La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid

2.9

(Active Ingredient : Titanium Dioxide 11%) --- Water, Dodecahedron, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Silica, Tridecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminium Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-8 Laurate, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Benzoic Acid, PEG-9

This product unfortunately broke me out in my spot sensitive areas (forehead and in-between my brows). Stuck with it for 3 months before reverting to my old sunscreen Neostrata spf 50 and the spots cleared up. I know of people who love this sunscreen however and have had no problems with it! It's good if you want something sheer, easily available (in the UK) that's at a decent price point.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SCENT: typical sunscreen scent, doesn't linger but won't go away unless fully absorbed into the skin
CONSISTENCY: not too runny but quite similar to a lotion, feels like grease city
PERFORMANCE: doesn't make me breakout (can't say much about its sun protection ability or longevity bc I've never worn it for a long day out in the sun just yet)

Because it felt too greasy on my skin, I'd left this in my drawer for a while and just recently decided to give it a go again, and during that time the oil in it got separated so when I tried to squeeze the sunscreen out the oil would ooze out nonstop! It's been a couple of days and it's still doing that, but now that most of the oil is gone the sunscreen itself certainly feels much less oily. I still wouldn't recommend this to anyone, you shouldn't have to go through all that trouble to make it work considering its price tag!

The reviews were so positive on this and I was on the market for a physical sunscreen last summer so I bit the bullet and picked this up at Target. Something in the formulation broke me out so after a few months, I gave up and eventually found EltaMD's physical sunscreen (SPF 41). I gave this to one of my kids to use for every day use. I liked that this was easy to find (at Target, no less) although the price wasn't great given the tiny bottle, but if it had worked I would have kept it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the worst sunscreen I've ever used. The baseline for an adequate sunscreen for me is "effective," and this one didn't pass the test. I had such high hopes as I've heard so many wonderful things about the sunscreens from La Roche-Posay, and I was about to spend a long day in the hot, aggressive sun, so I tried it out. I basically spent the entire day in the sun, and even though I went so far as to wear a UPF-hat, carry a UPF-parasol and reapply my sunscreen every hour, I still got burned. I even got sunspots, which is surprising for my age, and a MOLE appeared a few days later. I'm sure it was probably an accumulation of sunny days that brought these things out in my skin, but I think it was this long, sunny day without effective sunscreen that brought them out a little bit sooner.

On the plus side, I did love how tiny the bottle was and how thin the consistency was, but if it's not effective, there's no point in trying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am now on my second bottle of this non tinted version. I really like this, possibly more than the tinted version. I find it gives better sun protection (this has both mineral protectants while the tinted only has one) and wipes off clear (won't stain beach towels, hats, etc.). Yes, there is a slight white cast at first, but this dissipates in a few minutes after rubbing in. I have sensitive skin and really appreciate the lack of fragrance (my main issue since it causes irritation to my skin and gives me migraines sometimes). I also prefer the mineral to chemical offerings, as I have good success with this being better for sensitive skin. I don't have oily skin, but I can see how those who do would not like this product. They should look to their breakout free, matte finish face sunscreen. I do find this slightly moisturizing and I tend to set this with a translucent powder to prevent shine that sunscreen tends to give me. The white cast can cling to dry patches if not moisturized properly and rubbed in well. I also appreciate that this is water resistant and lasts a long time on the skin. I find it to be a very liquid product that applies smoothly and leaves a smooth feel to the skin. I also haven't experienced issues reapplying, but then again I will wipe my face with a towel in between to remove debris that may have settled on top to help keep things smoother. I also don't wear foundation daily, so I'm not sure how this works with that. I can attest to it giving a nice base to concealer. This has never once irritated my skin and does not cause acne for me. I was bothered by the bottle at first, but now that I know what amount to use it's a non issue. I highly recommend trying this if you are still looking for a sunscreen that works for you, especially if you are sensitive.

Edit: my chin has always had issues with tiny zits/bumps (not sure what they actually are) on either side of my jaw. Anyway, I ended up skipping this sunscreen for a long weekend in the sun and used another spf with more protection and that would be cheaper to apply many times. Long story short, my bumps actually went away during that weekend. When I went back to this sunscreen they returned and I noticed a slight burning sensation I hadn't noticed before (maybe because I was using it daily?). Not sure if they are clogging that area or I'm having some reaction, but after a few more tests (a few days on, a few days off) it is definitley this. I'm so, so sad. The finish on this was perfect and pores were smoothed somewhat. I could apply lots or a little, depending on the activity and my skin looked better than bare. I'm now on the hunt for another sunscreen after I thought I found my HG. I still reccomend others try it, but as with all skincare do be wary of what you put on your face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love LRP's Anthelios 60 Ultra-Light Fluid but I wanted to try a mineral-based sunscreen so I went with this. What a mistake. I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle or what, but no matter how much I shook it I could feel and see little grainy pieces all over my face. They never absorbed or dissolved so I had to wipe off this sand-like grit before applying primer and foundation, which, incidentally did not apply well - the sunscreen left everything a streaky mess despite a ton of blending. It also left a whitish cast on my face, which is quite a feat given how pasty I am. Back to the good old chemical Anthelios for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't like it because it leaves white residue on the skin that you cant't rub in.And if you want to add more on top of it it peels in million tiny white particles.Get a sample first as the forumla doesn't work for everyone.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I honestly don't understand those who rave about the Anthelios brand. I wouldn't buy this sunscreen again. I don't have skin prone to breakouts. However, the Anthelios 50 Mineral (Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid) made me break out in a way I haven't in at least two decades. For that reason alone, I'm giving it a one star.

The sunscreen isn't absorbed quickly by the skin. It leaves a white cast on the face for a while. The whitish color disappears about 15 minutes later, but your face is shiny and greasy in the meantime and some of it shows through makeup. I'm a light milk chocolate color, so I obviously don't want to have a whitish cast to my skin. The breakouts were the worst. These weren't small whiteheads, but elevated red angry pimples, which I haven't had from any other sunscreen before. While this is paraben-free and fragrance-free, it most certainly isn't non-comedogenic. My breakout went away after I stopped using this sunscreen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another excellent ss from LRP, which for me, has always provided top-notch UV protection, if not always the least shiny finish! This I was able to buy in a US DS because it's mineral (if it's not mineral, I'm not buying US ss, IME, all US chem ss's are crap). It's a thin white milk consistency, fragrance free, and does give a mild white cast.

It can sink into creases a wee bit, and is nowhere near as elegant as, say, a Biore Uv Perfect face milk spf50, but it's pretty darn good, and has the convenience of being buyable in a US DS for when you just can't wait for an online order. If you have dark skin the white cast might be a bit much. I have very oily, sensitive skin, on the fair side, and this works great! The finish on this is pretty matte.

The UV protection is not quite as good as LRP's euro chem and hybrid ss's, which are some of the best around, IMHO, but it's better than many ss's out there, and what can you expect for a ss you can buy in-store in the US? I can say I have never burned w/ this stuff, and the melasma protection seems decent. Good stuff, a reliable ss for face, chest, etc.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

FYI, I have very oily skin prone to blemishes and i am NC30/35. I am also a sunscreen junkie and like to try them all. This one is by far the best i have tried and that i plan on repurchasing for ever!
- excellent protection
- very light, dries matte
- doesn't make me break out
- doesn't make me more shiny during the day
- leaves a slight white cast but once i put makeup on everything disappears
- 100% physical filter

This is the perfect sunscreen for me. I live in Europe and have to order it though Amazon because here they only sell the chemical version, i wonder why?