Tocca Colette

Tocca Colette

4.2

on 3/18/2017 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a full size of this and I think I would replace it though I so wish the scent projected a little more and lasted a lot longer. This smells to me like lemon and vanilla and something warm and hot clean clothing like. That doesn't sound exciting and usually I am not crazy about vanilla but in this perfume it is more of a warm not sweet vanilla like that in the original burberry (though not as in-your-face) that makes me want to keep sniffing it. I find the scent comforting and sexy at the same time. It is the scent equivalent to me of a warm sweater. Probably my favorite Tocca perfume but am going through it quickly because it just doesn't last.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This may be my signature, HG fragrance, even though it's not the type of scent I would normally go for. It reminds me of Burberry Brit, but less sharp and a little less spicy; I guess you could say it's softer and more wearable. I don't get any of the fruity or lemony notes other reviewers have talked about, nor any freshness or juiciness. To me/on me, it smells warm, spicy, and a bit sweet-powdery. The scent dies down pretty quickly, but I can still smell the base notes on my skin hours later. I like that I don't feel like an obnoxious walking air freshener when I put this on!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smells almost identical to Byredo's Gypsy Water but with a stronger citrus opening. The best way I can describe Colette from application to dry down would be herbal, lemony freshness (natural lemon, no lemon pledge here whatsoever), then a creamy, warm but not gourmand vanilla with a touch of musk and maybe a whisp here and there of smokiness which on me deepens the longer I wear it, or the warmer my skin becomes. It's a very well blended and delicate 'your skin but better' fragrance. Silage is soft and close to the skin, which normally is something I dislike in a fragrance because it makes me feel cheated, but not at all with Colette. There's a mysterious charm to its olfactory whisper and difficult to place composition. Most people will have no clue what you're wearing until they ask.

on 3/2/2015 10:53:00 AM

I have the mini-size of this product, .5 fl. oz, and I could not be more disappointed. I cannot smell this perfume! I applied it twice to my neck and wrists within two hours and I had to bury my nose in my wrist to detect any kind of scent. I do not know if using an atomizer would make it longer lasting, but I do not like to waste my money on perfume that you cannot even smell. The scent I do detect is rather pleasant but Lord knows after a minute it is undetectable again!

My fragrance collection tends towards kinky unisex perfumes and I avoid powdery fragrances, but somehow 'Colette' by Tocca is the exception displayed on my vanity. I can't quite explain it-- this fragrance is so soothing. I am most likely to spray it on when I'm alone at night, reading in bed. It isn't sexy, but it's comfortable.

5 lipsticks, because it is the one perfume that breaks the dark and sexy mold in my assemblage. The reason I'm unlikely to replace it when I run out is because I am in love with novelty.
---
UPDATE: This perfume has started to smell a bit cloying to me over time. I still adore it, but now I smell "lemony powdered sugar" from spray through the dry down.

Still worth a look, but not a 5 lipstick fragrance.

on 8/21/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this and margaux are holy grails for me. i love margaux just a spot more but these are both staples.
colette starts off so juicy and fresh. not clean fresh. think fresh chopped apples and pears. then on me, it immediatley dries down to a vanilla powder. if i had to choose a food, the dry down reminds me of powdered sugar on a lemon cupcake. but nothing about this is cloying or food smelling. nothing gourmand. just so very feminine and unoffensive. so far ive found all of toccas fragrances to be skin scents and something someone can smell when they are close. which is just how i like it!
this is my new favorite spring summer scent and margaux ill save for when i want something more spicy :)

on 6/28/2014 4:44:00 AM

Colette is a soft, inoffensive, yet complex and interesting scent that is great for school or work. On me, I smell a creamy lemon that becomes more creamy vanilla with a hint of musk throughout the day. I also love the way this smells on all of my sweaters and clothes. Colette has average sillage but that's something I actually like since I mainly wear this at work and family gatherings. I smell it for about 3-4 hours and continue to get whiffs here and there for another 3 hours. After that, the scent stays close to the skin but doesn't completely disappear. I do have a sensitive nose so YMMV. Sephora lists the notes as follows: Bergamot, juniper berry, and pink peppercorn followed by violet, jasmine, and pine needles, then musk, incense, vanilla, and amber.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a nice soft but complex fragrance. Smells great even as it fades over the course of the day. I love the Tocca line as their fragrances do not smell like the typical mainstream scents that are out and since their distribution isnt at every major department store I feel like Im wearing an exclusive fragrance. I love being unique and Tocca's line is just that....unique.

I am addicted to Colette! It's soft and subtle after it dries down; but when I first put it on... Wow! Bergamot first; but not in the cleaning supply/ furniture polish way. Then you get hints of the juniper and pink peppercorn peeking through. The mid notes and base are very subtle on me and stay very close to the skin; which is great because while I can burry my nose in the scent if I choose I'm not projecting to those in the vicinity. It's a warm cozy musk with hints of the previous notes. It just smells gentle; like softly glowing, lightly powdered skin in the end. Great buy. Only reason it gets a 4 is because I wish the top notes stuck around a bit longer. I have the full size spray and the solid.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to like this scent, and I purchased the roller ball from Sephora online without sampling it first---Unfortunately it just doesn't seem to work with my body chemistry :(
My skin seems to turn everything super musky/ older woman-y and this fragrance was no exception. When I first smelled Colette from the bottle, I instantly picked up the juniper berries and sandalwood and was excited that it smelled so "bright" and unique. But as soon as I applied it to my wrists it turned into a strange sweet powdery musk. I'm not 100% sure I dislike it on me, but I know this probably smells sooo much better on others lol.
The packaging is beautiful and the product is of a great quality. I definitely recommend trying it to see if it works on you.

Popular Fragrances