Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic

3.8

Key Ingredients: Ferulic, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Sodium hyaluronate

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

3/6/17: So I just started using this product within the last week so I will need to continually update my review. So far I haven't been impressed so I'm hoping continual use of this product will lead to real results. I got this as a substitute for SkinCeuticals because I heard it was a great dupe and had an appropriate pH for a vitamin C serum - pH is everything and most on the market don't even have an optimal pH for the product to do anything. This serum comes in a dropper bottle, and on the box it said to refrigerate it. I don't understand why these light and air sensitive serums are being stored in dropper bottles. What I did is transferred some of it to a pump bottle from an old used up serum and hope this will help with the breakdown of the product. Regardless, the serum arrived nice and clear so I know it's fresh and not oxidized yet. I wash my face and wait about 10 minutes until it's dry. Then I apply about five drops of the serun on my face, neck, and chest. It does have an odd "savory" scent like potato chips. It has an incredibly sticky feeling and once it's dry about 15 minutes later it definitely isn't "cosmetically elegant." It makes my face feel tight, filmy and dry even under my moisturizer with SPF. Since using this just a few times in the last week, my skin also looks dry with more fine lines and blotchy.

3/22/17 UPDATE: My skin is no longer looking blotchy or dry. I am starting to see a slight improvement in skin texture (more plump and smooth looking) and some subtle fading of my darker spots. I've decided I hate the way the product feels on my skin - sticky and itchy when first applied. I just try not to think about it because I know it's good for my skin. I haven't had any issues with wearing sunblock over the top. Finally I am not sure but I may be seeing more blackheads forming on my nose. I was worried about this happening as I read that vitamin C serum's can cause blackheads, so I don't know if maybe I'm just noticing my blackheads more.

April 19, 2017 update: so I'm about three fourths of the way through the bottle. I can definitely say that some of my freckles and dark spots have faded dramatically. There was a patch on my left jaw line that was starting to bother me, and now I barely see it. My skin looks brighter and more even toned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Background:
I have used this ce ferulic every morning for more than half a year and am already on my third bottle, so I think I can write a thorough review on this. The other stuff I use is tretinoin 0.1% cream every night which keeps my skin very clear.

Pros:
- gives you a glow
- very moisturizing
- definitely fades some superficial hyperpigmentation e.g. acne marks after 6 months
- contains no drying alcohol which is in cf phloretin

Cons:
- makes you look oily and shiny for a whole day even after I wash my face with facial cleanser at night. I limit my usage from 4 drops in the winter to 2 drops now in the summer, but my face is still very shiny and sweaty looking, which is embarrassing for me
- causes blackheads and pimples in places where I never get them
- does not help with fine lines

Storage:
I keep my bottle in an air tight metal container in a fridge, which keeps it fresh and clear looking for around 3 months. Sadly, if I can only use 2 drops every morning because of the oiliness, I will probably have a half or a third of bottle left turning yellow and wasted.

on 4/6/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin (Asian): combo (drier in winter months and as I get older, less and less oily in t-zone). Sun damage on cheeks and prone to redness/discoloration around t-zone area (primarily due to mis-doing a peel at home); a few fine lines beginning to form around inner corner of eyes. Can no longer get away with sleeping in makeup and when i don't take care of my skin, it can look crepey...

Packaging: dark brown, glass bottle w/ dropper

Texture: thin, runny, barely yellow, clear liquid that smells like hot dogs (identical in texture, color and smell to Skinceuticals')

Usage: applied once in AM (about 4-6 drops) > let absorb for a minute or less > apply sunscreen (Allie Extra UV Long Keep Gel SPF 50 PA++++). My first bottle, I applied both morning and night; currently with this second bottle, I've just been applying in the morning but i may up to twice a day again for better results.

Effect: I had first tried CSS' C+E Ferulic serum which brightened up my skin and gave the skin texture a more youthful, firm look. I then ordered CSS' Vit C 20% AOX which allowed me to maintain the brightness, improved skin texture and tone; however, the serum didn't improve my skin any further. I finished the bottle and am now back to using the C+E Ferulic which seems to work better for me.

Price: waaaaaay cheaper than Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (which I tried years ago) and definitely just as effective so worth at least a try imho.

Bottom Line: effective, affordable, and I've already repurchased...

on 8/6/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skin looks great. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't have a lot of "slip" and I feel like I have to use more than the suggested 5 or 6 drops to cover everything. I'm now using ASDM Vitamin C serum and that seems to go on a bit silkier.

Popular Face Skincare Products