E.L.F. Lipstick in "Nostalgic"

E.L.F. Lipstick in
Lipstick in

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've got this in Posh (browned down red) & this (peachy pink pale nude....be warned very pale), no discernible frostiness for those who find frostiness a deal breaker. This does remind me of MAC MYTH a bit big because of the shade paleness. Tough call to say if this is more peach or pink depending on my eye makeup or OOTD. It's a real chameleon! I paid $1 for this!! :) I only twist of up like 2 millimeters I'm afraid of that packaging!

on 10/17/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Interestingly, I am in the minority on this one as well as some of the other reviews I have written today. For me, this works well, especially with a lip liner.

This is a pink nude and really works on my mauvey colored lips. Not sure I would like it as much without a lip liner as it does look a bit like a concealor in the tube, but the lip liner just brings it to life. It might also look good on me because my lips are already so pigmented.

This is creamy and non drying. Though it might not be exceptionally well pigmentated it is buildable. There is a slightly fruity smell and a bit of a taste, but I find neither unpleasant.

This was a $1.00 at WalMart. I would repurchase should I use the whole tube. It is a very neutral look for me.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/28/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not true to the color on tube which is after all why you buy a lipstick you can't swatch.
It's a lip eraser on me, put it on, lips gone!
If you've got pigmented lips you want to tone down, look no further! Yes it's only a buck but when i put it on without a mirror after leaving the store my mother burst out laughing thinking I'd mistakenly bought concealer. Then I saw a mirror and i burst out laughing because no lips!

I like a lot of elf products but this isn't one of them.

Looks like a peachy-pink nude in the tube. Looks likes crap on the lips. One swipe and I knew this was not for me. Looks like concealer on the lips. To be fair, I have very pigmented lips, so I should have known better, but for a buck I gave it a try. I thought maybe I could use it to tone down some bright lipsticks I own, but it was no good for that either (too white based). I'll give it 2 stars, just cause it was cheap and it seemed kinda moisturizing, but that's being VERY generous. I truly don't know how people are rating this so well. I can't see this being remotely flattering on any skin tone.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick happens to have a different smell than all of the $1 lipsticks that I have bought from E.L.F. Nevertheless, it gives off this subtle pinky-nude look to my lips that I love. Which is why, i actually own so many of them. As, it is a great nude shade for my lips.

Thank God, I have never had any of their lipsticks break on me, even when the weather is warm/hot out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great pink-toned nude colour for fair (to medium) skin. It's not to much, just perfect, and it is beautiful with a neutral toned makeup for an everyday look, and also gorgeous paired with smokey eyes for a sexy evening look!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was reading reviews on MakeupAlley to try to find good shades of lipstick for my tan skin tone. I was looking for a nude color, and saw this one was good. It really DOESN'T work for me, for whatever reason. Instead of a pretty pink nude, it looks too light and washes me out. Overall, I look deceased, not gonna lie, but for $1 I don't regret it that much!

This lipstick is creamy and pigmented. The shade is a pale pink and, although not apparent in the tube, it looks exactly like MAC's Hue on the lips! It has a subtle sweet scent to it and doesn't last very long, but for £1.50 it's a good nude. Maybe too pale for my taste, but a good nude for pale nude lipstick lovers. The packaging is bad but at least it doesn't cost a bomb to replace if it does break!

on 11/16/2012 10:29:00 AM

I was looking for an everyday nude colour, this lipstick has a pink tint to it and works great as an everyday lip colour. I apply it over a lip balm and it last a long time without drying the lips. Would buy this colour again as it is cheap, practical and does not dry my lips like some of the other lipsticks.

For a dollar, its an okay lipstick. The color isn't the prettiest. From the photo i t looks light pink. Its more of a peach in person. Since I was going for a light pink nude... this didn't work for me. It is very moisturizing though. The packaging is horrrrible. As you twistt it up it clicks. It doesn't glide up light most lipsticks. And I can see down the tube that the lipstick is cracked. Keep this lipstick faaar away from the sun.