Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 7/22/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed with this product so far. I've been using it for a couple of weeks after I wash my face in the morning and at night. My undereyes particularly seem firmer and more hydrated, and my skin overall has less texture now. I've always been kind of skeptical of fancy skin care, but I am really loving this serum so far. I want to try the night serum and the moisturizer as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this in a lil bundle of gift last holiday came with the .5oz of the Youth Activating Oil for such an affordable price. I was sooooo excited to use this since Claudia Sulewski use these 2 combo on her skincare routine everyday and her skin looked so glowing & radiance & all the good stuff. The serum was scented with citrus-y scent it smelled so fresh & I kinda liked it. It worked fine on my skin, but not as good as it did on Claudia's skin lol maybe she added other excellent products on her regime to look that good. But this one was fine nothing fancy nothing wow. For that high price tag I'd say skip it, maybe try the ordinary vitamin c one it's cheaper, a lot cheaper than this.

on 7/12/2017 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I received this product as a sample size at Sephora.

My skin felt so radiant and hydrated after using the Truth Serum. It did not irritate my skin. The fragrance is soft and citrus-y. The smell ends about 5 minutes after applying and doesn't linger (unlike the Sunday Riley CEO--that thing is like perfume).

Of the first three ingredients, two are forms of vitamin C. It also has aloe and grapeseed extract. All the product texture-enhancing ingredients are at the bottom of the list--which they should be.

For reference, I have combination skin that leans oily.

I keep coming back to this serum. Every couple of years I get it into my head to try to find a cheaper vitamin C serum, but I always end up back with Truth Serum in the end. This makes a very noticeable difference in my skin. My skin is brighter, I have less discoloration, and the texture is better.
I use this as a daytime serum and it works well for me like that. It absorbs quickly and completely. I've never had a problem wearing it under my makeup. I usually hate fragrance in my skincare but I love the orange scent in this.
It's not cheap, but it's really worth it if it works for you. I save money in the long run by not throwing out half used bottles of serum that do nothing for me.

on 6/16/2017 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this as part of the 3 little wonders skin care regimen, along with the Find Your Balance cleanser. I love it-- my skin looks and feels cleaner and brighter. I'm not sure which product is contributing the most to the improvement of my skin, but I love all of the products. I love the consistency and smell of each product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Would definitely buy this product again. It's become a staple in my everyday cleansing face routine. It is pricey but worth it. Does the job! My face felt more healthy and brighter overtime. I put this on after I tone my face and underneath my moisturizer. Does not leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy which is a huge plus for me especially in the summer hear since I have oily shiny skin.

on 5/28/2017 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Got this in the 3 little wonder pack and honestly love it!!! I use it every night under my face cream my skin looks a lot more radiant and is glowing since using it and it's been two weeks, will definitely repurchase again

on 5/26/2017 5:34:00 AM

Love this stuff. Leaves skin smooth and evens out skin. Also helped my wrinkles.

on 5/18/2017 10:55:00 PM

bought this before christmas 2016, as part of three little wonders trio, small starter set. Excellent price. Essentially you get the 30 ml of a $60 moisturizer and the full size of the $60 pm glycolic serum for 20 bucks.
I used as directed. Wears well under makeup, the moisturizer is extremely rich but not in a bad way, and a little goes a long way, so if I over did it, I'd regret it 8 hours later; bit shiny.
So, entire set: I loved so much, actually repurchased. That's a first.
Then I stopped using for one month to test. Did other stuff, serums, light cream, the same idea.
Noticed a difference. And realized from photos of naked-faced photos both am and pm that my skin just looked better between Jan and April: glow, clearer, younger, brighter, scars had def begun to fade (acne) and not clogged.
So, as I write this, it is night number one of going back on Ole Henriksen, all the way, same trio, I'm sold!
so to summarize:
no breakouts
helped scars
excellent under concealer and high quality mineral powders (all I wear for makeup)
smells delish
fantastic active ingredients in a stable formula - did a lot of research on that btw
good looking skin that glows!
nice packaging
excellent value (as a set)
passed the four month test with the one month controlled test break...
with flying colours!

on 4/22/2017 10:50:00 PM

I'm conflicted: The science on this product is pretty solid, but the texture is sticky and the scent is strong. I like it, I have not noticed any breakouts as a result, but I put it on more because I was told to, and because Beauty by the Geeks say it's good (and because I paid for it) than because I personally love it.

Popular Face Skincare Products