Paula Dorf Perfect Glo

3.9

Octyl Palmitate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tribehenin, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Arachidyl Propionate, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Polyethylene, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Laurate, Silica, Trihydroxy Stearin, Lecithin, Polysorbate-20, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Lot of love for this product. I am NW 15-20 and I have this in 'creme'. It's a perfectly balanced pale fleshy color leaning towards pink, but not overly so. The texture is amazing! Its super creamy and my skin is dry, so I love that. Ive had no breakouts from using this. Coverage is sheer to medium. Even though I have a few blemishes and broken cappillaries to cover, I much prefer to just target these spots with a good concealer and do my face with a sheer foundation. It looks so much more natural and healthy. I dont think oily skin will like it, I can imagine it will melt off quickly.
UPDATE: Staying power is mediocre at best (4-6 hours on my dry skin) and it tends to cake when you touch up on an already made up face. So... not THAT good afterall, took it down to 3 lippies.

on 3/7/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got a generous sample of this from Ulta. It gave me beautiful coverage but sadly it started breaking me out within a day. This is not a good product for blemish prone skin. I believe it's the Palmitate that's the problem. Too bad because it did not irritate my crazy sensitive skin.

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/28/2011 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been using Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous, and had been pretty happy with it during the summer, even though the coverage wasn't quite opaque enough (I set it with mineral foundation instead of veil). Well, I finally pulled out my Paula Dorf, which was too light for summer, but is now perfect for my winter skin, and I love it! Just a warning, this formula is creamier and I don't think it's meant for oilier skin, nor is it meant for a matte finish. For my drier winter skin, however, it is perfect. The coverage is quite opaque, but the coverage is not heavy, maybe medium coverage, especially applied with a foundation brush, and the formula stays set for a few hours. This is a new favorite of mine. I use Champagne and I'm NC25 in winter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really love this foundation. It is fragrance free and non-irritating - a must for me. It imparts a sheer to medium dewy finish. If you don't like the look or feel of heavy full coverage matte foundation and have dry and/or mature skin you will probably like this product. It does diffuse the appearance of flaws and wrinkles on my over 40 face. My face feels soft and smooth and like it can still breathe- which I love. I don't understand the reviews that state it doesn't cover anything. For me, I just apply a little more where I need a little more or use a concealer- its a cinch to build and blend this product with a foundation brush. I do set lightly with powder and it lasts just fine on me.

UPDATE 6-17-2011: I still love the colors in the Paula Dorf line but I'm having a problem lately with it looking chalky even with a moisturizer. Getting old is hell...lol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this foundation daily and love it! It glides on so smoothly .. especially when used with Paula Dorf's primer. It makes my skin feel amazing! It dries to a smooth, velvety finish and gives my skin a pretty airbrushed look.. love love love it! and I love how many compliments I get while wearing it. While it is pretty pricey, it is definitely worth it.

on 4/15/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

goes on real creamy, not terrific coverage but provides a light to the skin that make you look pretty. my favorite base ever. kinda expensive but worth it

I like this foundation. I could see it working well for someone with good skin, looking for medium coverage. I didn't care for the brush it came with (too much work to get it to blend) but it went on perfectly with a makeup sponge. Nice, natural coverage. Expensive, but worth it to me.

on 10/28/2008 3:28:00 PM

I love this foundation! Very natural looking, medium coverage. Gives me a healthy looking, dewy complexion. I have very fair, dry skin and this foundation is perfect for me.

Not a fan of this foundation. It comes with a brush that you definitely need to use when applying but like another reviewer said it take s a really long time to blend. It has a strange odor as well. Definitely will not buy again.

on 6/27/2007 12:17:00 PM

I went to a promotion at a local cosmetic store and the make up artist used this on me. I love it. It's nice and creamy and provides just the right amount of coverage for me. I do live in a dry comment and have pretty normal skin so I can't really say how it would do in a humid climate or on someone with oily skin.