Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic

No Image

Key Ingredients: Ferulic, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Sodium hyaluronate

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I originally purchased the sample set of the CSS line up and have since repurchased the CE Ferulic, the Resurfacing, and the Vitamin C 20% serums. I have been using CSS for a little over a month. I have never used the Skinceuticles brand, so I cannot speak to how or if they are similar.

My skin-combination with a tendency towards hormonal breakouts and some blocked pores on my cheeks and chin. Lazy at exfoliating itself and happier if I use chemical exfoliants vs. manual. I have some light hyperpigmentation around my nose and chin, and a few spots from old acne on my cheeks. In winter I have patchy dry spots and in summer I have a super oily T zone. No real fine lines to speak of, though my skin texture around my eyes and just below is odd. I have had problems in the past with products containing lactic, salicylic, and glycolic acid. They work great for a week or so and then my skin seems to get irritated. I've had better luck with treatments/masks containing those acids, but not with stuff that stays on my skin for a prolonged period of time.

The serum arrives in a dark amber bottle with a dropper style top. I ordered one oz. though I believe one can order larger sizes. It looks very mad scientist and it's kinda cool having them lined up in my medicine cabinet.

The consistency of the product is thin, watery, and it smells a bit strange. The scent disappears shortly after application. The product itself is clear. It takes me around 5 drops to cover my face, I dispense it onto my middle finger, spread it over the rest of my fingers and apply to my face and neck. I haven't noticed any stickyness, the product is absorbed by my skin very rapidly. I love that I can't feel it on my face.

I have not noticed any stinging on application, which is odd for me as my skin is typically sensitive. I have not had any reactions at all to any CSS products except for some very light purging (1 or 2 very teeny quickly resolved spots) the first week in.

The value for the money, I think, is quite good. It takes a tiny amount of product to cover my face and, at this rate, one bottle will last me months.

The results-

Wow. My skin has been extremely clear, my hyperpigmentation is resolving, overall tone is evening out, and my skin has started glowing. The texture around my eyes and cheeks has improved greatly, and I haven't had any irritation at all. I will continue to purchase this, I'm thrilled.

My regime (in case your skin is a lot like mine)-

A.M. rinse my face with water. Apply CSS Vit. C 20% and CSS Eye Firming Gel. Wait a few minutes and then apply Loreal Sublime Sun Spf 50. Apply makeup.

P.M. Wash face with whichever cleanser I have on hand. If I'm wearing a lot of makeup I will double cleanse, once with an oil based cleanser to dissolve the makeup and then with something else. Apply CSS Resurfacing, follow with CSS CE Ferulic, and then 'Better Complexions Millia Cream' under my eyes. I wait about 10 minutes and then (depending on the season) I apply Nivea Creme and, if my skin is very dry, follow with a light layer of raw Shea Butter to seal it in. In the summer months I switch from Nivea Creme to Aveda 'All Sensitive' as my skin is oilier in that season.

Weekly Treatments- 2X weekly I do a second cleanse with my Clarisonic Mia (sensitive brush head) and I also use Dermologica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant 2X weekly. If my skin is at all irritated after either of those treatments I follow with rosewater to bring down the irritation.

Having written it all down it seems like a lot of steps and products. However, my skin looks gorgeous and healthy, I don't really need to wear makeup now, so it's worth it to me to keep it up.

on 11/10/2011 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is simply an awesome product. I've used the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic many times, ordered from different sources... and it's always oxidized! Whether it's light yellow or deep yellow in color or whether it smells slightly of hotdogs or strongly, I have never found a fresh Skinceuticals CE Ferulic from any where... and that's after spending close to $140! I love the CSS version. First, it's the same exact formulation. Second, nothing I've received from them ever looked or smelled like it's oxidized. Third, the shipping is free, making it even more cost effective... and they ship super fast! Wonderful product. (As an aside, I've also used the CSS AOX 20, also seems to be an exact dupe of the Skinceuticals version).

Popular Face Skincare Products