Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a year too late writing up on this but figured better late than never. Firstly the packaging has thankfully taken into account the instability of Vitamin C and made it more difficult to oxidize, although I'm not entirely convinced this has been perfected yet. In here there are 2 types of Vitamin C: Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Calcium Ascorbate, both pretty decent forms and high up on the ingredients list which means you are getting a good dose. You also have Vitamin C in secondary form in additional ingredients such as Orange fruit extract and Rosa Canina fruit extract for good measure. Tocopherol Acetate also features quite high up on the list which is a bonus.

As a serum it wouldn't ordinarily be moisturizing enough to not warrant a moisturizer used on top, however I found it to be sufficient for my oily skin type during the summer season without the need to apply anything over it. I used one squirt of this every morning, followed by Juice Beauty CC Cream for coverage and SPF. There was a noticeable glow even after the first few uses which was expected. Long term use of Vit C helps to stimulate collagen production and in that aspect this is a product that I feel has long term benefits that surpass the initial results. Like many others I enjoyed the fragrance immensely. I wouldn't go so far as saying it is THE best Vitamin C product on the market as there are some better formulations out there, however it is very close. Until I get round to trialling those (as I no doubt will!) I would for now rank this as my favourite Vit C serum. Just be sure to keep the bottle out of sunlight, otherwise that's $48 dollars of oxidized product down the drain and of little benefit to your skin or your wallet!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/11/2018 8:39:00 AM

OMG! Love it! Serums is little expesive normaly so it isn´t too bad. I bought the whole set with this serum, the invigorating night transforming gel and the sheer transformations perfeting moisturizer so it became a little cheaper per product.
But the Serum sinks ins so good in to the skin, feels soo good on the skin, smells sooooooo good and gives good moisture to the skin. it works with other moisture creams too so that´s good.

on 1/15/2018 2:50:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this serum from Sephora and have been using it consistently for the past three weeks. While the serum does make my skin feel really soft and smooth after applying it, I can't say I've seen the slightest overall change in the texture or firmness of my skin. It seems a bit expensive for something that doesn't quite live up to it's claims, so I won't be purchasing once my sample runs out. Nice serum, but too pricy for me for the minimal results.

on 11/18/2017 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This feels nice on my face and smells amazing but I am not seeing any results at all with it. Love the pump bottle though. I will be sticking with Deciem for vitamin C serums. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Would definitely buy this product again. It's become a staple in my everyday cleansing face routine. It is pricey but worth it. Does the job! My face felt more healthy and brighter overtime. I put this on after I tone my face and underneath my moisturizer. Does not leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy which is a huge plus for me especially in the summer hear since I have oily shiny skin.

on 5/28/2017 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Got this in the 3 little wonder pack and honestly love it!!! I use it every night under my face cream my skin looks a lot more radiant and is glowing since using it and it's been two weeks, will definitely repurchase again

on 5/26/2017 5:34:00 AM

Love this stuff. Leaves skin smooth and evens out skin. Also helped my wrinkles.

on 5/18/2017 10:55:00 PM

bought this before christmas 2016, as part of three little wonders trio, small starter set. Excellent price. Essentially you get the 30 ml of a $60 moisturizer and the full size of the $60 pm glycolic serum for 20 bucks.
I used as directed. Wears well under makeup, the moisturizer is extremely rich but not in a bad way, and a little goes a long way, so if I over did it, I'd regret it 8 hours later; bit shiny.
So, entire set: I loved so much, actually repurchased. That's a first.
Then I stopped using for one month to test. Did other stuff, serums, light cream, the same idea.
Noticed a difference. And realized from photos of naked-faced photos both am and pm that my skin just looked better between Jan and April: glow, clearer, younger, brighter, scars had def begun to fade (acne) and not clogged.
So, as I write this, it is night number one of going back on Ole Henriksen, all the way, same trio, I'm sold!
so to summarize:
no breakouts
helped scars
excellent under concealer and high quality mineral powders (all I wear for makeup)
smells delish
fantastic active ingredients in a stable formula - did a lot of research on that btw
good looking skin that glows!
nice packaging
excellent value (as a set)
passed the four month test with the one month controlled test break...
with flying colours!

on 11/27/2016 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is quite expensive and ultimately I don't think it is worth the money. Although I love having a pump that can lock itself, the clear glass jar probably ends up deactivating any vitamin c in this serum. It smells nicely orangey and does moisturize, but I don't feel that the vitamin c in it is working.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this product since Sept of this year and I haven't noticed any significant change in my complexion to directly link it's improvement to this product. It smells like orange candy, which is pleasant, and it absorbs into the skin fairly quickly. I purchased it as a part of a trio kit from Ole Henriksen (Three Little Wonders) for $80- 86, the packaging is efficient so I have no complaints about that. However, I won't be repurchasing though. I feel like there are better serums on the market.