L'Occitane Ultra riche 10% Shea butter lip balm

L'Occitane Ultra riche 10% Shea butter lip balm

2.8

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Awful. And I was so excited to try this, since I really like L'Occitane's hand/body creams and assumed the lip balm would be just as good. This is very waxy and drying, to the point where I have to reapply at least 1-2x an hour. I tried it as a base under matte lip color, but my lips shrivel up underneath the color anyway and leave me looking a mess! My lips are also peeling more than usual since I started using this balm. The packaging itself is awkward too - I have to hold onto both the tube AND the base while applying, otherwise the balm will twist itself back into the tube. Come on.

I'm using it to the end to justify the $8+ I paid for it, but definitely will not repurchase. Much better and cheaper alternatives are out there. The only perk is that I feel a little fancy whipping this tube out because of the brand, but it's not worth all this dryness. Next!

on 3/10/2016 3:17:00 AM

Not the most moisturizing lip balm. In fact, this lip balm feels waxy and can leave the lips dry. I am continuing to use it because I found it can be effective if used directly after exfoliating lips at night. I also use this lip balm in the morning. There is a scent, but it is not too overpowering in my opinion. There are better cheaper alternatives to this lip balm, like eos. I would not recommend this product and will not be purchasing again.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/10/2015 2:33:00 AM

Overpriced. Doesn't hydrate my lips at all, my lips are very dry. Will NOT repurchase.

on 7/18/2015 11:16:00 PM

Overall, I really liked this lip balm. It has a pleasant smell and my lips feel really moisturized and soft when I use it. The only problem I had with it was that a pretty thick layer came off every time I used it so I went through it pretty fast. I would also prefer if it had sunscreen in it. I was surprised by the other reviews because I thought it did last a long time before reapplying!

on 6/7/2015 10:25:00 AM

This is a waxy, chemical-laden lip balm. This is not moisturizing, but rather occlusive on the lips, and is expensive for a lip balm that does not do anything. The packaging is made of cheap plastic and does not look nice either. This was a bust.

on 6/7/2015 10:05:00 AM

I have this one in tube and was a waste money. It's not long lasting as I had to re-apply almost every hour. I think my lips were more dry after use. I always have good result with L'occitane's products but this one was very disappointed.

on 11/11/2014 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Pure hype...It is not hydrating at all! I think it made my lips even dryer. Nivea did a better job at a fraction of the price.

This is such a waste of money. For 18 dollars in my country, this is so no worth it. It is not hydrating at all, my lips peel off even when I am wearing it and it has a strange consistency: it has small lumps that are harsh on lips. Actually you can feel small parts of lipbalm sitting on your lips... It has a clogging feel. I prefer Burt's Bees Lip Balms for a fraction of the price!!!

on 7/17/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The lip balm has an evident shea butter smell, and glides on smoothly enough. However for some reason, there are clumps in the lip balm, so when you apply it, it feels a little like a lip exfoliator before it breaks down. Post-application it leaves a thick layer of balm but not sufficiently moisturisng - I find that I need to keep rubbing my lips together to prevent the balm from drying out which occurs quite quickly leaving the lips feeling dried out. Plus for AUS$15 the case cracks too easily, so more minus points there.

I want to love this product but it hasn't impressed me enough to leave my Carmex. Won't be repurchasing.

on 6/18/2014 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It may contain 10% shea butter, but this lip balm dried out my lips. I found it to be greasy and has a sweet scent that I do not like. Clinique superbalm works much better than this.

Popular Lip Treatments