Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you enjoy this product, please disregard my review, as this is more about personal preference and knowing how companies overprice for products containing either too little Vit C or no way to preserve it.

This is an okay serum, it does provide hydration and smooth skin, so if you layer products it's the right consistency. In terms of Vitamin C, it's definitely not the most effective amount, nor did I notice a difference in my skin the way I know C works. This is really common with Vit C products because it's not shelf stable, not to mention that antioxidants require full SPF coverage so that they don't break down or damage your skin. I will always advocate that even the smallest amount of topical C requires SPF and should be stated on all products containing it.

I think this is overpriced in comparison to making your own serum, but it might be good for those who want to layer products for hydration or those who use acid peels. I would not suggest this for people who specifically want Vitamin C.

on 1/15/2018 2:50:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this serum from Sephora and have been using it consistently for the past three weeks. While the serum does make my skin feel really soft and smooth after applying it, I can't say I've seen the slightest overall change in the texture or firmness of my skin. It seems a bit expensive for something that doesn't quite live up to it's claims, so I won't be purchasing once my sample runs out. Nice serum, but too pricy for me for the minimal results.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The packaging of this serum has changed by the way. It now comes in a translucent orange coloured bottle.
The smell is very orangey and the consistency of the product is pretty liquid. When applied to the face, it absorbs right away and having oily skin myself, I have come to love it. This is the 2nd bottle I'm on and I will keep buying this product again and again.

on 12/15/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum is a holy grail product for me, have repurchased several times and will continue to do so. Day or night, it just nourishes and calms my skin in a way no other has done. I love the vibes on this stuff.

on 11/18/2017 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This feels nice on my face and smells amazing but I am not seeing any results at all with it. Love the pump bottle though. I will be sticking with Deciem for vitamin C serums. Would not repurchase.

on 10/26/2017 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this about 3 months ago. The bottle is nearly empty and it has done *nothing* to brighten my skin. I have very light dermal melasma that I have faded quite well with my own DIY serums. I thought I would try something "professional" Well, all this product as done is clogged my pores and irritate my skin. Will not repurchase.

on 10/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

The Ole Henricksen Truth Serum is just an okay vitamin C serum, in my opinion. What I don't like about this serum is the fact that they have included many potentially irritating ingredients, such as: grapefruit seed extract, orange fruit extract, fragrance, linalool, citral, and limonene. Skin doesn't gain any benefit in the inclusion of these ingredients and for some people these ingredients can cause damage and irritation- sometimes even when you don't see or feel it. There are much better Vitamin C Serums out there- Drunk Elephant, Clinique, Karuna, Exuviance are brands that make some great Vitamin C Treatments worth checking out instead of this one. One more word it is nearly impossible to regrow collagen from a simple serum.

I love a lot of the products in this skin care line because they're priced right and always smells really great. Like the rest of the truth line, this serum smells very citrusy without any irritation. But this serum just doesn't play nice with my Josie Maran face oil. As soon as I layer my face oil on top of this serum, it starts to pill off. Since the serum keeps pilling off, I can't really speak to how effective this serum is. I love my face oil more, so I'm not going to purchase the full size to try this again.

on 7/22/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed with this product so far. I've been using it for a couple of weeks after I wash my face in the morning and at night. My undereyes particularly seem firmer and more hydrated, and my skin overall has less texture now. I've always been kind of skeptical of fancy skin care, but I am really loving this serum so far. I want to try the night serum and the moisturizer as well.

ETA: I love this serum so much. I just can't spend $48/ounce. At this rate I'll be spending 50 bucks a month just for face serum. No can do. So sadly I will not repurchase this product. But if it's in your budget, I highly recommend it. It is fantastic.

Edited again: I decided after trying a couple of other serums - cheaper ones - that I don't want to try to find something almost as good as this. I want this. So I bought the 1.7 fl oz size with a $20 discount from Sephora and I'm trying to see how long I can get it to last. I figure if I can get it to last at least two months, then I can justify the cost to myself. It really is amazing stuff.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this in a lil bundle of gift last holiday came with the .5oz of the Youth Activating Oil for such an affordable price. I was sooooo excited to use this since Claudia Sulewski use these 2 combo on her skincare routine everyday and her skin looked so glowing & radiance & all the good stuff. The serum was scented with citrus-y scent it smelled so fresh & I kinda liked it. It worked fine on my skin, but not as good as it did on Claudia's skin lol maybe she added other excellent products on her regime to look that good. But this one was fine nothing fancy nothing wow. For that high price tag I'd say skip it, maybe try the ordinary vitamin c one it's cheaper, a lot cheaper than this.

Popular Face Skincare Products