Rimmel Glam'Eyes - Spicy Bronze

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/4/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had this shadow for years and haven't realized it's beauty until recently. I'm not even sure if this is still available to buy anymore, but this is one of my favorite bronze shadows! I love to put this on top of maybelline color tattoo Bad to the Bronze. For some reason, those two paired together make my blue eyes pop like no other!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Picked this up on clearance today at Target. Lovely bronze that's actually fairly neutral! Not orange-, copper- or melon-toned; not too spicy at all! This will be perfect by itself or with navy liner on my brown eyes. Very pretty.

on 11/2/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a warm bronze color, it's very beautiful. Sometimes I use it on my lid sometimes I use it on my crease. The shadow has great pigmentation, lasts basically all day and is very soft. For the price this is really great quality.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Rec'd this brand new in a swap as an extra and gave it a try, I did a subtle smokey eye with a hint of urban decay eyeshadow in mildew (light green matte shade) I was absolutely floored! The color pay off and pigmentation is absolutely amazing. I feel as if I am using a very high end product but it is a modest drug store product! This gives me a nice golden/bronze look. I gave rimmel eyeshadow quads a try (old formula) and it was horrible, but with this product I am def. considering repurchasing it in other shades. AMAZING!!!

on 8/17/2011 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At first I bought this in Spicy bronze, it's looks got the best of me. No doubt it had great/wonderful pigmentation, texture, fab color pay off but I have two pretty similar dupes! One that looks similar but not quite the same is the 3rd shade in Wet N Wilds "Im Getting Sunburned" trio. This shade is (when tested side by side) more golden bronzed than the Spicy Bronze. Spicy Bronze has a hint of bronze with more based of brown. Now the 2nd dupe is the exact same thing, it is the 3rd shade in the Wet N Wilds 738 "Comfort Zone", they look exactly the same, in fact you cannot tell the difference unless you look really closely, Spicy bronze is a hint brighter than this one.
As you can see i'm a sucker for these brown bronzy shades. So having 1 similar dupe and 1 exact dupe I took it back and got the one I also had wanted Posh Peacock.

I've only applied this to my arm and it's just as good quality as the Spicy Bronze, however I haven't tried this on my eyelids and will update when I do so. This is by the way, a TO-DIE-FOR beautiful blue shade... I'm not a fan of shades of blues, so this is saying a lot about how wonderful the color is.

on 7/24/2011 5:42:00 AM

I've finally found a bronze that I adore! I love bronze coloured shadows, but it is hard to find one that is pretty but natural looking.
I didn't have high hopes, as I've tried rimmel shadows before and they've never been pigmented enough. I was so surprised when I swatched this, it is highly pigmented. On me it lasts at least 7 hours, before starting to fade and that's without a primer.
The packaging is cute and sturdy, but can be difficult to open. I sometimes need to use my tweezers to open it.
The best thing is the price, they're sooo cheap for what u get - and u get a lot of product! I picked mine up off ebay (so got it even cheaper than store price) at 1.50 (approx $2.40).
I will definately repurchase if I ever manage to use the one I've got up!

on 6/27/2011 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Rimmel used to have some of the worst shadows on the market-no pigment, and dull boring colors, unless you were going for a super natural no makeup kind of look, not worth buying.

Then I heard youtube gurus commenting on the new formulations, and seeing the new pretty packaging i decided to give them a try.

OMG!!! Gorgeous!!! i loved them all but THIS one was my ideal shade, O absolutely love it its a gorgeous honey bronze shade (not too orange, not too taupe) i ended up purchasing maybelline bronze glitz at one point in time and it was too orange on my skin so i tried this and loved it!

I pair it with darker shadow for a more contoured look or on its own for simplicity.

love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just purchased this shadow for a little over a dollar at the CVS clearance sale...woo hoo!! This is a really nice shadow. I'd describe it as the most neutral bronze shadow that I have in my collection, which is why I like it so much. I don't like my colors to pull either too warm or too cool...I'm a neutral lover all the way, and this shadow just looks really nice on me, and brings out the green in my hazel eyes!! I did knock a lippie off because of the fallout from this shadow, which isn't the worst I've ever encountered, but the fallout and sparkle factor has caused me to relegate this shadow to evening use only status....but hot damn....it looks smokin' in the evening hours:)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Gorgeous color! I got this after watching lisaeldridge on YouTube. This color looks amazing on my green eyes, but I've seen it on blue and it looks equally good. I use this color as a wash of color on my eyelid up to my crease with a little heavier application in my outer v, and then I apply some under my eyes as well. I just use with mascara-no eyeliner. The color payoff is fantastic and it's just a really beautiful color. The price was great too-under $5 at my local drugstore. NC25-35, brown hair, green eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

this shadow is gorgeous!! i have a hard time pullin off bronze shadows on my extremely pale skin since it tends to pull out the orange in most but this one has just enough brown undertone to look great!! i love this shadow, well i love all of the Rimmel Glam Eyes Shadows, singles and quads they are extremely soft and PIGMENTED! i have alot of the older version trios and quads but the new GlaM Eye collection is far superior to them.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- Rimmel Glam Eye Singles can be found wherever you buy Rimmel Makeup in drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as Target & Walmart. Price will also vary depend on location and where you purchase, Drugstores tend to run a little high. Ive seen this priced from $3-5 depending. Check for sales, discounts and coupons! I purchased mine with a coupon for $2
SHADE/FORMULA- Spicy Bronze is a great go to color to wear for a daytime or night time looks. it can worn alone and great to pop on with diff looks to spice it up, no pun intended :) Spicy Bronze is a great metallic browny bronze. Def a dupe for Mac's BRONZED shadow or Urban Decay SMOG .well at least to me from pics online... The formula & pigmentation is superior to previous Rimmel shadows and better than alot of my drugstore eyeshadows. The formula is super smooth. Pressed well so no fall out or loose powder. They are butter smooth to the touch. Apply and blend so nice. Its of HE shadow consistency. no fillers, not chalky or hard at all. its almost like its wet, if you can understand that. super soft but not too soft! extremely pigmented. what you see in the pan is what you get on application! so amazing! unreal! They also wear well!
Longevity and staying power is also amazing! pair with eye primer & a cream base- you will get hours and hours of wear with no fading or creasing. it looks just as good as when i put it on in the morning!
PACKAGING- This Spicy Bronze single shadow comes in a rectangular shapes plastic shiny black compact. There is a see thru window and snap close/open closure. The plastic is sturdy and great for travel. The see thru window allows me to see which color it is since i own a few single Glam Eyes shadows. And another great amazing thing about these, YOU GET TONS AND TONS OF SHADOW!! i mean, i dont know if ill ever get thru them!! you just get alot! This also comes with a decent double ended sponge tip applicator. its a good one actually. not flimsy foam like most. its also angled on one end to allow for precise application. The labeling is on the back on a sticker. The name is also on the back as well as on the sticker on snap.
Overall, these are wonderful and im so glad Rimmel brought them to us!! wow!! Id def pick up Spicy Bronze and actually, all of the shades. they put out a few new shades and they are freaking awesome too!! Go get them! they are def a great eyeshadow that you wouldnt even know is from the drugstore!!
*some new shades added to this line. a few matte shades which is fabulous. haven't tried them yet but def probably going to since i know the formula & pigmentation is far superior than previous Rimmel shadows and other drugstore shadows I own. Def worth a try! Spicy Bronze makes a great pop to any look!