Tocca Colette

Tocca Colette

4.2

on 11/5/2017 5:06:00 PM

This is definitely a softer version of Burberry Brit, without the lime. I would not repurchase as I prefer Burberry, but I am enjoying the sample to use during the day when I don't want a stronger scent.

on 10/30/2017 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I sampled all of the Tocca perfumes before deciding to purchase the full size of Colette.

I won't describe the scent in great detail. It's a very "quiet" fragrance. This scent will not fill the restaurant and assault the person sitting at the next table. Instead, Colette sits very softly on your skin. It's subtle but clearly there, something pleasant and inviting. I love that this fragrance does not have that "hairspray" like sharpness to it. This reminds me of somewhere between violet and jasmine, warm vanilla, and something spicy. This is not a blatantly feminine scent and I really do think any gender could wear this.

This perfume is very subtle and as such, it needs to be reapplied frequently. I carry a travel size with me to class and reapply at lunch time (outside). I am very sensitive to perfumes and even have a sinus infection at the time of writing this, but Colette genuinely does not bother me. No headache, no sneezing, no sniffling or runny nose. Just very pleasant all around.

The packaging is just gorgeous. The brass(?) cap features a lovely little etching. The cap is not as heavy as I thought it would be. The glass jar itself is also lighter than I thought it would be. It's still a fairly heavy perfume bottle and feels very luxurious. The perfume itself is clear and the label is a wisteria color.

I very much like this perfume and will definitely keep it on my vanity for daily use. I would limit this to daytime and maybe dates in the early evening. I wouldn't wear Colette to late nights, barhopping, rock-and-roll, etc.

on 3/18/2017 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a full size of this and I think I would replace it though I so wish the scent projected a little more and lasted a lot longer. This smells to me like lemon and vanilla and something warm and hot clean clothing like. That doesn't sound exciting and usually I am not crazy about vanilla but in this perfume it is more of a warm not sweet vanilla like that in the original burberry (though not as in-your-face) that makes me want to keep sniffing it. I find the scent comforting and sexy at the same time. It is the scent equivalent to me of a warm sweater. Probably my favorite Tocca perfume but am going through it quickly because it just doesn't last.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This may be my signature, HG fragrance, even though it's not the type of scent I would normally go for. It reminds me of Burberry Brit, but less sharp and a little less spicy; I guess you could say it's softer and more wearable. I don't get any of the fruity or lemony notes other reviewers have talked about, nor any freshness or juiciness. To me/on me, it smells warm, spicy, and a bit sweet-powdery. The scent dies down pretty quickly, but I can still smell the base notes on my skin hours later. I like that I don't feel like an obnoxious walking air freshener when I put this on!

on 3/2/2015 10:53:00 AM

I have the mini-size of this product, .5 fl. oz, and I could not be more disappointed. I cannot smell this perfume! I applied it twice to my neck and wrists within two hours and I had to bury my nose in my wrist to detect any kind of scent. I do not know if using an atomizer would make it longer lasting, but I do not like to waste my money on perfume that you cannot even smell. The scent I do detect is rather pleasant but Lord knows after a minute it is undetectable again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smells almost identical to Byredo's Gypsy Water but with a stronger citrus opening. The best way I can describe Colette from application to dry down would be herbal, lemony freshness (natural lemon, no lemon pledge here whatsoever), then a creamy, warm but not gourmand vanilla with a touch of musk and maybe a whisp here and there of smokiness which on me deepens the longer I wear it, or the warmer my skin becomes. It's a very well blended and delicate 'your skin but better' fragrance. Silage is soft and close to the skin, which normally is something I dislike in a fragrance because it makes me feel cheated, but not at all with Colette. There's a mysterious charm to its olfactory whisper and difficult to place composition. Most people will have no clue what you're wearing until they ask.

on 8/21/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this and margaux are holy grails for me. i love margaux just a spot more but these are both staples.
colette starts off so juicy and fresh. not clean fresh. think fresh chopped apples and pears. then on me, it immediatley dries down to a vanilla powder. if i had to choose a food, the dry down reminds me of powdered sugar on a lemon cupcake. but nothing about this is cloying or food smelling. nothing gourmand. just so very feminine and unoffensive. so far ive found all of toccas fragrances to be skin scents and something someone can smell when they are close. which is just how i like it!
this is my new favorite spring summer scent and margaux ill save for when i want something more spicy :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a nice soft but complex fragrance. Smells great even as it fades over the course of the day. I love the Tocca line as their fragrances do not smell like the typical mainstream scents that are out and since their distribution isnt at every major department store I feel like Im wearing an exclusive fragrance. I love being unique and Tocca's line is just that....unique.

on 6/28/2014 4:44:00 AM

Colette is a soft, inoffensive, yet complex and interesting scent that is great for school or work. On me, I smell a creamy lemon that becomes more creamy vanilla with a hint of musk throughout the day. I also love the way this smells on all of my sweaters and clothes. Colette has average sillage but that's something I actually like since I mainly wear this at work and family gatherings. I smell it for about 3-4 hours and continue to get whiffs here and there for another 3 hours. After that, the scent stays close to the skin but doesn't completely disappear. I do have a sensitive nose so YMMV. Sephora lists the notes as follows: Bergamot, juniper berry, and pink peppercorn followed by violet, jasmine, and pine needles, then musk, incense, vanilla, and amber.

My fragrance collection tends towards kinky unisex perfumes and I avoid powdery fragrances, but somehow 'Colette' by Tocca is the exception displayed on my vanity. I can't quite explain it-- this fragrance is so soothing. I am most likely to spray it on when I'm alone at night, reading in bed. It isn't sexy, but it's comfortable.

5 lipsticks, because it is the one perfume that breaks the dark and sexy mold in my assemblage. The reason I'm unlikely to replace it when I run out is because I am in love with novelty.
---
UPDATE: This perfume has started to smell a bit cloying to me over time. I still adore it, but now I smell "lemony powdered sugar" from spray through the dry down.

Still worth a look, but not a 5 lipstick fragrance.

Popular Fragrances