Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic

No Image

1 review

Key Ingredients: Ferulic, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Sodium hyaluronate

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used Paula's Choice C15 Booster since 2013 and did pretty well with it. I wouldn't have strayed except the price kept creeping up (and discounts less and less). With our falling Canadian dollars, $48 USD for 20ml is looking very expensive indeed.

(I was given Skinceuticals CE Ferulic sample which I was quite okay with also, except for the $166 CAD price tag for a full size. No thanks.)

Finally I gave in and bought CSS' version for about $40 USD for 30ml. It arrived in just over a week, carefully packaged and serum totally clear. I put some in an empty PC sample vial and keep the big bottle (in box) in the back of the fridge. I've refilled the sample vial a few times now - the serum remains clear and there's still a lot left.

So how does this knock-off version compare to Skinceuticals and PC?

Smell: much lighter than Skinceuticals, which does have a hot dog-like scent. The smell doesn't linger I find. I never found PC version has much of a smell to begin with.

Feel: definitely more tacky than PC, but a touch less than Skinceuticals. After 15 minutes of so the tackiness goes away (don't over-apply).

Effect: this may be all in my head but I think CSS version is the most efficacious for my skin - it feels firmer, smoother and appears the most even-toned while using this.

My verdict? I will buy this again. $40 USD/$55 CAD is still not cheap but at least this is 10ml more than PC for less of a hit on my wallet.

Popular Face Skincare Products