Cosmetic Skin Solutions C E Ferulic

4.3

Key Ingredients: Ferulic, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Sodium hyaluronate

on 4/6/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin (Asian): combo (drier in winter months and as I get older, less and less oily in t-zone). Sun damage on cheeks and prone to redness/discoloration around t-zone area (primarily due to mis-doing a peel at home); a few fine lines beginning to form around inner corner of eyes. Can no longer get away with sleeping in makeup and when i don't take care of my skin, it can look crepey...

Packaging: dark brown, glass bottle w/ dropper

Texture: thin, runny, barely yellow, clear liquid that smells like hot dogs (identical in texture, color and smell to Skinceuticals')

Usage: applied once in AM (about 4-6 drops) > let absorb for a minute or less > apply sunscreen (Allie Extra UV Long Keep Gel SPF 50 PA++++). My first bottle, I applied both morning and night; currently with this second bottle, I've just been applying in the morning but i may up to twice a day again for better results.

Effect: I had first tried CSS' C+E Ferulic serum which brightened up my skin and gave the skin texture a more youthful, firm look. I then ordered CSS' Vit C 20% AOX which allowed me to maintain the brightness, improved skin texture and tone; however, the serum didn't improve my skin any further. I finished the bottle and am now back to using the C+E Ferulic which seems to work better for me.

Price: waaaaaay cheaper than Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (which I tried years ago) and definitely just as effective so worth at least a try imho.

Bottom Line: effective, affordable, and I've already repurchased...

on 9/21/2012 12:52:00 PM

I decided to try CE Ferulic serum after an extensive research and reviews by various bloggers. CE Ferulic is said to protect from photo aging and possibly address age and brown spots, and hyperpigmentation. It is a light yellow watery serum that sinks into a face fast. It has not got any offensive lingering smells. It made my face slightly shiny and sticky. My face looked all right. I did not have any bumps or breakouts and did not notice any significant lightening. However, this product gave my skin an yellowish-orange tint. This is the reason I give a lower rating. I wonder whether or not anyone else has something similar.

on 8/1/2012 7:01:00 PM

I've used this product for a few years after discovering it on Amazon.com.It's one of those (rare) products that really make a difference to my skin. It's definitely clearer and brighter. I have a few products that I'm loyal to and this is one of them. I was originally introduced to Skinceuticals at a medical cosmetic salon however the price meant I couldn't continue using that brand even though I thought it very effective. Cosmetic skin solutions is, in my opinion, exactly the same. Even with shipping to Australia it's very good value ($40 approx inc shipping). My only complaint, and this applies to the skinceutical products as well, is that the dropper packaging is not the best way to keep the antioxidants fresh and effective. Ideally the packaging should be airtight.

on 5/22/2011 8:52:00 AM

I've used Skinceuticals C E Ferulic many, many times and they have ALL suffered some degree of oxidation (even after being assured by a Harrod's SA that the batch was fresh in). This serum should be as clear as water- any colour change is oxidation and dangerous to apply to the skin. So, after paying 124 for 30 ml I have always ended up throwing them out. Enter the CSS version. Not only is it so much cheaper (I paid around 45 pounds for 30 ml and delivery from America), but it was, as it should be, CLEAR AS WATER. This will be the only antioxidant serum I will use indefinitely. I use a sunscreen containing Mexoryl SX/XL everyday too. A rare HG for me.

Update: I just received my second bottle of this- clear as water again- yay! :)