La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid

3.2

(Active Ingredient : Titanium Dioxide 11%) --- Water, Dodecahedron, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Silica, Tridecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminium Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-8 Laurate, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Benzoic Acid, PEG-9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another excellent ss from LRP, which for me, has always provided top-notch UV protection, if not always the least shiny finish! This I was able to buy in a US DS because it's mineral (if it's not mineral, I'm not buying US ss, IME, all US chem ss's are crap). It's a thin white milk consistency, fragrance free, and does give a mild white cast.

It can sink into creases a wee bit, and is nowhere near as elegant as, say, a Biore Uv Perfect face milk spf50, but it's pretty darn good, and has the convenience of being buyable in a US DS for when you just can't wait for an online order. If you have dark skin the white cast might be a bit much. I have very oily, sensitive skin, on the fair side, and this works great! The finish on this is pretty matte.

The UV protection is not quite as good as LRP's euro chem and hybrid ss's, which are some of the best around, IMHO, but it's better than many ss's out there, and what can you expect for a ss you can buy in-store in the US? I can say I have never burned w/ this stuff, and the melasma protection seems decent. Good stuff, a reliable ss for face, chest, etc.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

FYI, I have very oily skin prone to blemishes and i am NC30/35. I am also a sunscreen junkie and like to try them all. This one is by far the best i have tried and that i plan on repurchasing for ever!
- excellent protection
- very light, dries matte
- doesn't make me break out
- doesn't make me more shiny during the day
- leaves a slight white cast but once i put makeup on everything disappears
- 100% physical filter

This is the perfect sunscreen for me. I live in Europe and have to order it though Amazon because here they only sell the chemical version, i wonder why?

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Title: Left me shiny and white

Pros:

light weight liquid
non-irritating
UVA/UVB Protection

Cons:

Doesn't rub in well
doesn't work well with mattifier
Greasy or Heavy
settles into creases

Best Uses:

Daily Use

I was excited to try this sunscreen based on reviews from several sites. Unfortunately, it didn't work well for my normal to oily combo skin because it made me terribly greasy and slightly white. When I tried to use a mattifier on top of it, the mattifier didn't adhere, leaving a weird blotchy texture. Also, it took so long to dry that it settled in all the creases around my eyes. While it didn't work for me, I found the texture and non-irritation to be wonderful.

The Good:
--very light weight liquid texture is easy to spread and does not feel heavy
--broad-spectrum coverage
--non-irritating, especially around delicate eye area

The Bad:
--left a greasy, shiny finish on my normal to oily combo skin
--didn't work well when layering with mattifier
--settled in creases around eyes while drying

Regarding the white cast it left--I think this is not really a con because it can be mixed with the tinted version of this sunscreen to get a custom shade. I would still recommend it, even though it didn't work for me.

Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

After hearing all the amazing reviews about LRP SS I knew I had to give it a chance and ever since I have been very content. I went to the drugstore and out of my options I picked this one. This smooths over my face like a dream. The texture is best described as packaged--ultra light. After I put it on I feel like I have nothing on my face. I also don't use much. Compared to the few other sunscreens I've tried this is amongst the very few that my face loves. If you are in search of a face sunscreen and want top quality with a price tag tha can be fully justified ($35) I would look into this!

This product has two negatives for my normal skin.. 1. leaves a white cast, and 2, because it is so matte, foundation applied over it "sits" on top rather than blending in.. This holds true applying over daily moisturizer and under both my water based and richer formula Chanel foundations.. I prefer my L'Oreal Silky Sheer lotion spf 50 for daily use over moisturizer. Maybe it's just the mineral formulation, but this product is a no repeat for me..

this is a really good physical sunscreen, it is really light weight, oil-free and has a matte finish. it leaves a slight white cast but is invisible under makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Tried this out of curiosity. I've heard so much about LRP over the years but had never experienced their products for myself. I purchased the Toleriane Dermo-Nettoyant and this. This sunscreen was definitely a big miss for me. My sensitive skin heated up like crazy within seconds of application. I persevered and left it on for the day so I could see how it performed. It sucked the moisture out of my skin and left a chalky residue. Sticking with my favourites: EltaMD UV Pure & Replenix Sheer Physical SPF 50.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my goodness, for a mineral only SS that doesn't actually contain a high amount of actives, this is so incredibly whitening. Not brightening, think geisha. And I don't even have a dark complexion, think N20, N25 in the summer... Impossible to wear.

The only positives is that it dries down quickly & is matte, not shiney like a lot of mineral SS.

Thankfully I got this through work. If I didn't it would be going back in a heartbeat.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mineral SPF has both zinc oxide (for UVA 1, UVA 2, UVB) and titanium dioxide (UVA 2, UVB) so broad spectrum. I also like that it drys and isn’t tacky to the touch. It doesn’t burn or sting my skin. It leaves a slight whitish cast which does subside somewhat after application (makeup goes over easily and can cover this, again not sticky or tacky), and a little shinny. Actually makes for a good makeup primer. I had tried the tinted version, but felt like I looked a little yellow/orange from it (could see a slight “make up line”). I like this version better. Also the tinted version is just titanium dioxide (which doesn't cover UVA 1). I also read that titanium when mixed with sweat will turn to a grayish cast. This does seem to make my skin a little dry though. I will keep using for now. I much prefer the physical blockers for my SPF especially with my sensitive skin. This is by far the best SPF I've found with all physical blockers.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this sunscreen. I have used several other brands including Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, Biore and Mecca and this is one of my favourite facial sunscreens so far. It does leave a white-ish cast on the skin but if you are quite fair (I am ~NC25) it actually leaves your face with more coverage (my face looked more radiant and pigmentation was slightly covered).

My skin also breaks out to certain types of Asian sunscreens which usually have the same texture being milky (i.e. Biore), but this was generally fine for me. EDIT: I did notice that over a week or so of only using this sunscreen in a hot environment, my skin seemed bumpier/more pimply, but not sure if this was a result of weather changes.

PROS:
- very light on skin once absorbed
- does not seem to cause pimples
- good protection (SPF 50+) and some UVA protection
- fairly neutral smell- no perfumes
- alcohol denat free

CONS:
- white cast for tanner skin
- feels slightly oily upon application but this goes away quickly
- have to rub in sunscreen quite quickly otherwise the white-ish cast may set funny
- PPD rating could be higher, as the BASF's PPD sunscreen simulator calculated 6% Titanium Dioxide & 5% Zinc Oxide to only give a PA++ (~6)

7/10