Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you enjoy this product, please disregard my review, as this is more about personal preference and knowing how companies overprice for products containing either too little Vit C or no way to preserve it.

This is an okay serum, it does provide hydration and smooth skin, so if you layer products it's the right consistency. In terms of Vitamin C, it's definitely not the most effective amount, nor did I notice a difference in my skin the way I know C works. This is really common with Vit C products because it's not shelf stable, not to mention that antioxidants require full SPF coverage so that they don't break down or damage your skin. I will always advocate that even the smallest amount of topical C requires SPF and should be stated on all products containing it.

I think this is overpriced in comparison to making your own serum, but it might be good for those who want to layer products for hydration or those who use acid peels. I would not suggest this for people who specifically want Vitamin C.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this. I can definitely see a difference when I don't use it. Helps keep my skin more even and hydrated

on 4/6/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hmm, I feel this serum is just average. It doesn't do anything for my skin and its smell is bordering on offensive. Would not repurchase.

on 2/1/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been wanted to try this serum for a while now, ever since it became popular on the skincare board. But I wasn't sure if it would work for my finicky, sensitive skin. Fortunately, I recently received a sample from Sephora. I used the sample every other night for a week, and I was not impressed. First, the smell was off-putting--a strong orange-vanilla fragrance that is reminiscent of Creamcicles, which I hate. But of more disappointment was the fact that I broke out and didn't see any positive effects from the serum.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Orange Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance, Yellow 6. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. I notice a difference in my skin after using this for a while (just looks more radiant and healthier). I love also that it doesn't break me out and isn't as drying as some other serums. I stock up during sephora sales.

Applying this stuff felt nice -- but it came with an Ole Henriksen oil that smelled like fish and left my skin tinted yellow. Nevertheless, since I got the sample in a pair from Sephora (they both leaked everywhere), I used them together three nights in a row -- and ended up with painful pimples in several places on my face (and I am prone to occasional cystic acne, but never more than one spot at a time: now I have 6). At first I thought it was stress but the uncharacteristic *pain* of the pimples led me to reason back to this (pair of) products. Hope others with a similar experience will find comfort in camaraderie!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. It makes your face feel instantly fresh and it does keep it nice and plump, even in the winter time. I use this every morning after cleanser and hydrating toner, and it makes my skin so soft and even. I have pretty sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it one bit.

on 1/31/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have tried two other C serums in the past, fisrt was Avons Anew which I used years ago. I loved it but it was a bit pricey for Avon. Just recently I had picked up Lumene from Walgreens on clearance, it was slightly less effective than Anew, but since it was on clearance it was dirt cheap, but I also can no longer buy it. As I enter my mid thirties I decided to take my skincare routine more seriously. I started a routine at 21, but it was just cleanser, SPF for day, and usually a light moisturizer in the PM. My skin has been looking a little dull, and I have developed under eye circles. Yes this is pricey, espcially for someone like myself who has only used drugstore skincare products. I look at it as an investment in myself. I like the texture of this a lot better than Lumene as this does not leave a sticky/tacky feeling on my face It has a very pronounced fragrance like most Ole products so that might be something to consider if you are sensitive to such things. After several days of use my skin is smoother and brighter. Thus far no irritation either.

on 6/1/2013 1:55:00 AM

I got this product from a free trial from Sephora. I wasn't sure about it at first, but just yesterday I dropped $70 on the full size. It is such an amazing serum to use during the day. I use another one (snake venom!) for night, which can be a bit more aggressive. This one is great to put on during the day because it is light and non irritating.

It is weird, but I also really love the smell. It is hard to describe - it smells orangey without being overwhelming.

on 5/11/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Been using for about a yr and it hasn't bothered my rosacea. My skin gets more and more sensitive as time goes on, so c serums I used a few yrs ago now irritate me. Maybe SAP is the way to go for me since other types of vitamin C seem to irritate me now. Onto the results: this stuff makes my skin glow, look plumper, brighter, more clarity. I tend to get clogged pores easily and have seen mentioned on the board that SAP may be good for acne. Honestly results with this c serum are more noticeable than c serums I've used in the past.