Urban Decay Cannonball

Urban Decay Cannonball

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Polyethlene, Dextrin Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone, Rayon, Nylon-66, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua (Water), Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I need a waterproof remover, but this works great. No, it doesn't give me fake-looking lashes, but nothing will ever do that for my short lashes. This is as close as I've found.

This is my go-to summertime mascara because it does the job and is waterproof and sweatproof. DOES NOT BUDGE. I spent an entire day at a Six Flags park wearing this. Went on water rides, stood in line in 95 degree humid sunny weather, then endured an impromptu rainstorm. The rest of my makeup didn't last but at least my mascara stayed on and I didn't look like a raccoon. If you need a good waterproof mascara for summertime activity, THIS IS IT.

To Read all 113 Reviews, Login or Join

This mascara has become a Holy Grail. I do not use that term lightly. I had a friend pass away and I found out my cat has cancer....so you can imagine that tears have been a regular occurrence. This mascara has been amazing. It's lengthening, thickening and holds a curl all day. No flaking, smudging, budging...nothing. It's easy to take off at the end of the night with my remover (Clinique). I don't lose a bunch of lashes and this formula doesn't make your lashes crunchy. Yep...I love this. The only thing I would change is the hole that the wand comes out of. It is slightly wide so it doesn't wipe off enough product and you always get a bit too much. Such a small problem for a product so awesome. <3 I will buy this as long as it is produced.

on 1/16/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, this mascara gives life mommas. It definitely held the curls for my stick straight lashes and it also provided with some decent volume and amazing length to my lashes. I can't believe I waited this long to get this!!! I'm in love with it!!!

on 11/24/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Urban Decay's Cannonball mascara is pretty good. Like, a pretty good everyday mascara that's not gonna budge or smear all over your face. It's not gonna give you crazy va-va-voom lashes and it doesn't provide a ton a volume. It does provide a bit of definition and length. Enough to give your eyes a little something extra special without making people at the office wonder why you're going full on glam.

I have pretty straight lashes. Curling them and giving a couple of swipes of this mascara to my lashes is pretty great for every day. It is a bit of a pain to get off, yet I feel like i can't complain because it's staying power is precisely what I love about it. Usually, I oil cleanse and so I don't have much of a problem, but it might take a tad more work with the usual makeup remover wipes (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So let me start off by saving that I LOVE this mascara. It gives me the length I want and I can further the length when I apply a second or third coat. I didn't give it 5 stars because it does not give me volume, with I really don't mind because I use this for more of an everyday mascara. I have many mascara sand this one is not the most expensive but it is still pricey (but I ain't complaining) it's worth the price! I am a swim instructor, so when I'm teaching my students in always in the water, I yea tested the mascara on the first day after I bought it. It did hold on throughout my five hour shift, it smudges on me when I'm in the water but that's because i have sensitive eyes due to the chlorine (I'm constantly touching and rubbing my eyes while I teach) other than hat it holds true to what it's supposed to give. I would definitely recommend!!

on 9/25/2015 2:34:00 AM

I probably have around 30 mascaras. For the average person that doesn't review products or anything... that's pretty crazy. Sadly, I have the typical, pain in the butt, not so feathery Asian lashes. Stick straight, points down, short as... and they're thick! Curls don't hold. EVER.

I love my Youtube makeup tutorial and reviews which is how I have ended up with so many mascaras. What works for others, most likely won't work for me lol. Even if they are a fellow Asian lady.

I don't know how many mascaras I have tried in my lifetime but I know that it's a big number. So far, I have found 3 that works for me and Urban Decay Cannonball is one of them. Sadly, the least affordable of the 3 but still worth the price if you have extremely stubborn lashes.

I have oily skin... this is what happens with most mascaras:
Stick straight lashes with mascara + oily skin = panda eyes with 1 hour

This mascara gives me some length (since my curl holds!), some volume and does not smudge on me Removal is a bit more difficult but it is too be expected and my Neutrogena Oil-free makeup remover (shaky one) removes it easy enough.

If you have the moolah and you have lashes that sound as annoying as mine, this is worth a shot. If you're after something works almost as well a much more friendly price tag, try the Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I recently went seeking out a new mascara to use for my daily look (work, school, etc.) since my old one is just a bit too heavy to keep putting on every day.

I began my search for mascaras that work well with being removed with oil-free makeup removers. So this one popped up and I was excited to give it a try since I found the applicator tip to be interesting. I was right! The mascara works great, evening out my lashes when I apply it and dries quickly.

For the ultimate test I tried removing the mascara with my makeup remover and my old mascara used to smear and I would have to go over my eyes three or four times to get it all off. This works great and comes off after two go overs with a wad of tissue.

on 9/23/2015 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara delivers on its waterproof promise. You really can wear it swimming. It is also black and glossy and holds curl amazingly well and even curls my straight lashes when I don't use an eyelash curler first. I get a substantial boost in volume and good length.

As far as cons go, it IS difficult to remove completely. My usual facial cleanser isn't enough of a solvent, so I have to use an eye makeup remover that is silicone-based or oil-based or Micellar to get this off. I don't mind doing this occasionally because I like knowing the mascara will not budge while I'm wearing it, but because it requires extra effort to remove, I don't want to wear it every single day. I have waterproof days and non-waterproof days.

There is quite a bit of wax in the formula, which is one of the things that makes it waterproof, but if you have never used it before you may be surprised at how thick it feels compared to a normal, non-waterproof mascara. I would absolutely buy it again for how waterproof it really is, and how well it holds curl.

INGREDIENTS:

on 9/8/2015 1:38:00 AM

This mascara has been one of the better ones that I have tried in a while. It holds up my curl, lengthens, defines my lashes and is (quite) waterproof. It tends to smudge on me after 6-7 hours of wear time though, which is the downfall. I don't have any other complaints though besides the price.

It's perfect for every day use.