4.2

$38.50 on Lovely Skin
Shop Now

Reviews

7 years ago

After I murdered my fine, long hair by experimenting with color I decided I needed protein. I bought this as well as the conditioner and CAT treatment. I use the shampoo and condish twice a week and on one of those days I use the CAT treatment. On the days I don't use this I use the all soft shampoo and condish. I am amazed at the results. It used to take me at least 25 minutes to get all of the tangles out of my hair and now it takes 2 minutes max. Also, my hair feels so soft and healthy and it actually has body and shine. I have only been doing this routine for three weeks and it is almost like I never dyed my hair(4 times /:). Don't use this if you have healthy hair. You will not like the results!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

EyesBrown

7 years ago

So far I really enjoy this shampoo + matching conditioner. I have fine hair that's fragile and prone to breakage, even though it's non treated and I take pretty good care of it. So I use Extreme to gain some much needed strength. This shampoo makes my hair really soft but not overly flat, shiny and healthy looking. I didn't expect any moisture from this as it a protein shampoo, but it NEVER leaves my hair the slightest bit dry or crunchy. I try only to use it once a week to avoid protein overload, but I wanna use it every time I shower because I like it so much! The smell is amazing too, and it's very good value for the money, I think. The bottle will last me ages. I will update my review since it's only been two weeks now and it's really too early to tell, but for now I'm very satisfied.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I really like this shampoo, but I wouldn't use it too often. After I wash my hair, I notice my hair feels stronger, but I definitely need a conditioner with it. I use the health factor from TIGI's S-factor, because I've recently got a lot of hair products as a present, and the matching Redken conditioner wasn't included. I don't know if the conditioner would be an improvement, because I already use a very nourishing conditioner. Maybe I'll try it out in the future. So anyway back to the shampoo. It has a very pleasant smell, kinda vanilla, but not too overwhelming, it's subtle and it doesn't linger in your hair. I will keep using it to help my hair gain strength, because that's what it's for, it's not a shampoo for everyday use, or even weekly use. If your hair needs a boost try it, but don't use it too much. It's also great for your haircolour. I have highlighted hair, and this really helps against fading. My mom uses the one for coloured hair, and she really likes it. She doesn't even use conditioner and her hair looks great. So yes I'm impressed with this shampoo, and after using a lot of Kérastase, I've just realized that none of the Kérastase shampoos were that amazing, most of them were just too heavy for my hair. So I'm glad I finally tried out Redken and Tigi.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

7 years ago

I bought this stuff when the formula was recently changed. Since everybody raved about how this was the shizz for fine overprocessed hair, I got it on a whim, nevermind that this crap in my country costs the same as a kerastase shampoo. Talk about expensive. Anywho, it smells really nice, but did nothing for my hair except leaving it all frazzled and DRY with some silicon-ey shine (has dimethicone), weird right?. Nothing to write home about, tresemme repair rituals with soy protein (no cones) or tigi's dumb blonde shampoo are way better and gentler on my platinum bleached hair.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Due to endocrine imbalances, my hair is dry, brittle, and frizzy. Let me tell you, it's really attractive when all the short broken hairs frizz out! I have been suckered into so many expensive hair products and was expecting another disappointment, but this is the first hair product that did not disappoint me! I used to shed a fistfull of hair in the shower, now I only shed about 1/3 of that. Breakage and frizz are markedly decreased. My hair feels fuller, thicker, and stronger. It still feels and looks dry, however, so I use moisturizing masks. Doesn't really have a smell to me, which is actually kinda nice. Price is reasonable; Ulta regularly has the liter bottles on sale for $15 each, with free pumps. This is my HG shampoo and conditioner, thank you Redken! Edited: Over 2 years later and it is still my HG. I have no interest in even trying anything else.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesOther

7 years ago

Love this product, i've been bleaching my hair for about a year now. My hair was so damaged and dry, it was snapping off and became very thin. This product, along with the condtioner has saved my hair. Noticable results after one use. AMAZING!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Nice protein shampoo. It washes hair well and smells great!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

7 years ago

This shampoo is great at removing build up of product, smells nice and lathers well. will definitely buy again, but when I'm in the states next time as it's quite expensive to buy here in NZ.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2.0

7 years ago

This shampoo cleaned well. Other than that, I saw nothing particularly "extreme" or special about this product. Very average for the price.

About reviewer (552 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Ok wee bit of back ground! my hair is dyed blonde and i had a very very bad hair disaster when a hairdresser bleached my hair and caused it to burn my scalp and my hair broke off my at the back! nightmare I got a new hair dresser who recommended matrix strong which i was using then i read the reviews on this and though mmm ill give it a shot. OMG this changed my hair its very strong formula and it worked miracles on my hair! I really noticed a difference from the 1st shampoo and condition! I would really recommend this if you hair is damaged but stop using it once it repairs as i kept using it and it would leave my hair greasy after a day which was no use at all! it smells really nice and clean love love this

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium