Redken Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

Redken Extreme Anti Snap (new formula 2011)

4.3

Water (aqua), Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, amodimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, isopropyl myristate, parfum, laureth-7, xylose, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, trideceth-6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, arginine, citric acid, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate, benzyl benzoate, quaternium-33, limonene, benzyl alcohol, linalool, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Throughout the years I have REALLY damaged my hair. I am an serial hair colour changer, heat styler, and general abuser of my hair! Guilty! My hair was so bad that it was so short and couldn't even be cut into a style, especially round the front. I used the Redken Extreme range of the shampoo, conditioner, CAT reconstructing treatment, and Anti Snap leave in treatment. I stopped bleaching my hair, went brown, and used these products each and every time I washed my hair. I was amazed that my hair actually GREW. It grew down to my chest and was shiny and strong. I can't recommend this whole range for people that have destroyed their hair like me! HG!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I like this one. I have heavely highlighted hair and I use it after every wash to prevent the breakage. This a protein leave in, so it does not moisturise or detangle because that's not it's purpose. If you use it on it's own your hair will most likely feel dry. So I apply the anti snap first wait for few minutes and then I spray some other mouisturising leave in conditioner like bumble and bumble invisible oil primer or joico moisture recovery. And that's my winning combination. My hair is smooth like silk and healthy 🖒

on 3/18/2017 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Have nothing good to say about this product. Makes my damaged permed hair even frizzier and drier. Happy for those it worked. $16 wasted.

on 3/10/2017 8:37:00 PM

this has helped my damaged bleached hair a lot. I tried a lot of leave in products and so far I see the most improvement with this.

on 12/15/2016 4:59:00 AM

This is the best leave in hair treatment. If you have bleached or over processed hair that is on the verge of falling out this will help. It's full of protein so if your hair isn't ridiculously damaged then you do not need to use it after every wash. It'll make your hair worse. But if you have bleached hair that is gummy or stringy, use this before you do anything else. It makes a difference almost immediately. A little pricey and I use a lot! But definitely worth it.

on 4/15/2017 3:24:00 PM

I had this recommend to my by a hairdresser and I saw no benefits, my hair breakage just got worse so i kept using it for a year and nothing happened so I stopped buying this. I wanted it to work but for my hair it had no effect. But it does last a long time so if it works for you than you get your money's worth.

on 3/2/2016 6:30:00 AM

It's not really my holy grail product coz i feel like it works almost similar like the extreme cat ie it's more or less a protein reconstructing treatment. If u use the anti snap as a leave in make sure u follow up with a hair oil or a thicker slickier hair serum because using heat on the anti snap alone can make the hair feel crunchy. But it does give quite a healthy sheen tho. But for extremely damaged hair like mine I would suggest using anti snap with another serum or oil before blow drying. Other than that, it's quite a good product for protein deficiency.

on 12/15/2015 10:29:00 AM

This product is amazing. I have been using it for 2 weeks now, and my ends looks so fresh and healthy! I am growing my hair long, and this is really speeding things up. I feel like it just fixed my hair, plus its so soft and shiny afterwards! This is one of the Best products i have ever used on my hair. I recommend to everyone wanting those long locks!

on 11/5/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this for around 3 years now and I have never gone without it since I first started with it. I use it every time I wash my hair, I usually leave it in a towel for 20 minutes and then put the anti snap in, followed by a hair oil of some sort.

It is a bit pricey, but it lasts a while. It really has transformed my hair, my hair is fine - nothing ridiculous but it isn't exactly thick. Whenever I used to try and grow it, by the time it got to a decent length the ends would be so sparse and dry that I had to get them cut off and I was back to square one. Since using this product my hair is much more stronger, shinier and substantial on the ends, Ive been able to grow it with ease.

For reference I have brown hair that I like to switch to blonde when I get bored, or highlights, and then back to brown, not regularly, but enough to damage my hair and need something like this to treat it.

Another point to add: apparently if rub a little onto your nails/cuticle area it really helps your nails too!

on 4/22/2016 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really not thrilled with this product. I'd like to think the protein is doing some good for my hair, but I sure don't see any improvement. I've been using it once a week for a couple months now. On the days I use it my hair just doesn't look that good, the ends are dry and straggly and tangled. I know overuse of protein can make hair dry and brittle, but I've never overused it. And I don't see any overall positive change in the weeks I've used this, so I see no proof that the protein is doing any good. And isn't the point to have hair that looks healthier and better?