L'Occitane Ultra riche 10% Shea butter lip balm

L'Occitane Ultra riche 10% Shea butter lip balm

2.8

Glycine Soja Oil, Shea Butter, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera Wax, Copernica Cerifera Wax, Isopropyl Palmitate, Fragrance, BHT, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol

on 5/16/2017 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a waxy balm that feels like it coats the lips, rather than one that sinks in. I do find myself rubbing my lips together more and being in need of more frequent application with this. I am surprised that MUA seems to dislike this one so much and like Nuxe honey balm much more. I think they have more similarities than differences. (I hated Nuxe because it was waxy, didn't moisturize, felt gritty, but most of all because there was a kind of citrus that irritated my lips). This didn't irritate; it wasn't particularly moisturizing, but it wasn't all that bad either, in that it did feel like a protective coating. I would rather use Palmers cocoa butter balm (the one that looks like a big glue stick); Nivea lip butter; aquaphor; or, lansinoh 100% lanolin. Also, shea butter balms are actually quite inexpensive on Amazon and at the drugstore. I think I actually prefer cheaper balms, but it's possible if I spend a little more, I am more disappointed when they Aren't to my taste.

MUA review by Firefire on Out of Africa Shea butter balm compares OOA to this product. OOA has 30% shea butter, so I will try that one next.

on 5/16/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I suffer from extremely dry and cracked lips.

As in, my lips are quite plump but everyone comments on how dry they are when they see me, or asked if I've spent too much time outdoors (I haven't).

I don't understand the negative reviews for this product - are people storing it properly? It comes in a little pot and seems hard, but once applied it basically melts into the lips.

The Shea Butter is amazing moisture-wise and after 2 days of consecutive use, my lips look and feel great.

If I use this before bed, I wake up with huge, plump, moisturised lips.

I rate this better than Carmex, Burts Bees, Blistex, Napolean Lip Service etc

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Awful. And I was so excited to try this, since I really like L'Occitane's hand/body creams and assumed the lip balm would be just as good. This is very waxy and drying, to the point where I have to reapply at least 1-2x an hour. I tried it as a base under matte lip color, but my lips shrivel up underneath the color anyway and leave me looking a mess! My lips are also peeling more than usual since I started using this balm. The packaging itself is awkward too - I have to hold onto both the tube AND the base while applying, otherwise the balm will twist itself back into the tube. Come on.

I'm using it to the end to justify the $8+ I paid for it, but definitely will not repurchase. Much better and cheaper alternatives are out there. The only perk is that I feel a little fancy whipping this tube out because of the brand, but it's not worth all this dryness. Next!

on 3/10/2016 3:17:00 AM

Not the most moisturizing lip balm. In fact, this lip balm feels waxy and can leave the lips dry. I am continuing to use it because I found it can be effective if used directly after exfoliating lips at night. I also use this lip balm in the morning. There is a scent, but it is not too overpowering in my opinion. There are better cheaper alternatives to this lip balm, like eos. I would not recommend this product and will not be purchasing again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This balm is very disappointing. It's waxy and hard, the texture is awful. It does not moisturize well and my lips do not really feel any better after applying it. I like the scent and will use it up, but will not be repurchasing. You would be better off picking up something at Whole Foods.

Would not recommend. Most L'Occitane products are awesome, but this is a miss.

on 12/10/2015 2:33:00 AM

Overpriced. Doesn't hydrate my lips at all, my lips are very dry. Will NOT repurchase.

on 6/7/2015 10:05:00 AM

I have this one in tube and was a waste money. It's not long lasting as I had to re-apply almost every hour. I think my lips were more dry after use. I always have good result with L'occitane's products but this one was very disappointed.

on 11/11/2014 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Pure hype...It is not hydrating at all! I think it made my lips even dryer. Nivea did a better job at a fraction of the price.

on 6/7/2015 10:25:00 AM

This is a waxy, chemical-laden lip balm. This is not moisturizing, but rather occlusive on the lips, and is expensive for a lip balm that does not do anything. The packaging is made of cheap plastic and does not look nice either. This was a bust.

on 7/18/2015 11:16:00 PM

Overall, I really liked this lip balm. It has a pleasant smell and my lips feel really moisturized and soft when I use it. The only problem I had with it was that a pretty thick layer came off every time I used it so I went through it pretty fast. I would also prefer if it had sunscreen in it. I was surprised by the other reviews because I thought it did last a long time before reapplying!