Pure Anada Natural Mascara

Pure Anada Natural Mascara

4.9

Aqua (Water), Oryza Sativa Wax (Rice Bran Wax), Olea Europea fruit oil (Olive Oil), Vegetable Source Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Coernica Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Wax), Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Gum, Shellac, Black Iron oxide (CI 77499), Cyclopentasiloxane, Aminomethyl Popandiol (Ph Adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative). 97% natural ingredients (sourced from nature)

on 1/6/2018 11:56:00 PM

Fantastic and inexpensive natural, vegan mascara. I have the brown which is a cool dark brown. I don't think it looks much different from black on the lashes, but is softer. Applies smoothly and can be built up with several coats. Minimal clumping. Nice natural-looking lengthening. No smudging and minimal flaking after 10+ hours on me. Does not irritate my sensitive eyes. My eyes are a bit watery and this doesn't seem to run (I only apply to the upper lashes), although it's not waterproof so I'm assuming it would run if I cried went out in the rain without an umbrella. On the plus side it comes off with just water and my microfibre cloth.

Truthfully I have always hated mascara despite liking how it looks. But this product is the first one I enjoy enough to wear everyday. The only negative I have heard about it is that it can dry up fast (I haven't experienced this yet myself having only had it a few weeks). I've read adding a few eye drops or a little aloe vera gel to dried mascara can help. The company offers a mascara program where you get a new tube every 3 months (no discount but free shipping). I think I will sign up.

I have used at least 4 tubes of this mascara and have gifted it to friends as well. They have changed the packaging and brush from the original which has made the application a bit lighter and more precise. The new narrower slightly curved brush allows you to easily get to the roots of the lashes and corners of the eyes. It holds less product than the original brush so more sweeps are necessary to get the volume you may desire. The original packaging tended to get goopy around the opening very quickly so this is much nicer. This mascara is ONE OF THE BEST "natural" mascaras out there. The formula is lovely and dark and adds volume and length. The brush separates and applies the product nicely. It stays put and I have not had any issues with flaking or smudging throughout long days of wear. A beautiful mascara made in Canada by a homegrown Canadian company! Will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 10/23/2016 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

My mascara search is over :) I've been on a quest to find a natural beauty line that delivers a performing mascara without nasty chemicals and testing on animals. After spending double the price on lines from Sephora like Tarte etc. I stubbled across this on Well.ca and I will continue to repurchase.
The formula is a rich black, nice and fluid, super buildable and doesn't drag down my curl.
I use 2-3 coats. It rarely clumps, last all day without smudging, has a nice rich color, adds length and volume is I add enough coats. It comes off clean at the end of the day with my regular cleanser.
The best part is the price, it's under $14 CAD. You can get it on sale at Well for $12 sometimes :)
Here is the list of ingredients:
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Oryza Sativa Wax (Rice Bran Wax), Olea Europea fruit oil (Olive Oil), Vegetable Source Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Coernica Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Wax), Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Gum, Black Iron oxide (CI 77499), Aminomethyl Popandiol (Ph Adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best vegan mascara I have used. It doesn't flake but I do find it smudges very easily if I accidentally rub my eye or something. It doesn't clump which is great. I typically use only one coat.

on 4/17/2016 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly black
Not too dry/ wet (not smudging or flakes)
Dries but not crunchy lashes
Lengthens and volumizes
Lengthens in 1-2 coats
Volumizes in 2-4 coats
Build able w/o clumping
Can be used as a liquid liner with a brush
Long lasting (12 hrs easily)

on 1/28/2015 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I recently came across Pure Anada's website and was intrigued. Especially because it's Canadian. I tried this mascara in black and was pleasantly surprised. Minimal clumping. Gives my lashes length and fullness. I apply two coats. No irritation at all. I had one or two tiny flakes near the end of the day. It also comes in blue and brown. Costs is $14.00 Canadian dollars. Definitely would repurchase. :)

on 10/4/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm so impressed with this mascara! It lengthens and thickens and doesn't drop the curl in my lashes. It barely clumps, doesn't smudge and wears well. It also removes easily and the olive oil in the product seems to condition the lashes a bit. Add to that a nice, simplistic ingredient list, minimal preservatives (no parabens or formaldehyde releasers) and the fact that it's made in Canada-what's not to love?

It usually retails for around $14 a tube but it sometimes goes for sale on certain websites.
I would absolutely repurchase and recommend this mascara.

I agree totally with AudB's review of this mascara. It's a great mascara, natural or not. It thickens nicely, but isn't too clumpy, lengthens a bit, isn't irritating, and it somehow manages to be both water-resistant yet easy to wash off. I'm on my third tube and I'll be repurchasing!

on 5/15/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm loving the products from Pure Anada (see my reviews for foundation & eyeshadow). This mascara is no exception. I am very picky about mascara because it always seems to run, smudge and flake on me. I have been using L'Oreal Beauty Tubes for its staying power even though I dislike the application.

Pure Anada Natural Mascara sells for $14 CDN, and only comes in black. It is a deep black, but not the blackest mascara I've ever tried. It goes on easily and is easy to build up coats for more volume and length. A simple one coat application gets me natural looking lashes with some added length (necessary for my short lashes) and some volume. Two or three coats get me some evening drama.

This mascara really lives up its promises. It lasts all day (usually I put it on at 8am, take it off around 11:30pm) and it does NOT smudge or run. I can sometimes count two or three tiny flakes at the end of the day. That's really good for a regular mascara, but for a natual mascara, that is amazing!

The formula is paraben-free, gluten-free and mercury-free. I will add the ingredient list to this review if you want to see the whole list. It isn't 100% all natural ingredients, but the company says it is 97% natural. It is also PH balanced, so for someone who can't wear mascara because it stings their eyes, this would be a very good mascara to try.

I would definitely buy this again. It has become my everyday mascara. In fact, when this tube runs out, I'm going to sign up for their auto-ship option on this mascara.