Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss (all)

Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss (all)
High Shimmer Lip Gloss (all)

4.1

Bought Pastel and Citrus at Sephora. Beautiful in the tube and like the minty smell. However, extremely disappointed with the dryness and over just the product. I have tried about every gloss out there and must say these rank in the bottom. Not mush shine or glitter they rather look a bit more frosty and there is not much color payoff. There are also super drying. If Iam going to spend 28.00 on a gloss would go Chanel anyway. These are horrible!!! Would return then to Sephira but dislike them just as much. Will take it as a learning lesson... no Bobbie Brown or Sephora!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the colour in the photo and Iove it and the minty taste and smell!

on 9/20/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in Bare Sparkle, a nice champagne shimmer, and it was a birthday gift, so exchanging it would be awkward. However, my favorite Bobbi Brown gloss color is Rose Sugar, a pretty raspberry shimmer shade that looks good on everyone.

PROS:

Bare Sparkle looks nice over almost any lipstick, making the color half a shade lighter and adding shimmer.

They apply as most tube glosses with a doe's foot applicator.

These glosses aren't as sticky as MAC Lipglass.

CONS:

The peppermint oil in this might be irritating to some people with sensitive skin. If not, you might like the minty scent.

These glosses are $25, so not the most economical choice.

This was a gift. I probably won't repurchase, partly for the money and partly because I'm trying to move away from the Estee Lauder brands for political reasons, despite the fact that Bobbi Brown and MAC were my go-to lines for years. I know these lines very well and have bought lots of products from them. I'm torn because I love the Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Sticks so much. However, this gloss is easily left behind as it's not particularly unique.

on 9/25/2014 10:44:00 AM

I don't do glitter in makeup, so I wouldn't normally have bought one of these glosses. However, in my little "everyday pretty" palette there was a dinky mini gloss in Bare Sparkle, and I liked it so much I've just purchased a full size. I must say, Bare Sparkle is probably one of the least glittery shades in this collection - it's actually quite understated. I wear it on top of lipstick (goes very well with BB Pink Beige and Mauve), rarely on its own. What I like is how comfortable it feels, almost like balm. I didn't notice the minty taste and smell until now - that's not a pro in my book since peppermint is a potential irritant - but luckily I haven't had any reaction to it. Bottom line: I would buy this shade again, but not any of the other high-shimmer glosses. UPDATE: the full-size gloss seems to be more glittery than the mini! I still like it, but I found some stray glitters on my face at the end of the day yesterday - that is NOT what I want, glitter migrating across my face... So i took a lippy off for that. Verdict: definitely a "yes" to the base formula, "no thanks" to the high shimmer variant.

on 7/15/2013 9:09:00 PM

I already bought two, and still planning to get the 3rd one. I am usually not a gloss person, because I hate the smudges. However, bobbi brown high shimmer is the best lip gloss I had used so far, but considering that I haven't tried many.

It has a mint-flavored base, some what gives a toothpaste smell, but in a refreshing sense and good way, it is not that sticky, less prone to get hair stciked to lips.

The result is fabulous. The shimmer is really "high" like it said, the color all lays within the shimmer, but for some one with really dark lip colors like me, I am thrilled with what I get using it. It would cover my lip color and give a refined look.

I so far had 13 pink sequin, which is a rosy pink tone, not very apparent color but good to go for daily work. I also got the 6 hot, the electric pink color, this one is still good for daywear, but would be best to layer over lipcolor for night, for that shiny juicy lips.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

When they say high shimmer do they do mean high shimmer, so if you're trying to avoid glitter you might wanna skip these. These aren't in any way frosty like some glitter lipglosses are, so that's definitely something to bear in mind.

These lipglosses are pretty darn great imo, but they can be a little over the top in the shimmer department depending on which colour you get, however the glitter particles are in no way gritty. They're slightly sticky in the way lip glosses need to be but not at all uncomfortable, in fact they're quite moisturising and have a lovely subtle minty scent and tingle to them. These wear about 3 hours on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in Canary (sparkly gold!) for Christmas / New Year. I normally don't buy lip glosses, especially at BB prices, but I had a voucher and it was the holidays, so why not right?

I was surprised to find that I was IN LOVE with this! and this wasn't highlighted to me by the sales person or the website, but it's got a peppermint zing to it! very apt for the holidays, no?

it was refreshing, stayed put without being sticky or thick, looks subtle if you just wear if over nude lips but looks amazing with any lipstick shade underneath. all in all, really loved it.

the only downside is when you drink, you can see the glittery mess it leaves behind. but other than that, i really love it and wish BB would come up with a holographic colour or something.

on 11/20/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just got this in Naked Plum, which is the perfect nudish plum I have ever seen. I actually had to go to 3 BB counters to find one that had this color in stock. It is apparently flying off the shelves.
    I wear it over Smashbox's Light lip liner pencil (all over the lips) and it is stunning. The high shimmer is extremely flattering, as is the color, which I imagine would look good on anyone. Makes my lips look big and juicy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like these just picked up two, the colors are beautiful and they feel very nice on the lips not sticky or tacky. I'm tired of MAC Dazzleglass, as you barely get any product and they disappear before your eyes with just a few applications, also the tacky sticky factor is irritating. BB High Shimmer lip gloss is a better value and I like the formula better.

on 11/7/2012 9:50:00 AM

I'm surprised about the comments here. These are, I think, the best shimmery lip glosses I've used to date. I usually use MAC lipglasses and dazzleglasses, and hadn't realised just how tacky and thick the texture these are. These are thin, have an incredibly smooth texture, glitter beautifully but you never find stray sparkles on the rest of your face. It's quite incredible how smooth the textures are really, when you compare them to other glittery lip glosses on the market which tend to have a grittier texture.

At the moment, I own Firefly (sheer shimmer), Bronzed Heather (Pink brown) and Black Ruby (I cannot stress how beautiful this one is; wine red with gold sparkle). While the first two shades are easily duped, that the feel so comfortable on the lip is, I think, worth paying a little more for.