Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 11/18/2017 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This feels nice on my face and smells amazing but I am not seeing any results at all with it. Love the pump bottle though. I will be sticking with Deciem for vitamin C serums. Would not repurchase.

on 10/26/2017 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this about 3 months ago. The bottle is nearly empty and it has done *nothing* to brighten my skin. I have very light dermal melasma that I have faded quite well with my own DIY serums. I thought I would try something "professional" Well, all this product as done is clogged my pores and irritate my skin. Will not repurchase.

I love a lot of the products in this skin care line because they're priced right and always smells really great. Like the rest of the truth line, this serum smells very citrusy without any irritation. But this serum just doesn't play nice with my Josie Maran face oil. As soon as I layer my face oil on top of this serum, it starts to pill off. Since the serum keeps pilling off, I can't really speak to how effective this serum is. I love my face oil more, so I'm not going to purchase the full size to try this again.

on 7/22/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed with this product so far. I've been using it for a couple of weeks after I wash my face in the morning and at night. My undereyes particularly seem firmer and more hydrated, and my skin overall has less texture now. I've always been kind of skeptical of fancy skin care, but I am really loving this serum so far. I want to try the night serum and the moisturizer as well.

ETA: I love this serum so much. I just can't spend $48/ounce. At this rate I'll be spending 50 bucks a month just for face serum. No can do. So sadly I will not repurchase this product. But if it's in your budget, I highly recommend it. It is fantastic.

on 10/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

The Ole Henricksen Truth Serum is just an okay vitamin C serum, in my opinion. What I don't like about this serum is the fact that they have included many potentially irritating ingredients, such as: grapefruit seed extract, orange fruit extract, fragrance, linalool, citral, and limonene. Skin doesn't gain any benefit in the inclusion of these ingredients and for some people these ingredients can cause damage and irritation- sometimes even when you don't see or feel it. There are much better Vitamin C Serums out there- Drunk Elephant, Clinique, Karuna, Exuviance are brands that make some great Vitamin C Treatments worth checking out instead of this one. One more word it is nearly impossible to regrow collagen from a simple serum.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this in a lil bundle of gift last holiday came with the .5oz of the Youth Activating Oil for such an affordable price. I was sooooo excited to use this since Claudia Sulewski use these 2 combo on her skincare routine everyday and her skin looked so glowing & radiance & all the good stuff. The serum was scented with citrus-y scent it smelled so fresh & I kinda liked it. It worked fine on my skin, but not as good as it did on Claudia's skin lol maybe she added other excellent products on her regime to look that good. But this one was fine nothing fancy nothing wow. For that high price tag I'd say skip it, maybe try the ordinary vitamin c one it's cheaper, a lot cheaper than this.

on 6/16/2017 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this as part of the 3 little wonders skin care regimen, along with the Find Your Balance cleanser. I love it-- my skin looks and feels cleaner and brighter. I'm not sure which product is contributing the most to the improvement of my skin, but I love all of the products. I love the consistency and smell of each product.

I keep coming back to this serum. Every couple of years I get it into my head to try to find a cheaper vitamin C serum, but I always end up back with Truth Serum in the end. This makes a very noticeable difference in my skin. My skin is brighter, I have less discoloration, and the texture is better.
I use this as a daytime serum and it works well for me like that. It absorbs quickly and completely. I've never had a problem wearing it under my makeup. I usually hate fragrance in my skincare but I love the orange scent in this.
It's not cheap, but it's really worth it if it works for you. I save money in the long run by not throwing out half used bottles of serum that do nothing for me.

on 7/12/2017 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I received this product as a sample size at Sephora.

My skin felt so radiant and hydrated after using the Truth Serum. It did not irritate my skin. The fragrance is soft and citrus-y. The smell ends about 5 minutes after applying and doesn't linger (unlike the Sunday Riley CEO--that thing is like perfume).

Of the first three ingredients, two are forms of vitamin C. It also has aloe and grapeseed extract. All the product texture-enhancing ingredients are at the bottom of the list--which they should be.

For reference, I have combination skin that leans oily.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Would definitely buy this product again. It's become a staple in my everyday cleansing face routine. It is pricey but worth it. Does the job! My face felt more healthy and brighter overtime. I put this on after I tone my face and underneath my moisturizer. Does not leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy which is a huge plus for me especially in the summer hear since I have oily shiny skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products