Redken Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

Redken Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

4.4

Water (aqua), Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, amodimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, isopropyl myristate, parfum, laureth-7, xylose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, trideceth-6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, arginine, citric acid, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate, benzyl benzoate, quaternium-33, limonene, benzyl alcohol, linalool, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol.

on 12/15/2016 4:59:00 AM

This is the best leave in hair treatment. If you have bleached or over processed hair that is on the verge of falling out this will help. It's full of protein so if your hair isn't ridiculously damaged then you do not need to use it after every wash. It'll make your hair worse. But if you have bleached hair that is gummy or stringy, use this before you do anything else. It makes a difference almost immediately. A little pricey and I use a lot! But definitely worth it.

on 4/22/2016 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really not thrilled with this product. I'd like to think the protein is doing some good for my hair, but I sure don't see any improvement. I've been using it once a week for a couple months now. On the days I use it my hair just doesn't look that good, the ends are dry and straggly and tangled. I know overuse of protein can make hair dry and brittle, but I've never overused it. And I don't see any overall positive change in the weeks I've used this, so I see no proof that the protein is doing any good. And isn't the point to have hair that looks healthier and better?

on 3/2/2016 6:30:00 AM

It's not really my holy grail product coz i feel like it works almost similar like the extreme cat ie it's more or less a protein reconstructing treatment. If u use the anti snap as a leave in make sure u follow up with a hair oil or a thicker slickier hair serum because using heat on the anti snap alone can make the hair feel crunchy. But it does give quite a healthy sheen tho. But for extremely damaged hair like mine I would suggest using anti snap with another serum or oil before blow drying. Other than that, it's quite a good product for protein deficiency.

on 12/15/2015 10:29:00 AM

This product is amazing. I have been using it for 2 weeks now, and my ends looks so fresh and healthy! I am growing my hair long, and this is really speeding things up. I feel like it just fixed my hair, plus its so soft and shiny afterwards! This is one of the Best products i have ever used on my hair. I recommend to everyone wanting those long locks!

on 11/5/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for around 3 years now and I have never gone without it since I first started with it. I use it every time I wash my hair, I usually leave it in a towel for 20 minutes and then put the anti snap in, followed by a hair oil of some sort.

It is a bit pricey, but it lasts a while. It really has transformed my hair, my hair is fine - nothing ridiculous but it isn't exactly thick. Whenever I used to try and grow it, by the time it got to a decent length the ends would be so sparse and dry that I had to get them cut off and I was back to square one. Since using this product my hair is much more stronger, shinier and substantial on the ends, Ive been able to grow it with ease.

For reference I have brown hair that I like to switch to blonde when I get bored, or highlights, and then back to brown, not regularly, but enough to damage my hair and need something like this to treat it.

Another point to add: apparently if rub a little onto your nails/cuticle area it really helps your nails too!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this Redken product for years. I think when it started off, it was called a leave-in Conditioner, but then changed to "anti-snap" but still worked just like a leve-in conditioner.
Unfortunately I just found out that Redken does testing on animals, so I am going to stop using this product and need to find a new leave-in conditioner. I'm sad to stop using it. If I ever find out that the company changes its policies I will return as a customer.
It would have 5 stars if not for the animal testing, which means I must stop using the brand.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had really burnt ends from straightening and it helped a lot. It's kinda high in price though and I recently found out they test on animals. :/

This is one of those products where you use it and you're like "what, why the heck did I spend $30 bucks to smell sort of like an orange?? What does this do??" But then after a few weeks you're like "hey, my hair seems better! Not as fragile, shinier and good. Whaaaaat!?"

I purchased this product after getting my hair bleached blonde at the hairdresser. It was dyed brown for years and she managed to get it blonde so as you can imagine it was in pretty bad shape. I want my hair to be soft and light and floaty so i was not happy with the new texture. I was terrified that my hair would fall out or snap in two. Let me paint you a picture - when I washed my hair (with the softest most gentle specialized shampoo) it would immediately clump into one giant piece of gum. After a few weeks of using about 5 squirts of Anti-Snap each time I washed my hair (I was it about twice a week) I noticed a huge difference!

Let me be clear, this is not a leave in "conditioner". I use leave in conditioner to comb through my hair and then I put this in to towel dried hair. It actually feels less silky once I put it in because it's a treatment, not an instant conditioner. BUT once you keep persisting you will see results. My hair is the texture as it was when I was a two year old and had baby soft blonde hair (I can only assume). But when people comment on my hair they touch it and go "wow that's so soft!!"

Give this stuff a go and persist for a few weeks or a month. Seriously. My hairdresser bleached over my hair again to make it blonder it was so healthy and now it's like "whatever, do what you want to me" and is as tough as Molly Weasley.

P.s. I don't really like the smell - it smells like the artificial orange scent they mix into chocolate to make Jaffas. And I hate Jaffas. But it's worth it.

Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-In Treatment comes in a sturdy blue pump bottle. It is a cloudy-white, watery serum with a sweet, moderately-heavy scent. My medium-thick, long hair has flyaways and is dry and "broken" from brushing out tangles at the ends. I bought this leave-in product to give my ends more moisture and hopefully heal them and make them stronger.
The product was a bit of a disappointment. It seems to be good for smoothing down hair after shampooing and conditioning but that's it. It doesn't leave a lasting moisturizing effect on the ends of my hair, which felt dry and tangled again after a few hours outside, doesn't "fortify" broken areas like it says on the bottle, and doesn't work that well for detangling. I also don't particularly like the scent of the product. I still have 1/2 of the bottle left because it really didn't provide enough results to continue using it and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/18/2015 2:49:00 PM

Love , love , love this leave in treatment! I haven't had much luck with leave -in treatments because they always seem to leave residue and make my hair flat and dull. My hair absorbs this stuff very quickly and protects against heat damage and split ends. I use this along with the shampoo and conditioner from the Extreme line and have had amazing results.