Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic

No Image

Key Ingredients: Ferulic, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Sodium hyaluronate

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

3/6/17: So I just started using this product within the last week so I will need to continually update my review. So far I haven't been impressed so I'm hoping continual use of this product will lead to real results. I got this as a substitute for SkinCeuticals because I heard it was a great dupe and had an appropriate pH for a vitamin C serum - pH is everything and most on the market don't even have an optimal pH for the product to do anything. This serum comes in a dropper bottle, and on the box it said to refrigerate it. I don't understand why these light and air sensitive serums are being stored in dropper bottles. What I did is transferred some of it to a pump bottle from an old used up serum and hope this will help with the breakdown of the product. Regardless, the serum arrived nice and clear so I know it's fresh and not oxidized yet. I wash my face and wait about 10 minutes until it's dry. Then I apply about five drops of the serun on my face, neck, and chest. It does have an odd "savory" scent like potato chips. It has an incredibly sticky feeling and once it's dry about 15 minutes later it definitely isn't "cosmetically elegant." It makes my face feel tight, filmy and dry even under my moisturizer with SPF. Since using this just a few times in the last week, my skin also looks dry with more fine lines and blotchy.

3/22/17 UPDATE: My skin is no longer looking blotchy or dry. I am starting to see a slight improvement in skin texture (more plump and smooth looking) and some subtle fading of my darker spots. I've decided I hate the way the product feels on my skin - sticky and itchy when first applied. I just try not to think about it because I know it's good for my skin. I haven't had any issues with wearing sunblock over the top. Finally I am not sure but I may be seeing more blackheads forming on my nose. I was worried about this happening as I read that vitamin C serum's can cause blackheads, so I don't know if maybe I'm just noticing my blackheads more.

April 19, 2017 update: so I'm about three fourths of the way through the bottle. I can definitely say that some of my freckles and dark spots have faded dramatically. There was a patch on my left jaw line that was starting to bother me, and now I barely see it. My skin looks brighter and more even toned.

on 6/13/2011 9:35:00 PM

Because of the price of skinceuticals serums I was looking for an alternative. I buy this off of Amazon. I have tried their brands CE ferulic, AOX 20 antioxidant and their Phloretin. Their CE Ferulic is by far the best. the other two are fine, didn't make my skin worse, but for me I notice a big difference and "glow" with this product. Put it this way when I use this product people compliment my skin. I store it in the fridge to prevent oxidation (it comes clear-a sign of a fresh batch) although towards the end sometimes crystals appear so I just shake it up. Their costumer service is helpful too. I have ordered this about 3 times and a bottle seems to last me a couple of months. I also order phloretin powder to stick in it. I try other vitamin c serums and always come back to this.

Popular Face Skincare Products