La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid

3.0

(Active Ingredient : Titanium Dioxide 11%) --- Water, Dodecahedron, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Silica, Tridecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminium Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-8 Laurate, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Benzoic Acid, PEG-9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the worst sunscreen I've ever used. The baseline for an adequate sunscreen for me is "effective," and this one didn't pass the test. I had such high hopes as I've heard so many wonderful things about the sunscreens from La Roche-Posay, and I was about to spend a long day in the hot, aggressive sun, so I tried it out. I basically spent the entire day in the sun, and even though I went so far as to wear a UPF-hat, carry a UPF-parasol and reapply my sunscreen every hour, I still got burned. I even got sunspots, which is surprising for my age, and a MOLE appeared a few days later. I'm sure it was probably an accumulation of sunny days that brought these things out in my skin, but I think it was this long, sunny day without effective sunscreen that brought them out a little bit sooner.

On the plus side, I did love how tiny the bottle was and how thin the consistency was, but if it's not effective, there's no point in trying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am now on my second bottle of this non tinted version. I really like this, possibly more than the tinted version. I find it gives better sun protection (this has both mineral protect ants while the tinted only has one) and wipes off clear (won't stain beach towels, hats, etc.). Yes, there is a slight white cast at first, but this dissipates in a few minutes after rubbing in. I have sensitive skin and really appreciate the lack of fragrance (my main issue since it causes irritation to my skin and gives me migraines sometimes). I also prefer the mineral to chemical offerings, as I have good success with this being better for sensitive skin. I don't have oily skin, but I can see how those who do would not like this product. They should look to their breakout free, matte finish face sunscreen. I do find this slightly moisturizing and I tend to set this with a translucent powder to prevent shine that sunscreen tends to give me. The white cast can cling to dry patches if not moisturized properly and rubbed in well. I also appreciate that this is water resistant and lasts a long time on the skin. I find it to be a very liquid product that applies smoothly and leaves a smooth feel to the skin. I als haven't experienced issues reapplying, but then again I will wipe my face with a towel in between to remove debris that may have settled on top to help keep things smoother. I also don't wear foundation daily, so I'm not sure how this works with that. I can attest to it giving a nice base to concealer. This has never once irritated my skin and does not cause acne for me. I was bothered by the bottle at first, but now that I know what amount to use it's a non issue. I highly recommend trying this if you are still looking for a sunscreen that works for you, especially if you are sensitive.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love LRP's Anthelios 60 Ultra-Light Fluid but I wanted to try a mineral-based sunscreen so I went with this. What a mistake. I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle or what, but no matter how much I shook it I could feel and see little grainy pieces all over my face. They never absorbed or dissolved so I had to wipe off this sand-like grit before applying primer and foundation, which, incidentally did not apply well - the sunscreen left everything a streaky mess despite a ton of blending. It also left a whitish cast on my face, which is quite a feat given how pasty I am. Back to the good old chemical Anthelios for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't like it because it leaves white residue on the skin that you cant't rub in.And if you want to add more on top of it it peels in million tiny white particles.Get a sample first as the forumla doesn't work for everyone.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I honestly don't understand those who rave about the Anthelios brand. I wouldn't buy this sunscreen again. I don't have skin prone to breakouts. However, the Anthelios 50 Mineral (Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid) made me break out in a way I haven't in at least two decades. For that reason alone, I'm giving it a one star.

The sunscreen isn't absorbed quickly by the skin. It leaves a white cast on the face for a while. The whitish color disappears about 15 minutes later, but your face is shiny and greasy in the meantime and some of it shows through makeup. I'm a light milk chocolate color, so I obviously don't want to have a whitish cast to my skin. The breakouts were the worst. These weren't small whiteheads, but elevated red angry pimples, which I haven't had from any other sunscreen before. While this is paraben-free and fragrance-free, it most certainly isn't non-comedogenic. My breakout went away after I stopped using this sunscreen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another excellent ss from LRP, which for me, has always provided top-notch UV protection, if not always the least shiny finish! This I was able to buy in a US DS because it's mineral (if it's not mineral, I'm not buying US ss, IME, all US chem ss's are crap). It's a thin white milk consistency, fragrance free, and does give a mild white cast.

It can sink into creases a wee bit, and is nowhere near as elegant as, say, a Biore Uv Perfect face milk spf50, but it's pretty darn good, and has the convenience of being buyable in a US DS for when you just can't wait for an online order. If you have dark skin the white cast might be a bit much. I have very oily, sensitive skin, on the fair side, and this works great! The finish on this is pretty matte.

The UV protection is not quite as good as LRP's euro chem and hybrid ss's, which are some of the best around, IMHO, but it's better than many ss's out there, and what can you expect for a ss you can buy in-store in the US? I can say I have never burned w/ this stuff, and the melasma protection seems decent. Good stuff, a reliable ss for face, chest, etc.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

FYI, I have very oily skin prone to blemishes and i am NC30/35. I am also a sunscreen junkie and like to try them all. This one is by far the best i have tried and that i plan on repurchasing for ever!
- excellent protection
- very light, dries matte
- doesn't make me break out
- doesn't make me more shiny during the day
- leaves a slight white cast but once i put makeup on everything disappears
- 100% physical filter

This is the perfect sunscreen for me. I live in Europe and have to order it though Amazon because here they only sell the chemical version, i wonder why?

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Title: Left me shiny and white

Pros:

light weight liquid
non-irritating
UVA/UVB Protection

Cons:

Doesn't rub in well
doesn't work well with mattifier
Greasy or Heavy
settles into creases

Best Uses:

Daily Use

I was excited to try this sunscreen based on reviews from several sites. Unfortunately, it didn't work well for my normal to oily combo skin because it made me terribly greasy and slightly white. When I tried to use a mattifier on top of it, the mattifier didn't adhere, leaving a weird blotchy texture. Also, it took so long to dry that it settled in all the creases around my eyes. While it didn't work for me, I found the texture and non-irritation to be wonderful.

The Good:
--very light weight liquid texture is easy to spread and does not feel heavy
--broad-spectrum coverage
--non-irritating, especially around delicate eye area

The Bad:
--left a greasy, shiny finish on my normal to oily combo skin
--didn't work well when layering with mattifier
--settled in creases around eyes while drying

Regarding the white cast it left--I think this is not really a con because it can be mixed with the tinted version of this sunscreen to get a custom shade. I would still recommend it, even though it didn't work for me.

Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

After hearing all the amazing reviews about LRP SS I knew I had to give it a chance and ever since I have been very content. I went to the drugstore and out of my options I picked this one. This smooths over my face like a dream. The texture is best described as packaged--ultra light. After I put it on I feel like I have nothing on my face. I also don't use much. Compared to the few other sunscreens I've tried this is amongst the very few that my face loves. If you are in search of a face sunscreen and want top quality with a price tag tha can be fully justified ($35) I would look into this!

This product has two negatives for my normal skin.. 1. leaves a white cast, and 2, because it is so matte, foundation applied over it "sits" on top rather than blending in.. This holds true applying over daily moisturizer and under both my water based and richer formula Chanel foundations.. I prefer my L'Oreal Silky Sheer lotion spf 50 for daily use over moisturizer. Maybe it's just the mineral formulation, but this product is a no repeat for me..