Nivea Fruity Shine

Nivea Fruity Shine

3.8

Strawberry Flavour:Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Polyisobutene. Octyldodecanol, Pentearythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Candelilla Cera, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cera Microcristallina, Isopropyl Palmitate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Aqua, Fragaria Ananassa Fruit Juice. Mica, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Aroma, CI 15985, CI 77891, CI 15850Cherry Flavour:Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Candelilla Cera, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cera Microcristallina, Isopropyl Palmitate, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, Aqua, Prunus Cerasus Juice, Mica, Silica, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Aroma, CI 15850, CI 77891, CI 77499

on 11/30/2017 4:17:00 AM

I dont like putting much makeup on and quite lazy as well so i am all about finding tinted balms that gives me a lovely mlbb lip look. I stole the cherry one from my sister cuz she prever real lipstick to tinted lipbalm. The cherry one has a lovely smell that faint quickly which never bother me. It glides on smoothly, and feels very light and slippery on my lips so it's not suitable for being on top or under other lipsticks, it performs well on its own. It appears slightly reddish pink on my lips and will have a decent coverage if you build it up 3 times. The color, the soft glossy look and tiny glitters make my lips look and feel healthier and livelier. The moisturising power is straight 3 hours so many people find it unsatisfying, well i have to say this product is definitely not for super cracked lips. Drink your water first, gal! For me, i dont mind reapplying and because it is so slippery and light, it never get stuck in lines or chapped places on my lips.
Compared to my favorite Burts Bee tinted lipbalm in Hibicus, this one is even better: lighter, more moisturising, never get in lines. The only thing i dont like about it is there are not many natural ingredients, but i cant complain, Nivea is commercial at its best.

on 12/16/2016 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

My tutor recommended the cherry flavour to me as I was told by my dermatologist to avoid lip makeup. I thought it would give a pigmented red shine but it is more pink on my lips. I had to put on 3 coats to make the colour obvous. The look is shiny like a lip gloss. This is suitable is you are looking for a natural look. I did not like the scent.

I got the strawberry one too and the scent was event worst. Artificial and strong. I tested it on my wrist and it looked orange but on my lips it was very glossy and a faint pink. It came off very easily. I did not like how it felt on my lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was looking to replace my HG tinted lip balm 'Lip Smackers in Strawberry' because I realized that the lips smackers is now much much much more sweeter (yes! as in sugar sweet) in taste which i'm really HATING! I do not know why they would do that! I dislike my lip products having any taste to them especially if it's so sickly sweet like i'm having sugar. GROSS!

Anyway, so i found this and i must say i much prefer this Nivea Strawberry Fruity Shine now because the taste is non-existent (YAY!). I will say though that i have to keep reapplying it because it's not enough moisture for me but that's ok because nothing seems to moisturize my lips anyway plus i don't mind reapplying as it's a lip balm and i can apply without a mirror. The colour is not strong as well. It accentuates my lip colour which is another bonus point for this lip balm.

I will repurchase again for sure! Nivea - please do not discontinue these!!!

I discovered this product in 2011 when I was working at a cosmetics counter. These balms were the perfect combination of everything I looked for in a product - tinted, good scent, lasts for a decent amount of time. I loved the colour that the strawberry balm gave my barely pigmented lips. I ran out and repurchased in the cherry; and while it was nice - it didn't hold a candle to the strawberry.

Now I understand why...

Unfortunately it's been reformulated. The scent is similar, if not the same. I think that's why I was so hopeful initially. However, the formula is slick and slippery - you have to continually reapply it. The colour payoff? What colour payoff? It gives me minimal tint.

After re-purchasing this product twice, I have to say I wouldn't re-buy it now. It's unfortunate because I talked this product up for years.

on 5/17/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm is very moisturizing. The smell is very sweet and quite frankly, I love the smell (I have the strawberry one. The color is really nice for using as a lip tint in the centre of the lips. It's surprisingly very pigmented for a lip balm yet it doesn't slack on moisturizing. Overall, this is a pretty nice item to have while on the go. It gives a pop of colour while moisturizing!

My favourite lipbalm - 5 lippies! I take it everywhere with me and I must be onto my 5th tube by now. It is cute, affordable, smells great, hydrating, pop of colour and looks great under lipstick. My favourite is strawberry, but I also own berry shake and peach. I recommend it for use during the day for the smell and subtle colour tint, for overnight I find paw paw ointment more moisturising.

on 3/15/2015 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using the Strawberry flavor for several years. It was moisturizing, smelled wonderful, and gave a very pretty light red tint with just a light swipe. I often used it in place of lipstick because it was so lightweight and was so nicely pigmented without being over the top.

Sadly, I just ordered another tube, and it's been reformulated. The scent is much more subdued and chemical-y, and it is less pigmented with a darker, more drab color. If you've ever had natural strawberry jam (which looks darker and browner than commercial) that's a close approximation. Several swipes deposits hardly any color at all, and the formula feels heavy due to the high amount of castor oil added for shine.

I am very disappointed, and will be clinging to my last tube of the good stuff with my life.

on 2/18/2015 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to have this in "Strawberry", for which the formula glides on easily and keeps my lips moist and plump with a nice reddish tint. When I ran out of this, I got it in "Pink Guava", of which the formula is thicker and less moisturising. Sometimes after using it consistently, it makes my lips very uncomfortably dehydrated. I really liked the Strawberry, but really don't like the Guava.

on 12/7/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I found this product at Target while browsing around.
I was in need of a lip balm with decent quality since I was running
out of my Oralife Peppermint Oil Lip Treatment which was too expensive($6).

I got the Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry since I remembered a year or two
ago my friend owned it and it came out with a great tint and fragrance for a lip balm.

The tube of lip balm came with 5.5 ml which seamed like enough product to last me a while. around $4
The packaging is very cute and chic looking because of the shape.

When I opened up the tube, the balm itself shimmered nicely and had a strawberry colour.
It didn't smell as amazing as I remembered (it had such a strong smell, when my friend wore it I thought she wore perfume). It's got a bit of a medicated smell to it, AKA gross.

I swatched it on my wrist and there was very little to no colour, unlike the one my friend had which I guess was the older version. It glided on nicely with a noticable shine, hence the name Fruity Shine. There was a good amount of glitter, but not too much.
On the lips it did give a pinker\redder appearance which was just right.
I do wish it was stronger, like the older type but this is okay as well since it's more natural.

As for the point of lip balm, moisture it moisturised nicely. It wasn't anything like tinkerbell magic but it was a bit more than decent. A few more applications later, my lips felt baby smooth. But after the product fades away you will begin to feel the dryness coming back very slowly.

on 10/9/2014 11:21:00 AM

I love this lip balm! In order of crescent preference, I'd rather choose the strawberry one, the cherry one and the guava one. This latter is difficult to find, so I usually use the cherry one. It gives you a mild reddish-purple natural lip colour and, most importantly, it hydrates and cares for your lips... I've never seen those ugly vertical dryness lines on my lips since I'm using this! Of course, colour is not as intense... but Nivea Fruity Shine is my current daily "lipstick"! I don't use anything else on my lips (but real intense lipstick on special occasions), and they never looked better! Other pros are packaging and price. I will repurchase and repurchase for ever! I'm in love!!

Popular Lip Treatments