Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Normal or Combination Skin

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Normal or Combination Skin

4.1

Acqua/water/eau; glycerin; stearic acid; myristic acid; potassium hydroxide; dimethicone; lauric acid; sodium lauroyl sarcosinate; tipa-laureth sulfate; glyceryl behenate; glycol distearate; ozokerite; parfum/fragrance; proplylene glycol; tetrasodium edta; alpha-glucan oligosaccharide; polymnia sonchifolia root juice; maltodextrin; gossypium herbaceum (cotton) seed extract; gypsophila paniculata root extract; lactobacillus; potassium sorbate; methylchloroisothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; bht; benzyl salicylate; butylphenyl methylpropional; limonene; linalool; cl 77891/titanium dioxide

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It dries me out. Smells like cheap laundry detergent too. I prefer the one with Shea butter.

This is a cream-to-foam lather. I like this cleanser alright - best for oily skin types. This is similar to Origins Checks and Balances. Much like the Origins cleanser, a small amount goes a long way. However, in contrast, I find this less drying than Origin's. There is a fragrance, which I cannot place, but it doesn't bother me. I read in other reviews that the fragrance is bothersome. Also, in another review there is a mention of residual feeling on the skin after washing. I have noticed it too - a slight feeling. I think this is meant to be the cottonseed extract - a balancing moisturizer perhaps? I prefer this one over the Origins one, but it's not a must for me.

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

I like this product, It smells nice and lasts forever since a tiny pea size drop goes a long way... Its also not as drying.

BUT my personal issue with this product is that it seems to leave a strange feeling on the skin once its washed off.. as if a layer of product remains on you skin. You can almost feel the film.
I don't like the thought of my face not being 100% clean and chemical free after a shower.

Overall if you have been wanting to try this product i do recommend it as it does remove makeup and seems to be good quality, and if you don't mind the feeling i'm referring to then you will love it.

I personally would rather give other face washes in their product line a try.

on 10/15/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found this to be drying....I also HATED the smell
Foaming cleansers never work for my sensitive/reactive skin and this cleanser was NO different

on 10/15/2015 5:53:00 PM

By far the best facial cleanser I have ever used. I use just a drop with my Clarisonic and it covers the stages perfectly. The scent is soothing and refreshing, my skin feels super clean but not shiny. Just sorry it took my so long to find this product. I had been using LancĂ´me cleanser and before that Origins checks and balances. I also had purchased the Clarisonic facial cleanser which I found to be dull with hardly and foam just blah and for the price expected more. Lately, I have found that Clarins products are excellent.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Perfect balance of clean yet soft feeling afterwards on / for my combination skin, (often on the oily side more, but dry in areas too)...(how fun huh?)...Anyways, I love the smell...my word Clarins' products smell great, so fresh! Since I only wear at the most BB Cream as a face make up, I cannot attest as to whether or not it removes foundation, but it really helps remove my bronzer, lipstick, eye make up etc. I like that it does not dry my skin out either. Will re-purchase & just suck up their higher price as it's such a perfect cleanser for my type of skin.

on 8/10/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Another favorite. I really have grown to like Clarins products and wonder why it took so long to try them. I like the way this foams and removes everything, leaves a clean feeling, but skin doesnt feel tight. It doenst seem to combat breakouts, but it does prevent them. i keep this in rotation of cleansers. Nice sudsing for 30s skin without being too drying.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Really love this cleanser! It cleans gently but effectively. My skin feels balanced, clear and soft. It also seems to calm my skin and doesnt leave it stripped or red. Love that it foams but doesn't dry my skin out, one of the only cleansers i've found that do this. Doesn't leave any residue and you only need a tiny bit as it last for ages. Not cheap, $47 in NZ but worth it.

I have pale combo skin, an oily t-zone but my cheeks can get quite dry/a bit red and irritated from harsh foaming cleansers. Have no issues with this cleanser, doesn't clog my pores, cause any irritation/break outs and doesn't dry my skin. Its also gentle enough to double cleanse when i feel i need it.

Only issue is i feel like it doesn't remove mineral powder very well, but i use a face wipe before cleansing on days i wear make up and this solves the problem.

HG.

on 7/13/2015 2:58:00 PM

Very nice, mild cleanser. I had been using baby wash on my face with my clairsonic, but for some reason I had irritation on my forehead and cheeks. Saleslady thought maybe not getting my face clean enough. I got this and immediately the problems lessened, and then after a week the irritation went away entirely.

Very mild, foams very well, and cleans very well but will not dry out your face. Extremely concentrated. A pea size amount will take off all your makeup, with clairsonic or hands. A little pricey but the extreme concentration of the product makes up for it. Will last a long time.

Smells pretty good. Not heavy and subsides quickly. Really happy I found it.

This is for more normal or a little dryer skins. If you have acne or really oily skin you may need a stronger cleanser.

I have been trying out many different types of cleansers for about three years now as my skin is quite oily and prone to breakouts. I feel as though all of the previous cleansers I have tried didn't quite remove all of my makeup and oil from my skin. This cleanser by Clarins however is different. I have never felt my skin feel so clean and pure before! However, it did leave my skin feeling a bit dry which is where my moisturizer came in and finished the job. I am confident to say that this product did the job. I do find it a bit pricey but a small amount goes a long way and the bottle lasts for a good few months. Smells great too!