Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

3.4

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

One the best antiaging boosters that I have tried. Has a fresh scent and does not feel oily to the touch. Has extreme healing properties and I love the fact that it's oil free. I use this at night to repair my skin from any damage during the day. I especially love it during the summer time to heal any sun damage that can cause wrinkles.

I had pretty high hopes for this product after reading the reviews online about it but unfortunately I felt like it did nothing for my skin. I having been using it for the last 3+ months but I still do not see any changes to my skin compared to before in terms of brightness and clarity. I purchased this in the 3 little wonders kit, but bought it mainly for the invigorating night treatment gel which did wonders for my skin. Also I do not like the smell of the product as it smells of artificial citrus which I find very off putting.

To Read all 292 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/9/2016 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

75 bucks for the big size but Imma bite the bullet. Yeah, it's that good. Got the trial size in a Sephora GVP. There was a red spot on my face that was not quite a break out, it had been lingering for a month. Used this and it was gone over night! Plus my skin is glowy and bright. Aaaaah mazing. I have used Avon's Vitamin C serum, and it never had such dramatic results for me. I am adding Truth Serum to my daily routine, it does say to use in the morning, I prefer to use that type of stuff at night. I have heard that the effectiveness diminishes if you don't use it at night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Got a travel size bottle of this from Sephora when I bought my Clarisonic. I have been using it once a day - in the morning - and am almost out of the serum now. Have not seen any improvement in my skin whatsoever. I have substantial hyperpigmnentation from acne/acne scarring and I have not seen any difference after finishing the travel sized bottle.

Thankfully, I did not experience any negative reactions (super sensitive skin) despite the fragrance of this serum; it has a strong, artificial-smelling orange scent. I didn't mind it, but I could see it being bothersome for those who prefer mildly scented or unscented products.

on 4/26/2016 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Great serum, it makes my skin glow and feel more even, and it absorbs quickly into the skin.

on 4/25/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE! Point blank period

I am surprised at all the low ratings because I can DEFINITELY say without a doubt that this serum worked for ME.

I have a very dry and sensitive patch of skin around my mouth area and no matter how much exfoliating, moisturizing oil..cream you name it. It was always dry and my makeup jus looked cakey around my mouth. I got a free sample from Sephora and it changed my face OVERNIGHT legit. I gave the sample to my mom and I purchased the Truth set when I got the Insiders 10% discount. I honestly wish I just bought the large sized bottle of it but thought id try the set.

Not sure what people were expecting from this serum but it certainly fixed my dry patch situation. over night!

Big no no product for me. Did nothing for my skin.

on 12/22/2015 10:21:00 PM

I love this serum. The texture looks quite viscous but absorbs immediately after massage it into the face. This product provides immediate result after use. I applied it overnight and my face becomes radiant in the morning. I do find that it turns my skin drying in use for one week. Make sure you have a good moisturizer on top in case you have dry skin to provide sufficient moisture to your skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't see any changes in my skin while using this product. It's hella expensive for a product that doesn't do anything (for me). It smells nice though. Will not repurchase.

on 11/16/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unlike so many other vitamin C serums, I didn't notice any changes at all while using this product. While it felt nice on the skin and I do think it may have acted as a light moisturizer, there were no changes in tone or texture during the 3 months I used it. Also, while the citrus scent is really nice, its strong and I imagine this is a bit too much for the skin - minimally its very unnecessary and will likely act as an irritant for those with sensitive skin. I was completely unimpressed by this product (ditto for the cream).

I can only give this 1 star. Reason being is because in my experience of using high quality VC serums the changes are almost immediate - this goes just as much for really pricey products as it does for inexpensive and DIY VC serums. Timeless is half the price and is a much better serum than this one IMO. This product was definitely not for me. While far from a bad product it also doesn't appear to have enough benefits to justify using/picking over other readily available VC serums.

Popular Face Skincare Products