Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Dry or SensitivClarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Dry or Sensitiv

4.2

Water, cetearyl alcohol, sodium stearoyl glutamate, glycol distearate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, sodium laureth sulfate, hectorite, sodium cocoyl glutamate, dipropylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, fragrance, glycerin, phenoxyisopropanol, butyrospernum, parkii (shea butter), panthenol, xantham gum, disodium EDTA, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, lecithin, polymnia sonchifolia root juice, palmitoyl myristyl serinate, maltodextrin, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) seed extract, gypsophila paniculata root extract, potassium sorbate, lactobacillus, methylchloroisothiazolinone, tocopherol, methylisothiazolinone, caramel, CI 77891/titanium dioxide, CI 19140/yellow 5, CI 15985/yellow 6

on 9/11/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Meh. That's the word that best describes my reaction to this product. I mean, it cleans your face... but that's about it. It's relatively pricey but extremely average. I agree with the reviews that say it doesn't wash off well. The flip cap is also a silly design for a facial cleanser that has such low viscosity. It strikes me as a product designed for especially sensitive skin (which I don't have). That being said, my skin is oily and this didn't make it breakout / become more oily, so there is that. Wouldn't buy again.

on 8/25/2017 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence to be honest with this one. Again have used it on and off for years. I do find thatif I use this exclusively I will start to get blocked pores. I like it for a quick wash when I don't have time to use a facecloth. It is also good with a clarisonic

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a great cleanser I usually use either a oil cleanser to remove makeup or almond oil and a cloth first then this, Gentle is the way to go if you like a little roughness you can use your sephora pink face massage device with it but it does cleanse just not a squeaky clean which is what you should be looking for if you have dry combo skin like mine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This cleanser clean skin very well without drying it. I must say that it doesn't add the moisture either.
My major concern it that it's not suitable for my very sensitive skin. I get redness, I get brake outs. I believe it's a good product for dry skin, but not for a sensitive one.

on 1/28/2015 2:34:00 AM

One of the only cleansers (other than Cetaphil) which doesn't break me out. Really gentle on skin and lovely soft texture. I use this in conjunction with the clarins toner and moisturiser and they work great for my sensitive combination skin.

I love this one because it doesn't break me out. I have dry skin, get a lot of dry patches (especially in winter), but am also acne-prone. I massage it gently, add a bit water so it can slide over my face better, and finish by rinsing it out with cold water.

The smell is heavenly (but fragrance does not irritate or make my skin red).

Love it!

on 10/19/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

For my normal/dry sensitive skin this was not that great. It left dry flaky patches on my face which I had under control before I started using this. I was surprised because this didn't foam that much, has little to no fragrance to my nose and seemed hydrating after rinsing. However it doesn't clean all that well. I expected so much more considering the great reviews. I will have to reserve this for summer or take it back.

Bought this after reading many positive reviews. But turned out the product irritated my skin :( didn't expect this from such a high end product with so many good reviews. My skin is not particularly sensitive type, only a bit dry. Now I am using korean cleanser from Banila & Co which I found much more gentler on skin and not drying. And no any skin issues whatsoever. In general I find Korean cosmetics are more affordable and gives better result, while high end brands -- maybe they contains too much chemicals although advertised as "natural? for sensitive skin?" I've tried Biotherm, Origins, Lancome etc. yet not satisfied.

on 3/27/2014 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this with my facial brush (Philips Visapure, see my review for that) and it's full-blown love!
Up until I found this baby I used the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, but when that was finished I wanted to look for something a little softer. I always check Makeupalley and Beautypedia and most of the time things that rate high on MUA are bad according to BP and the other way round. This cleanser is rated GOOD by BP and has good rates here: YAY! I've been using it for a good 3 weeks now and it is indeed very soft, it smells divine and my skin is clean but not too dryish anymore. Absolute favorite cleanser! But a little side note: it does contain a lot of fragrance, I like it, but my skin isn't sensitive. If you have really sensitive skin I would give this a miss ar at least try a sample first.

on 5/12/2014 8:45:00 PM

This is a very gentle cleanser and always leaves my dry sensitive skin feeling soft and slightly hydrated. I love the smell and the fact that it contains shea butter. My skin always looks clearer and less blotchy when I use this. The only problem is the price but a little does go a long way.