Deborah Lippmann Naked

Deborah Lippmann Naked

4.5

on 12/12/2017 2:53:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I'm 64 years old, have had acrylic nails for at least 25 years, and don't do flashy manicures and colors very often. It's either a deep red or a nude. But nudes are so hard!!! I've spent years looking for the right one. I have over 40 in my drawer now, and none have made me want to happy dance. Too light, too dirty, too pink, too yellow, too... well... ugly. Until last night, when I put Deborah Lippmann's "Naked" on. FINALLY! The perfect shade for my skin! I thought that was an impossible task, but I just didn't look far enough. It's December right now so my skin is paler than summertime, and maybe I'll want to use a different shade come summer. But for winter, this is it for me! One coat is thin, two seems to be a good opaque. A bit thicker than some polishes, but I liked the brush and thought it was fairly easy to apply, and easy to fix little boo boos. I put two coats between a base and top coat and will see how it wears for a few days. If you've spent years and years struggling to find that perfect nude, and don't seem to really know if your skin tone is blue-ish or yellow-ish, give this one a try. I think you'll be impressed!

on 2/4/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is nude cream polish. I find it is very easy to work with. 2 thin coats will result is good opacity. It does lean a tad yellow against my cool skin tone. I find that this color will fake the illusion that one's nails are longer if applied on shorter nails.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Best nude so far. And I have tried many, normally they are too sheer, too pink or dirty. I have worn only this shade since I bought it last September at Sephora NYC. I'm fair with yellow/neutral tones. Love it!

on 5/15/2014 6:31:00 PM

I have tens of Lippmann polishes -- a whole drawer full. A true Lippmann junkie, for many years now, when she was just getting started.

I can honestly say this is one of my least favorite of her nude colors, so I am giving it 3.5 lippies.

Now, compared to other polishes and lines, of course it's great.

What I don't like is the semi-sheer aspect, which lends itself to streaking (nothing like an OPI cream, though), and isn't too forgiving if you are working hard and your nails get dirty.

I'd go with Modern Love's nude mauve color, which I love much more than this. Or even a putty taupe like "Waking Up In Vegas."

The best YNBB nude Lippmann ever made she discontinued -- that was her 5 lippie nude, "You Can Leave Your Hat On." A true nude with the smallest gold microglitter I've ever seen that gave the illusion of barely there while providing complete opacity to hide any unsightly stuff that might collect under the nails during the day.

So while "Naked" is a good color compared to most of what's out there, it's not Lippmann at her best in my opinion -- color me a spoiled Diva, I guess.

on 2/10/2014 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have very fair cool toned skin and this polish looks great. I think thin coats are the way to go. I got excellent wear with NYC top coat, and chips were relatively unnoticeable when I started getting them around day four. I am so happy with this purchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HG!! I like that this is a beige nude and I feel like they are so hard to find. I also like that it seems to work whenever my hands are pale or tan. I hope Deborah Lippmann releases more nude shades in the future. I will repurchase.

on 8/28/2013 6:46:00 AM

Oh my oh. I'm so sorry Ladies, but I honestly hate this. I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my bottle, because it is so dry, goopy. I love the high shine finish and the shade, -perfect, classy nude- , but the formula is simply hateful. I can't deal with it. If it would last for days... I'd say ok. But chipping after 2 days? Come on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Naked is a very pretty nude nail color. It really is very true to the actual color of my natural nails. It's the perfect shade for that fresh, clean nail look that I love to wear in between my more vibrant, sparkly manicures. The formula is sheer and applies very easily. My preference is to apply 3 very thin coats between a base and top coat. The quality of the wear is remarkable. With the top coat, I could go several days without noticeable wear. I'm loving this polish, so far, as it is a recent purchase. I can see it being a staple in my stash for years to come. Highly recommend.

on 7/22/2012 8:06:00 AM

With one coat, a barely-there shade; with two, a nude with added depth. Either way, a high shine yet subtle finish is guaranteed. Long lasting. Optimal 'jelly-like' formula.

on 8/27/2011 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Perfect nude. Not too peach or pink, with a nice sheen. It's a little thick which is problem I find with all Lippman polishes -except the glitter ones. My only problem with this product is the price. How can you charge $18 for nail polish? Luckily my regular nail salon carries Lippman! Love it and would buy if the salon did not have it.

Popular Polishes