BeneFit Cosmetics Cha Cha Tint

BeneFit Cosmetics Cha Cha Tint

4.2

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Squalane, Pehnoxyethanol,Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Lecithin, Polysorbate 60, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Tetrasodium EDTA, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Disodium EDTA.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Inimitable Trinny Woodall mentioned this product in one of her Instagram videos and I immediately went out to buy it. She has a very similar colouring to mine and truly knows her stuff. I wish I knew what she eats to have that much energy...

As I get older I need a blush that provides a flush of colour, does not disappear in the middle of the day and looks like a natural blushing of the cheek, like my own skin not like makeup. When I was younger I was using very pink blushes (and almost 2 decades ago I even used to own the original Benetint!) but as I got older my face looks much better in warmer tones.

This tint is ALMOST perfect (hence 4 stars), I hate the packaging (what is wrong with a PUMP?! especially when it costs over £25 ?!? Ingot provides a perfect one for a fraction of your price, Benefit!) and also the speed of reaction that you need with this product - difficult to master, especially early in the morning. What I like - how natural it looks and how long it lasts. This is what is visible on my face in the end, not a silly looking bottle.

I actually do not apply it with the brush provided (due to hygiene reasons) I touch the side of the top part of the brush that provides me with the optimal amount for application on one cheek. I seldom apply foundation on my cheeks so it goes directly over an absorbed sunscreen, providing a natural looking warm flush. Actually it makes my whole face to become alive and simply prettier. It is like a magic potion. Then I tap my ring finger on the side of the applicator just where the brush emerges from the lid, and I apply it to my other cheek. Yes, one has to act FAST FAST FAST because when this lotion sinks in, it is IN. My index finger remains mango-coloured for the rest of the day. I tried to apply it with a Real Techniques stippling brush and a small duo finer one from MAC and the effect was much more even. Just remember to have the brush at the ready...

The stain lasts on my cheeks most of the day and if you bagged yourself a mini version of this, you can top up at the end of the day on the go.

I love that it gives me a slightly shiny finish (when you are almost 40 you start liking glow on your cheeks but not makeup!) that even cream blushes were not able to provide. What is this trend in cream blushes that set matte?! What kind of new hell is this?! This on its own, over a face cream, looks natural and very pretty with a natural sheen.

on 2/3/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first lip tinted stain I've purchased from BeneFit Cosmetics and it has been my favorite out of all the others they offer. I'm a minimalist when it comes to makeup, especially when I'm in a hurry for school and work so I focus on achieving an even skin tone with a pop of color on my cheeks/lips. My complexion is of fair-medium Asian skin tone with warm undertones so I find Chacha Tint flatters my skin tone. Chacha Tint is described as a mango colored tint, which really looks more like a vibrant orange out of the glass bottle.

Initially, I was put off by the intensity of the orange color, but after dabbing and blending the stain onto the center of my lips, it transitioned to a subdued coral hue. I usually stick to 1-2 layers of Chacha on my lips because the color progressively darkens in time. I have used Chacha on my cheeks for that flushed glow and I usually use three small strokes on each cheek. As the other reviewers have mentioned, this will dry down fast so it's crucial to blend into the skin quickly for a translucent watercolor-like blush. The applicator is a brush similar to a nail polish brush, which I am not fond of as I would prefer a doe-foot applicator like most lip tints provide. However it does come in a little glass bottle with cute oranges and I do not mind travelling with this product on hand.

In terms of the wear time of this product fairly depends on what activity I am doing. For the cheeks, it will last longer than the lips because not many things come in contact with cheeks. I would say it lasts up to 4-5 hours on my lips if I am not eating anything. If I top it with a gloss or lip balm, the longevity of the stain will wear off quicker. For the most part, Chacha is a kiss-proof product as it doesn't leave residue or stains after it dries down. An issue I faced was the drying effect and how the stain emphasizes dead skin/ lines of my lips if I don't prep them well. This can be easily resolved with proper lip care as most lip stain products are drying. Overall, I would gladly repurchase this product again and I highly recommend it to people who like coral/orange colors.

