Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by skin type : Other
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 7/1/2018 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This stuff is great. It smells wonderful and sinks in quickly, leaving no sticky or gross residue. I have used this for about 3 months now and have seen some nice improvement in my skin with respect to brightness and fine lines. I had one small forehead wrinkle developing that this product diminished, and my acne scars are gone. My face is also just lighter and brighter in general. I apply generously to Face and neck (2 pumps). I think if you have major skin issues this product may not be strong enough, but for my relatively minor skin concerns this works just as advertised. Thankfully, I also really like this bc it doesn’t cause cystic acne or breakouts, which happens frequently when I try new products. Give it a try!

on 4/22/2017 10:50:00 PM

I'm conflicted: The science on this product is pretty solid, but the texture is sticky and the scent is strong. I like it, I have not noticed any breakouts as a result, but I put it on more because I was told to, and because Beauty by the Geeks say it's good (and because I paid for it) than because I personally love it.

i have been looking for a way to improve my skin and i really the idea of having this ole henriksen truth serum but i have been doing a lot of research and this article https://www.mapleholistics.com/blog/ole-henriksen-serum/ please tell me what you think cause i am very interested in your feedback .

on 12/28/2014 7:27:00 PM

I use this in the AM, and have been doing so for a month.This product is what I need, and apparently ALL I need to keep moisture on my skin without clogging.
(For reference, I had also tried the Sheer Transformation from this line, which seems like it would have been perfect, but that was, oddly, too much for my skin in terms of clogging. I previously used an Olay 7 in one product for at least a year before I started reacting to it. I will probably never approach a cream based moisturizer again, because they just does not do well with my skin anymore.)
I am sad my skin is no longer satisfied with drugstore products. This is not good for my wallet, but I am just glad to find products that work for me now.
My skin looks brighter and more even after using the collagen booster for a month. I also use the invigorating night treatment in the evening. My skin looks great, more even, no bumps or redness, softer texture, and reduced fine lines.

on 12/27/2014 12:48:00 AM

I like the smell but found this to be more like a gel as opposed to a serum. I usually use Origins' serums so I was a bit nervous trying something new. The good news is it didn't make me break out or anything but unfortunately,it didn't seem to make a difference in the overall appearance of my skin. I finished the entire jar but will not be buying this product again.

I love this Vitamin C serum. I have been using a VC serum for about 2.5 years now. In the past I used Avalon organics which was a cheaper serum however now they changed the ingredients and is no longer effective from what I have been told. I have also used Philosophy's VC powder but it burned my skin on contact. Avalon Organics also stung my face once in a while. I only use a VC product mainly for anti-aging purposes and not exactly for brightening/fading scars).

I have used Ole's Truth Serum for about half a year now and I have no issues with it irritating my super sensitive skin! VC serums can be tricky as they are very beneficial to the skin and prevent aging. However, if it's irritating your skin making it red often it's not good for your skin and can speed up skin aging. I feel Ole's Truth Serum is much gentler and never stung my face! I have also been told by the FAB ladies on SB that it contains a much stable form of Vitamin C than other products.

I find it is expensive but I have received my bottles from Sephora samples and always grab it as if it a 100 point perk. Another downside is the bottle is clear and you can see the product. You don't want to expose any antioxidant serums to UV rays/light as it can make it ineffective. What I do is I take aluminum foil and wrap it around the bottle to prevent exposure to light and keep it away from light in a dark/cool place. I will continue to buy it again.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this product for about 2 weeks, day and night. It dried out very fast on my face and the skin did not feel sticky nor greasy. It had a very light and pleasant scent. That was about it for this serum. The texture of my skin did not show a significant improve. I guess if you don't have any major concerns of your skin, this might be a good enough product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It may be because I'm still young but this did nothing for me even after a month.. luckily it was a sample. It didn't irritate my skin or cause me to break out but it didn't do anything. If anything it kind of dried my skin out.

on 10/15/2012 10:51:00 PM

I got the sample size that comes with Truth Creme at Sephora for around $25. I reaaaaally like this serum but I don't think I will buy the full size just because of the price. I'm 22 years old so I don't anything too heavy duty but this works pretty good. I noticed my skin did look plumper and moisturized after using this and the Truth Creme every night. I noticed that when I used this combo with my Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin I didn't have one pimple for almost a month!! I really dislike the smell of this though. It smells like fake citrus and takes a while to fade. Overall, this is a really nice product if you have money to blow but I don't so I'll stick to my L'Oreal Serum when I run out!

on 7/26/2012 10:11:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product but unfortunately it didn't do anything for my skin. I actually think it broke me out a little bit. I ended up finishing the bottle hoping that with constant use I would notice some improvement in my skin tone or pigmentation but sadly nothing. I did like the pump bottle instead of a dropper for serum but thats about it. Texture was slightly sticky and it never felt like my skin absorbed the product.

Popular Face Skincare Products