CLARINS Gentle Foaming Cleanser With Tamarind and Purifying Micro-Pearls

CLARINS Gentle Foaming Cleanser With Tamarind and Purifying Micro-Pearls
Gentle Foaming Cleanser With Tamarind and Purifying Micro-PearlsClarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Combination/OilyClarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser Combination/Oily

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycol Distearate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Tipa-Laureth Sulfate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Behenate, Ozokerite, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Mannitol, Propylene Glycol, Cellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Sodium Salicylate, Tartaric Acid, Maltodextrin, Tamarindus Indica Extract, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Triethyl Citrate, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Gypsophila Paniculata Root Extract, Lactobacillus, Potassium Sorbate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I always read reviews so I decided to start doing the same too as it could benefit someone. I’m African and my skin is hypersensitive plus acne prone. I’ve got to say save yourself the money and go for something like neutrogena(way cheaper). This cleanser leaves my skin feeling squeaky but not squeaky clean. I haven’t really broken out from it cause I’m still using my dermalogica face lotion which works really well. The price for what the product delivers isn’t worth it! I guess it’s just the brand

on 10/8/2018 10:55:00 PM

This is an okay cleanser. It has a creamy texture, with little blue beads/particles (i don't know for what, though). The packing says foaming, but there is not much of that. It has a mostly creamy, lathering, texture - almost like shaving cream. I am not a fan of this cleanser, as i find it a little irritating and drying to my skin (though it supposed to be for my skin type, normal-oily/combination skin). I don't advise using it around the eye area, either. Most irritating to it. I have no plans to repurchase this. However, i am finding that a little amount goes a long way. So, while it is expensive per bottle, one can get good value from it, if used judiciously. I do like that the tube is clear and easy to squeeze/press product out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been this cleanser every morning in the shower for years now while in the evenings I have various cleansers which I rotate. However when I travel and need to pick just one cleanser to take with me, this is it. It leaves a nice clean feeling to my skin without drying it too much and has a pleasant smell. Love it!

on 2/6/2018 10:56:00 PM

Only need the tiniest bit to take off all my make up. I feel it is helping with my hormonal acne. Washes off all my eye make up. Will last awhile which is awesome.

on 4/19/2017 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product for oily skin. My t-zone has never been so tame and matte. I follow with toner after and natural coconut oil for hydration (a small amount on the t-zone it's mostly for my drier cheeks). The soap does make my skin a little tight so that's why I use coconut oil. I use it once a week with my clearasonic( or on occaison when I feel I need it), and it's been great so far. I alternate products when I'm done with one bottle but this will last much longer as just a small amount provides enough lather and beads. With one squirt I can cleanse my face, behind ears, neck , chest And upper back, my skin feels great once toned and moisturized, better than all other soaps I've used.
I put 3 for packaging because I purchased toner and soap and, 2 more products from clarins, it was a little annoying to unbox all those one by one. Also packaging is pretty but half of us don't recycle, I try to recycle and am disgusted by what a waste packaging causes.

on 11/27/2016 12:03:00 AM

Foams really well and I use this with my clarisonic. I would say this is quite similar to the shisedo Pureness foam cleanser. I do find that you need to remove your make up first with either a cleansing oil or another cleanser as this will not completely remove your make up even though I'm not a heavy make up user.

I have always suffered from oily skin and moving to Dubai has only increased the oil due to the heat and humidity.

A small amount lathers up well but the micro beads are so few that I hardly feel them on my face. After rinsing my skin feels really clean, clear and fresh.

This is definitely a cleanser for oily skin as any other skin type would end up feeling tight. I would recommend this for those who suffer with all day shine problems!

pros:
gets rid of basic daily make-up
no strong pungent chemical or fragrance smell
lathers very well and feels soft and smooth on skin

cons:
slightly drying for me (I need to use a toner within 10 mins or my skin feels dry!)
price (but isn't too bad since you don't need much per use as it spreads well)

verdict:
best for oily skin, not for those with dehydrated and or dry skin
you can also alternate using this only at night or once in two days (which is what I do)

would I purchase again?
not sure, I'm sad that the bottle is emptying but it's not my HG - there are better (and worse) cleansers out there. if it's on sale or a sample is up for grabs, I'll probably take it though.

This cleanser really dries out my skin, in a bad way. It causes much dehydration and acne prones plus red patches (very very dry area) all over my face!

Definitely not a good one for me.

on 1/8/2016 9:05:00 PM

I love this product! I'm on my third bottle. I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and this suits me very well. The only downside is the tube packaging. I hate it. There are many products left but i cant take it out anymore. And for the price maybe its a lil bit expensive but its worth for sure!