on 12/17/2016 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I got this in a set of minis along with Posietint & Sunbeam, and of the 3 this is definitely my favourite and the only one I like on its own. I also sometimes mix this with Posietint to get a more pinky coral shade as this does lean very much to the orange side of coral (but Posietint doesn't show that well on me on its own). I don't own the original Benetint, but from having tried it a few times I think the newer tints with the more "milky" texture like Cha Cha Tint are a little easier to blend and work with (though they still can be a bit difficult to blend without disturbing foundation underneath). I would recommend applying onto a stippling brush and stippling onto the cheeks rather than dabbing straight on the cheeks and then blending out. You can also apply a bit stronger underneath your foundation if you don't use a full coverage foundation, and let the colour show through. Although I do quite like the end result and it has very good staying power on the cheeks and fair staying power on the lips (I top with a balmy lipstick or tinted balm as it's a bit dry on it own) I don't know that I'd repurchase as I honestly feel like these are overpriced in the full size!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This blush tint is a long wearing stain that provides a beautiful coral flush to your cheeks. I love this is the summer with minimal makeup and also love it on my lips.

The formula: a liquidy stain, that is long wearing and goes on evenly with opaque pigmentation that is consistent. It drys quickly, so you need to blend quickly as well! I wouldn't put the product on with the packaging applicator in case you don't get to blending it in time, you could end up with streaks of coral on your cheeks. So what I would do is get a duo fibre brush (like Real Techniques or Mac) and get the applicator and apply a little over the entire brush. Then dab onto cheeks and blend it out with the brush, a beauty blender or your fingers.

The packaging: I've said it before, I just find Benefit packaging tacky. Also, I hate the misconeption the packaging implies. It is young and fun and bright, and is aimed at a young audience. However it isn't priced for a young market, and I feel as though its a bit sneaky. The packaging is a nail polish like bottle that is shiny and the product isn't visible through the bottle. It has an equally similar nail polish applicator. Hate the applicator, needs to be bigger to avoid the possible stroke marks if you don't act quickly.

The price: Very expensive, but it is the best liquid stain on the market. It is around $45 AUD, but I don't see myself running out very soon! Overall lovely little stain, not too quick and easy, but worth the effort.

on 1/23/2016 12:02:00 AM

I got a deluxe sized sample of this stuff from Sephora and I hate it. Its really hard to blend it just ends up tinting where you dab the applicator. I'd rather spend my money on powder blush.

on 1/9/2016 11:22:00 AM

The best blusher that I've ever had. For a long time I've been looking for something that can last me whole day and this is it! Just use your finger to spread evenly quickly. It's very easy to use!

I LOVE this product. As a blush, it goes on in blobs and you can smudge it out to a really nice, coral tint that doesn't streak at all. You can layer it on if you want the colour to be more intense. As a lip product, it works really well too and stays on all day. It dries out my lips after the initial application but a lip balm solves that problem. The container also keeps a ton of product so it lasts quite long before running out.

on 8/5/2015 1:34:00 PM

i just really love the color! this tint also looks good on picture it's super natural i just love this!! i prefer this stain than benetint as it feels weird once you apply, and i have medium skin tone so posie tint won't work well on me. The texture is thicker than benetint, it does really good whether you use your finger to dab it or you just apply this with the applicator. i usually put 2 or 3 layers if i use my finger but 1 layer is ok it looks like you don't wear anything. the coverage is medium as it's a lip tint not lipstick. i use it for daily because it's really natural, easy to use and stays on my lips for a long time. after eating i found this stain still stays on my lips, the staying power is really great for a lip stain. BUT i don't really use this on my cheeks cause it dries very quickly it just will leave dots on your cheeks you don't want that and the color is just too strike to use on cheeks for daily. i finish a full size of it and definitely would repurchase this tint!! love it!

on 7/27/2015 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Highly disappointed with this product. Thankfully, I got it as a sample from a magazine - I don't want to think about wasting so much money on such a crap product!
The only positive thing I have to say about this is that the packaging is easy to operate, if not a bit cheap.
Now for the negatives:
Whenever I put on this product, no matter how quick I try to blend it out, it does not really go anywhere. It's a 'tint', and boy does it stain! Even after a few seconds of application, the initial line where I applied it stays visible. Trying to blend it out does not work, and whenever I've attempted to, I've just ended up with red, abused cheeks.
I'm not a fan of the colour itself either, it is a very orange-y coral.
Would never ever purchase this! And it has sadly put me off all of the other Benefit tints as well.

on 6/1/2015 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Again....this color makes me look like I rubbed Cheetos on my face. Hate the color on me and I've tried it both when I was tan and pale. The formula wasn't the best either in my opinion. It's too thick. I like the original consistency and color of benetint much better. Will never purchase this again.

Popular Blush Products