right and always smells really great. Like the rest of the truth line, this serum smells very citrusy without any irritation. But this serum just doesn't play nice with my Josie Maran face oil. As soon as I layer my face oil on top of this serum, it starts to pill off. Since the serum keeps pilling off, I can't really speak to how effective this serum is. I love my face oil more, so I'm not going to purchase the full size to try this again.

on 7/22/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed with this product so far. I've been using it for a couple of weeks after I wash my face in the morning and at night. My undereyes particularly seem firmer and more hydrated, and my skin overall has less texture now. I've always been kind of skeptical of fancy skin care, but I am really loving this serum so far. I want to try the night serum and the moisturizer as well.

ETA: I love this serum so much. I just can't spend $48/ounce. At this rate I'll be spending 50 bucks a month just for face serum. No can do. So sadly I will not repurchase this product. But if it's in your budget, I highly recommend it. It is fantastic.

Edited again: I decided after trying a couple of other serums - cheaper ones - that I don't want to try to find something almost as good as this. I want this. So I bought the 1.7 fl oz size with a $20 discount from Sephora and I'm trying to see how long I can get it to last. I figure if I can get it to last at least two months, then I can justify the cost to myself. It really is amazing stuff.

on 5/26/2017 5:34:00 AM

Love this stuff. Leaves skin smooth and evens out skin. Also helped my wrinkles.

on 5/18/2017 10:55:00 PM

bought this before christmas 2016, as part of three little wonders trio, small starter set. Excellent price. Essentially you get the 30 ml of a $60 moisturizer and the full size of the $60 pm glycolic serum for 20 bucks.
I used as directed. Wears well under makeup, the moisturizer is extremely rich but not in a bad way, and a little goes a long way, so if I over did it, I'd regret it 8 hours later; bit shiny.
So, entire set: I loved so much, actually repurchased. That's a first.
Then I stopped using for one month to test. Did other stuff, serums, light cream, the same idea.
Noticed a difference. And realized from photos of naked-faced photos both am and pm that my skin just looked better between Jan and April: glow, clearer, younger, brighter, scars had def begun to fade (acne) and not clogged.
So, as I write this, it is night number one of going back on Ole Henriksen, all the way, same trio, I'm sold!
so to summarize:
no breakouts
helped scars
excellent under concealer and high quality mineral powders (all I wear for makeup)
smells delish
fantastic active ingredients in a stable formula - did a lot of research on that btw
good looking skin that glows!
nice packaging
excellent value (as a set)
passed the four month test with the one month controlled test break...
with flying colours!

on 1/7/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product for two weeks, and honestly it did nothing but break me out.
dont bother with it, please dont waste your money as this serum is way too pricey

on 7/26/2016 6:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never cared for vitamin c serum until I tried this out from my moms skincare stash. I'm very impressed, I'll apply this at night and when I wake up my skin just appears brighter and more even toned. I'm almost done the whole bottle and I have 0 hyper pigmentation and any pimple I got went away without any sort of mark.

One the best antiaging boosters that I have tried. Has a fresh scent and does not feel oily to the touch. Has extreme healing properties and I love the fact that it's oil free. I use this at night to repair my skin from any damage during the day. I especially love it during the summer time to heal any sun damage that can cause wrinkles.

I had pretty high hopes for this product after reading the reviews online about it but unfortunately I felt like it did nothing for my skin. I having been using it for the last 3+ months but I still do not see any changes to my skin compared to before in terms of brightness and clarity. I purchased this in the 3 little wonders kit, but bought it mainly for the invigorating night treatment gel which did wonders for my skin. Also I do not like the smell of the product as it smells of artificial citrus which I find very off putting.

Popular Face Skincare Products