Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by age: 44-55
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.8

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 5/26/2017 5:34:00 AM

Love this stuff. Leaves skin smooth and evens out skin. Also helped my wrinkles.

on 6/9/2016 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

75 bucks for the big size but Imma bite the bullet. Yeah, it's that good. Got the trial size in a Sephora GVP. There was a red spot on my face that was not quite a break out, it had been lingering for a month. Used this and it was gone over night! Plus my skin is glowy and bright. Aaaaah mazing. I have used Avon's Vitamin C serum, and it never had such dramatic results for me. I am adding Truth Serum to my daily routine, it does say to use in the morning, I prefer to use that type of stuff at night. I have heard that the effectiveness diminishes if you don't use it at night.

on 11/16/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unlike so many other vitamin C serums, I didn't notice any changes at all while using this product. While it felt nice on the skin and I do think it may have acted as a light moisturizer, there were no changes in tone or texture during the 3 months I used it. Also, while the citrus scent is really nice, its strong and I imagine this is a bit too much for the skin - minimally its very unnecessary and will likely act as an irritant for those with sensitive skin. I was completely unimpressed by this product (ditto for the cream).

I can only give this 1 star. Reason being is because in my experience of using high quality VC serums the changes are almost immediate - this goes just as much for really pricey products as it does for inexpensive and DIY VC serums. Timeless is half the price and is a much better serum than this one IMO. This product was definitely not for me. While far from a bad product it also doesn't appear to have enough benefits to justify using/picking over other readily available VC serums.

on 12/28/2014 7:27:00 PM

I use this in the AM, and have been doing so for a month.This product is what I need, and apparently ALL I need to keep moisture on my skin without clogging.
(For reference, I had also tried the Sheer Transformation from this line, which seems like it would have been perfect, but that was, oddly, too much for my skin in terms of clogging. I previously used an Olay 7 in one product for at least a year before I started reacting to it. I will probably never approach a cream based moisturizer again, because they just does not do well with my skin anymore.)
I am sad my skin is no longer satisfied with drugstore products. This is not good for my wallet, but I am just glad to find products that work for me now.
My skin looks brighter and more even after using the collagen booster for a month. I also use the invigorating night treatment in the evening. My skin looks great, more even, no bumps or redness, softer texture, and reduced fine lines.

on 11/21/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

guys, i've only been using this for a week, and i can already see the difference. pores are tighter, skin is brighter and the tone more even. that said, haven't noticed any change at all in wrinkles/lines - but again, its only been a week.

i use it once a day at night, so i'm not concerned with how it acts under make-up. it goes on a bit slimy, but it soaks into my dry skin easily.

as the harsh winter rolls in, i'll have to see how dry my skin is using this product. but i'd still use it, but perhaps every second night instead of every night.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Decided to try the truth serum again based on reviews and I have used it in the past. Loved the results and feel of this serum. Within approximately two weeks I began noticing clarity in my skin tone with no peeling as other vitamin c serums have caused. I purchased the 1 oz bottle about 7 weeks ago and still have a bit left using two times daily. I really love this line but I'm not sure it plays well with my Rosacea, I've gotten some redness so I will take some time off and see what happens. When I used the line previously I did not have rosacea and all was well, not gonna give up entirely but I will take some time off.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this trio set - serum, invigorating night serum, sheer cream. The serum is in a spray bottle which I like for hygenic reasons. I applied the serum after cleansing my face at night then followed it with the night cream then sheer cream. A few times, I used this under my moisturizer with SPF. It balled up under my concealer. I imagine it would do the same under foundation which I don't use anyway. It smells citrusy and spreads well on my combo skin. It makes my skin a bit tacky (does that mean my skin is not absorbing it well?) After using the 15ml, I don't see any difference. How long and how much do you use for any visible change? For the high price, I expected more. SAs at Sephora sing high praises for it. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/11/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Been using for about a yr and it hasn't bothered my rosacea. My skin gets more and more sensitive as time goes on, so c serums I used a few yrs ago now irritate me. Maybe SAP is the way to go for me since other types of vitamin C seem to irritate me now. Onto the results: this stuff makes my skin glow, look plumper, brighter, more clarity. I tend to get clogged pores easily and have seen mentioned on the board that SAP may be good for acne. Honestly results with this c serum are more noticeable than c serums I've used in the past.

on 3/26/2013 2:19:00 PM

I actually received this as a bonus along with some of his other products and the stinging/redness that resulted made me toss it. Along with all the other products. I will stick with my regular routine--sometimes trying new products doesn't work out I guess!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Upate 8/2013: Still love this.

Love love love. The charming barbiH inspired me to try this and I have never been happier with an OTC product. Had been using a different C but felt it might be irritating me (NuFountain C20 + B3) so gave this a test via Sephora sample. Looooove. Skin is smoother, softer and brighter and PIH is fading.

It has been a month and no clogs. Two pumps covers my whole face and neck including eyelids and under eyes. Oh and fine lines are diminshing too! FYI I am 44, acne prone, highly clog prone and use Taz in conjunction with this.

Anyway, don't let the slams on scent dissuade your trying this - it is more citrus infused with cilantro than Flintstone chewables.

Popular Face Skincare Products