Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Normal or Combination Skin

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed for Normal or Combination Skin
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Normal or CombiClarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Normal or Combi

4.1

Acqua/water/eau; glycerin; stearic acid; myristic acid; potassium hydroxide; dimethicone; lauric acid; sodium lauroyl sarcosinate; tipa-laureth sulfate; glyceryl behenate; glycol distearate; ozokerite; parfum/fragrance; proplylene glycol; tetrasodium edta; alpha-glucan oligosaccharide; polymnia sonchifolia root juice; maltodextrin; gossypium herbaceum (cotton) seed extract; gypsophila paniculata root extract; lactobacillus; potassium sorbate; methylchloroisothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; bht; benzyl salicylate; butylphenyl methylpropional; limonene; linalool; cl 77891/titanium dioxide

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't ever really review anything as 5 stars but this product is actually as advertised. It's quite good. I have sensitive combination skin with occasional breakouts and this has helped that a lot.

The first time I used this I saw a difference right away with my face looking cleaner, and especially the next morning, my skin was softer and cleaner looking and feeling. My complexion had evened out a bit. You can feel your clean skin with your hands, literally, while you're washing your face which is interesting. With continued use my skin has really improved... The little skin colored pimples on my forehead disappeared. I get less redness and breakouts too. And the only change I made was buying this instead of my other cleansers.

My skin does feel a little tight after washing my face with this, but that's why it's important to moisturise right after you clean your face and it wont be a problem. I live in cold climates and it works fine for me with my usual moisturiser.

The only issue which for me is a non issue is that the scent is literally like mens aftershave, so if you're not into that then this may be an issue. But the scent fades overnight so you wont smell like this actually.

on 8/10/2017 11:11:00 AM

I like this face wash, but it really does smell like the original pinesol. Every time I wash my face I feel like I'm mopping the floors lmao even my bf made a comment about it.
It's a nice product overall, u really only need a tiny bit for it to foam up and your skin feels super clean after, but the smell! If you're used to mopping your floors with pine sol you will know what I'm talking about lol

on 3/12/2017 4:52:00 PM

I practically never write reviews for products, but I was browsing reviews of other products and realized I should contribute too. I have been using this cleanser for 3+ years now. I used to have pretty bad acne on my face and while shopping for fancier, more heavy duty make-up at Nordstrom, a kind soul (who was willing to lose a sale!) in the Bobbi Brown section led me over to the Clarins consultant. The Clarins consultant saddled me with this, the chamomile toner, a moisturizer, foundation, and concealer. The other products were great, but after three years the only one I'm still using is this cleanser.

Obviously this cleanser alone hasn't cleared up my skin, good diet, managing stress, getting older, not wearing cheap foundations, and rarely wearing foundation anymore have all helped. But this cleanser is amazing. It's very gentle, but still foams. I find it gets all the dirt and make-up off easily. A little goes a long way too, so even though it's pricier it lasts a very very long time.

Couldn't recommend more!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was buying this cleanser for last 7 years because I have not found anything better, but I'll continue to search.
I have normal but very sensitive skin. My husband (who also use it for the same period of time) has also a normal skin.
Pros:
- doesn't irritate
- little goes the long way
- lather well
- really nice to use with Clarisonic brush

Cons:
- it doesn't clean the skin properly if used without Clarisonic brush (we both have a feeling that some product stays on skin after it been rinsed off)
- it does dry out the skin

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It dries me out. Smells like cheap laundry detergent too. I prefer the one with Shea butter.

This is a cream-to-foam lather. I like this cleanser alright - best for oily skin types. This is similar to Origins Checks and Balances. Much like the Origins cleanser, a small amount goes a long way. However, in contrast, I find this less drying than Origin's. There is a fragrance, which I cannot place, but it doesn't bother me. I read in other reviews that the fragrance is bothersome. Also, in another review there is a mention of residual feeling on the skin after washing. I have noticed it too - a slight feeling. I think this is meant to be the cottonseed extract - a balancing moisturizer perhaps? I prefer this one over the Origins one, but it's not a must for me.

on 10/15/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found this to be drying....I also HATED the smell
Foaming cleansers never work for my sensitive/reactive skin and this cleanser was NO different

I like this product, It smells nice and lasts forever since a tiny pea size drop goes a long way... Its also not as drying.

BUT my personal issue with this product is that it seems to leave a strange feeling on the skin once its washed off.. as if a layer of product remains on you skin. You can almost feel the film.
I don't like the thought of my face not being 100% clean and chemical free after a shower.

Overall if you have been wanting to try this product i do recommend it as it does remove makeup and seems to be good quality, and if you don't mind the feeling i'm referring to then you will love it.

I personally would rather give other face washes in their product line a try.

on 10/15/2015 5:53:00 PM

By far the best facial cleanser I have ever used. I use just a drop with my Clarisonic and it covers the stages perfectly. The scent is soothing and refreshing, my skin feels super clean but not shiny. Just sorry it took my so long to find this product. I had been using Lancôme cleanser and before that Origins checks and balances. I also had purchased the Clarisonic facial cleanser which I found to be dull with hardly and foam just blah and for the price expected more. Lately, I have found that Clarins products are excellent.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Perfect balance of clean yet soft feeling afterwards on / for my combination skin, (often on the oily side more, but dry in areas too)...(how fun huh?)...Anyways, I love the smell...my word Clarins' products smell great, so fresh! Since I only wear at the most BB Cream as a face make up, I cannot attest as to whether or not it removes foundation, but it really helps remove my bronzer, lipstick, eye make up etc. I like that it does not dry my skin out either. Will re-purchase & just suck up their higher price as it's such a perfect cleanser for my type of skin.