Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Filtered by age: 36-43
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Truth SerumTruth Serum

3.6

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5

on 7/5/2018 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am on a quest to find the holy grail of vitamin c and this is yet another product I have tried but found it disappointing as compared to all the positive reviews. I used it for about two months so I could give it time to be effective and I could judge it fairly. I have pretty good skin and my main concerns are that I do have the beginnings of aging with my skin not as firm in appearance as it use to be, some dullness and I want to recapture youthful appearance of my skin. The serum comes in a pump top dispenser bottle. A 30 ml (1oz) bottle is 48 dollars which I think is a reasonable price and would continue to buy it if it was effective for my concerns. I do not like the pump dispenser because it only allows you to pump exactly one predetermined pump at a time. I am not able to push it down say half ways to get just half a pump of product and that was automatically a big negative for this. I don't need a whole pump of product, half would be sufficient so its just throwing money away and I hate waste. The serum is a liquid/gel like texture that is easy to apply all over the face. It dries quickly and doesn't dey near as sticky as other vitamin c products. It also doesn't have that tingling sensation that occurs with vit c products. It had no adverse effects when applied. Short term, when applied I saw a noticeable difference in my skin. It appeared more radiant and awake. The dullness definitely was decreased. It didn't last though. I soon learned that the serum did benefit my skin in a number of ways but always short term, noticeable when applied but by end of day or next morning it as back to looking the same as it did before I applied this. That never changed thru the course of treatment. It was like a bandaid to my skin concerns instead of actually treating them and showing signs of correction over time. I never got that and that is ultimately why I have discontinued use and will go back to my previous vit c product that I liked better. I don't think I would recommend this because I have negative feelings towards so many people paying so much for a product that I saw trick me into thinking it was working but in reality was just making it look like it was by giving my skin a noticeable boost with application but quit applying it and you will see before the day is out what I noticed too. If it works for you then that is really good and I am glad it did. It didn't for me

on 5/23/2018 11:38:00 PM

i love this serum and have already repurchased a few times. It is on the pricy side but it feels great on and my skin just drinks it up. it is not a moisturizing product so I follow up with a moisturizer.

on 11/18/2017 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This feels nice on my face and smells amazing but I am not seeing any results at all with it. Love the pump bottle though. I will be sticking with Deciem for vitamin C serums. Would not repurchase.

on 10/26/2017 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this about 3 months ago. The bottle is nearly empty and it has done *nothing* to brighten my skin. I have very light dermal melasma that I have faded quite well with my own DIY serums. I thought I would try something "professional" Well, all this product as done is clogged my pores and irritate my skin. Will not repurchase.

I love a lot of the products in this skin care line because they're priced right and always smells really great. Like the rest of the truth line, this serum smells very citrusy without any irritation. But this serum just doesn't play nice with my Josie Maran face oil. As soon as I layer my face oil on top of this serum, it starts to pill off. Since the serum keeps pilling off, I can't really speak to how effective this serum is. I love my face oil more, so I'm not going to purchase the full size to try this again.

on 7/22/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really impressed with this product so far. I've been using it for a couple of weeks after I wash my face in the morning and at night. My undereyes particularly seem firmer and more hydrated, and my skin overall has less texture now. I've always been kind of skeptical of fancy skin care, but I am really loving this serum so far. I want to try the night serum and the moisturizer as well.

ETA: I love this serum so much. I just can't spend $48/ounce. At this rate I'll be spending 50 bucks a month just for face serum. No can do. So sadly I will not repurchase this product. But if it's in your budget, I highly recommend it. It is fantastic.

Edited again: I decided after trying a couple of other serums - cheaper ones - that I don't want to try to find something almost as good as this. I want this. So I bought the 1.7 fl oz size with a $20 discount from Sephora and I'm trying to see how long I can get it to last. I figure if I can get it to last at least two months, then I can justify the cost to myself. It really is amazing stuff.

I keep coming back to this serum. Every couple of years I get it into my head to try to find a cheaper vitamin C serum, but I always end up back with Truth Serum in the end. This makes a very noticeable difference in my skin. My skin is brighter, I have less discoloration, and the texture is better.
I use this as a daytime serum and it works well for me like that. It absorbs quickly and completely. I've never had a problem wearing it under my makeup. I usually hate fragrance in my skincare but I love the orange scent in this.
It's not cheap, but it's really worth it if it works for you. I save money in the long run by not throwing out half used bottles of serum that do nothing for me.

on 5/18/2017 10:55:00 PM

bought this before christmas 2016, as part of three little wonders trio, small starter set. Excellent price. Essentially you get the 30 ml of a $60 moisturizer and the full size of the $60 pm glycolic serum for 20 bucks.
I used as directed. Wears well under makeup, the moisturizer is extremely rich but not in a bad way, and a little goes a long way, so if I over did it, I'd regret it 8 hours later; bit shiny.
So, entire set: I loved so much, actually repurchased. That's a first.
Then I stopped using for one month to test. Did other stuff, serums, light cream, the same idea.
Noticed a difference. And realized from photos of naked-faced photos both am and pm that my skin just looked better between Jan and April: glow, clearer, younger, brighter, scars had def begun to fade (acne) and not clogged.
So, as I write this, it is night number one of going back on Ole Henriksen, all the way, same trio, I'm sold!
so to summarize:
no breakouts
helped scars
excellent under concealer and high quality mineral powders (all I wear for makeup)
smells delish
fantastic active ingredients in a stable formula - did a lot of research on that btw
good looking skin that glows!
nice packaging
excellent value (as a set)
passed the four month test with the one month controlled test break...
with flying colours!

on 4/22/2017 10:50:00 PM

I'm conflicted: The science on this product is pretty solid, but the texture is sticky and the scent is strong. I like it, I have not noticed any breakouts as a result, but I put it on more because I was told to, and because Beauty by the Geeks say it's good (and because I paid for it) than because I personally love it.

One the best antiaging boosters that I have tried. Has a fresh scent and does not feel oily to the touch. Has extreme healing properties and I love the fact that it's oil free. I use this at night to repair my skin from any damage during the day. I especially love it during the summer time to heal any sun damage that can cause wrinkles.