Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.3

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 3/7/2018 5:38:00 PM

I only deducted a lippie because it dried out my skin. I suffer from dry skin so I am really only leaving a review to say dry ladies/gents, maybe try a more hydrating serum instead:) Other than that I thought the product was great!

on 12/15/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is a holy grail product for me, have repurchased several times and will continue to do so. Day or night, it just nourishes and calms my skin in a way no other has done. I love the vibes on this stuff.

on 10/26/2017 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this about 3 months ago. The bottle is nearly empty and it has done *nothing* to brighten my skin. I have very light dermal melasma that I have faded quite well with my own DIY serums. I thought I would try something "professional" Well, all this product as done is clogged my pores and irritate my skin. Will not repurchase.

on 10/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

The Ole Henricksen Truth Serum is just an okay vitamin C serum, in my opinion. What I don't like about this serum is the fact that they have included many potentially irritating ingredients, such as: grapefruit seed extract, orange fruit extract, fragrance, linalool, citral, and limonene. Skin doesn't gain any benefit in the inclusion of these ingredients and for some people these ingredients can cause damage and irritation- sometimes even when you don't see or feel it. There are much better Vitamin C Serums out there- Drunk Elephant, Clinique, Karuna, Exuviance are brands that make some great Vitamin C Treatments worth checking out instead of this one. One more word it is nearly impossible to regrow collagen from a simple serum.

I keep coming back to this serum. Every couple of years I get it into my head to try to find a cheaper vitamin C serum, but I always end up back with Truth Serum in the end. This makes a very noticeable difference in my skin. My skin is brighter, I have less discoloration, and the texture is better.
I use this as a daytime serum and it works well for me like that. It absorbs quickly and completely. I've never had a problem wearing it under my makeup. I usually hate fragrance in my skincare but I love the orange scent in this.
It's not cheap, but it's really worth it if it works for you. I save money in the long run by not throwing out half used bottles of serum that do nothing for me.

on 11/16/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unlike so many other vitamin C serums, I didn't notice any changes at all while using this product. While it felt nice on the skin and I do think it may have acted as a light moisturizer, there were no changes in tone or texture during the 3 months I used it. Also, while the citrus scent is really nice, its strong and I imagine this is a bit too much for the skin - minimally its very unnecessary and will likely act as an irritant for those with sensitive skin. I was completely unimpressed by this product (ditto for the cream).

I can only give this 1 star. Reason being is because in my experience of using high quality VC serums the changes are almost immediate - this goes just as much for really pricey products as it does for inexpensive and DIY VC serums. Timeless is half the price and is a much better serum than this one IMO. This product was definitely not for me. While far from a bad product it also doesn't appear to have enough benefits to justify using/picking over other readily available VC serums.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got this as a 100 point sample from sephora (honestly, all my high end skincare products are samples) and I really love the smell and it sinks in quickly. :D My skin is sensitive to fragrance but this is absolutely fine, actually it seems to be making my skin better. I'm still debating on whether or not to buy the full size.

on 3/4/2015 8:42:00 PM

It seems like most products with Vitamin C as a main ingredient makes my skin itch here and there upon initial use. It is an ingredient I really want to include in my skincare regimen for brighter skin, so I just deal with it. As long as it doesnít ruin it, like cause acne or marks, or continue for more than a few days.

This product was part of a gift set I got on sale after the holidays from JCPenneyís Sephora. The booster has a citrus scent, but itís not as strong as some other Vitamin C products do. Itís a great wake-me-up in the mornings (which is the only time I use this product). One pump is only enough for both cheeks and a little bit on my forehead, two pumps for entire face. Itís has almost an oil-like consistency, but not sticky and Iíve never had any issues with my face feeling oily after using this product. It absorbs into the skin fairly quickly & adds a little additional moisturize to my skin.

This review might seem pretty short & perhaps useless, but Iím trying to keep track of things Iíve tested and worth re-purchasing or not. I most likely wonít be repurchasing this after I finish the bottle. It was one of those products that I didnít have an ďa-ha!Ē moment with after a few uses. Perhaps an edited review may happen if I stop using it and notice my skin isnít as supple or bright, but right now, itís just OK. For $48 regular price at Sephora, there might be something better out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in the Ole Henriksen Three Little Wonders set. It has been my day serum for a little over a month now. It smells nice and does its job, and I will be using it until I run out, but I think I will be looking for a different one when I am through with it. It is not as hydrating as I need it to be and it is quite underwhelming for the cost.

This is a solid product, but it isn't anything special if you have dry skin. I imagine it could be good for people with oilier skin because it would not break you out.

on 11/24/2014 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product back in June and have used it every day as a part of my daily beauty routine. Within the first two weeks I had some really bad break outs! Sometimes trying out new products gives me tiny ones but this one was intense! I powered through it and wanted to see what using a whole bottle resulted it and so far I haven't noticed a huge difference :( I hear vitamin c serums really help with anti aging so I'm going to try the Mario badescu one next. Anyone else know of the best serum? Dying to know :)