Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought one of these in a nude-pink when I first saw them a few years ago. I assume the reason they're still around is that people are mixing them with other products because on it's own it's the only product that's ever bled on me. Nasty goopy mess.
Also, this and a cream pigment I've got from OCC smells like melting crayons...or expired lipstick. Like really expired. I'm willing to attribute that to the fact that all OCC products are organic and vegan, but I don't personally care about that so much, and they fall short in all other areas too.

on 11/17/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I love the color of occ but I prefer long lasting lip color/sticks.

To Read all 65 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/17/2016 11:03:00 AM

I bought one of these in Fleshworld. The pigmentation is great but that's where the good points end. The smell is awful and it sticks around without fading much over time. The lipstick bleeds outside the lip worse than I've ever seen unless you try very hard to use the tiniest amount of product around the edges. A lip liner is pretty much a necessity. The product never fully dries down and will continually transfer through out the wear. I don't find that this feels nearly as drying as a lot of other liquid lipsticks but still, you can find a better quality long lasting lip product at the drug store for half the price.

on 9/27/2016 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've really tried to make this work, but I find this product impossible to use. It doesn't dry down, it stays extremely wet and slippery and running a huge risk of smearing all over - more so than any regular old lipstick. If blotted away the stain is very faint, uneven and weird-looking, and certainly not long-lasting. The smell is horrendously chemical and makes me feel uneasy about putting it on my lips at all. I even feel like my lips tingle a bit when using it, which I don't want to experience from a product unless it's specifically said to plump your lips. In this product it feels like a bad sign.

I have the shade called Grandma, described as a "clean classic coral" on the website. Weirdly enough, it looks a lot different in the bottle and on the lips, despite the clear bottle that I thought would give you a good idea about the shade. It's bright as hell, and I certainly wouldn't call that look neither clean nor classic.

It goes on extremely streaky on my lips, and when trying to touch up the patchy parts it just moves the lip tar around. Especially near the inside of my lips it just won't stick and it'll end up looking extremely weird and patchy already on application, not to mention after wearing it for a while. If I blot it off once and then go in with another layer it helps slightly, but it doesn't solve the problem in any way. My lips were exfoliated, smooth and moisturized when I put this on, but when I removed it mere hours later they were dry and flaky.

The only good thing I have to say about this product is that it's vegan and cruelty free. Other than that, it's just a straight up bad product.

on 8/3/2016 3:58:00 AM

I have this product in the shade Memento, which is a warm nude - a lovely mix of brown and pink. It's currently my most used lip product for both the finish and the colour.

The product is so pigmented(!!!) and the finish is quite glossy. The only problem I had with it was that it bled after a while, and I felt like a clown with the product smearing out of my lip lines. But I found a solution to it which ensures no bleeding and longer wear. I put one layer on and lightly press a tissue between my lips to remove the excess (especially on the edges of the lips). Then, I add another layer on but avoiding the edges of the lips. This lasted me a whole night through drinks and food.

I wouldn't say it's drying, but I wouldn't say it's moisturising either. I'm quite neutral with it and I think it depends on the state that your lips are in when you wear it. I absolutely love it though, and it makes for a nice natural look. I wear it every time I have a professional event going on. I'm looking forward to try the other shades because I love this one so much!

on 12/20/2015 6:04:00 PM

Pigment is great
Wears for a long time

Application is terrible
Doesn't dry so if your lips accidentally touch your clothes or hands it'll transfer
Lips starts to peal dry skin
Bleeds even with a lip pencil
Separates so easily after a little bit of time inside the bottle

This product isn't for me..

This is a funny product to work with. Funny not Fun...It seems people either love it or hate it. The positive is that the color payoff is the bomb. It's the best i've ever seen. I have the color META which looks like a bright red in the tube but it looked more like hot pink with a touch of red when I put it on. The color payoff was so great....it was almost too great. I don't usually wear super bright colors so this was hard for me to handle. I would call this club gloss because that's the only time I would wear it. You only need a tiny bit which is nice but I also found I had to have a gloss as well because it felt very drying.

on 1/11/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I honestly have mixed feelings on this product. I think it depends on which color you buy to be honest. This company seems to be inconsistent with their products. I bought the color Lydia from them which in the tube, seems to be a dark purple, but on my lips was a sheer light purple, darker pink. I had to apply the lip liner underneath and it still came of relatively quickly. I loved the colors though and decided to go and try one more color since I heard they were so amazing and I did get Lydia on a discount rack. I decided to by NSFW which is the MOST PERFECT RED OF MY LIFE. Its pigmented like crazy. I barely put any of it on a brush, did my whole lips and it stayed for a few hours. This one stayed VERY matte on me which I was not expecting since normally I heard lip tars never get fully matte but I was very excited with how much it stayed on my lips. I think with this product you just have to test them out, use little product to avoid feathering and staining in your mouth, and make sure you get it off the inside of your lips so it doesn't get all over your teeth. It may behard to find a good lip tar to work for you (and it may be a bit of an expensive adventure) but I whole heartedly think every one should try and find a bold color from OCC and wear it :).

on 12/15/2014 1:05:00 AM

this stuff is amazing. stays on--use a LITTLE and work with that, I swear thats the trick. I get so many compliments when wearing the bright shades, and it's the only lip color I've worn that still there after a long shift at work!

I bought the Role Model because i loved the shade of red. Was told it was a stain and would stain my lips to keep the color. WRONG. First applied the primer and waited 30 min for that to dry. Then applied the color and after an hour, it still wasn't dry. Blotted it and it was OK. But then after having a cup of coffee, it was completely gone.
Tried it again, minus the primer. Same effect. It DID NOT STAIN. What's the point in buying a product that you'll have to reapply in an hour if you should happen to drink something? And the little brush application, perfect if I'm at home or carry a make up bag with me everywhere i go. But I don't, so I'm screwed with reapplying the product.
Would NEVER buy it again and have told many friends this. They have also opted to not purchase any OCC Lip Tar