Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup

Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup

2.8

(Active Ingredients : Octinoxate 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 9.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isostearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isocetyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Triethanolamine, Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl Stearate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Saccharomyces/Podophyllum Peltatum Ferment Filtrate, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Phytosphingosine, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Cholesterol, Alumina, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Steareth-21, Steareth-2, Methicone, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides) [May 2011 - first formulation]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I found mine on double deep discount at Walgreens. So it was cheap. A backup bottle was purchased on eBay for about $7, so I think it's discontinued.

I purchased this because I needed something to lighten up my Estee Lauder Double Wear, as it was far too light for the summer.

This actually is a good stand alone. I can't recall the shade, but it's a light/medium and it wears pretty well. It builds and it's not bad in an AC'd office. Though I've had to march around different locations at a previous job and though I sweated, I was still able to just dab it with a tissue and work past the "glow" without it moving around.

The nice thing is that it builds, which is great. It works best over a moisturizer or a primer.

For the price point, I can't say I'm unhappy with this one. It's pretty nice and I will try out more Revlon. I like the trickle down to DS makeup that other brands are driving, though when this first came out the $15 price point did turn me off, I don't know why.

buying new makeup is always a struggle for me, I have a habit of picking the wrong colors, the wrong formulas so when my last foundation was near the bottom I knew I HAD to make the trip to CVS and pick up a new one,, figured I'd try something new, hate to get stuck in a "makeup rut" I'm 43 and knock on wood so far am blessed with soft youthful looking skin but I do take care of it and with a little vanity I like products that help me hide or reverse the bit of aging I am starting to show.. I have the DNA powder it's almost all and I haven't had any problems with that so I thought I'd grab the DNA foundation.. I'm a pale blue eyed person with a naturally bright sort of skin tone,, picked up the lightest shade .. the pump is nice,, went on ok but the shade sort of dulled my face instead of illuminating it like the bottle said it was supposed to,, I'm sort of naturally luminous..lol and it really just totally dulled it.. I headed out for the night and it was actually quite cold out but my face felt like it was humid out... it had that nasty rain forest summer feeling .. I don't like things so matte that they show every line but I certainly wasn't looking for something so greasy as this.. and so the search for a new foundation continues!

To Read all 92 Reviews, Login or Join

This foundation isn't particularly special

I wish that I had read the reviews first before purchasing this product and using it. I live in an incredibly humid place (Houston) and this foundation took forever to dry. It did not make it through the day.

I thought that I would try it on a less humid day and the results were better but still not enough to warrant buying it again. It has a strange odor and I could smell it on my face. I sometimes wondered if others could smell it too when they came to my desk at work. I just do not have time for a foundation that slips and slides around on my face even though I do require something a tad moisturizing. I have had better success with other Revlon foundations but this one receives a thumbs down.

The one positive that I DID like about this product is the pump. I know others do not like it but I can control how much comes out and it just seems to be more sanitary than a bottle that opens.

on 10/30/2013 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First of all, the "glitter" previous reviewers mention, must come from their moisturizer, it certainly isn't in this foundation. (Silica) Anyway, I am 61 with a good complexion, but lots of spider veins on cheeks. Very hard for me to get the color that really blends on my skin tone. Bare Buff, or Nude beige works well, but not in every brand or formulation. Revlon Age defying with DNA in bare buff is perfect. It goes on well with good coverage but not chalky or dry or shiny, very natural. Covers well but not like a "pancake". Still need concealer for dark areas in corner of eyes. I live in Tampa, humid heat, and this foundation has lasted all day and better than Loreal True match and Femme Couture Get Flawless. (neither of which had a good color match). I always end up back with Revlon. I used their "new complexion" until I could not find it anymore.

on 10/16/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've got dry skin with rosy cheeks due to chemo and just plain old age. I have tried almost every foundation (and green concealer) out there to just even out my skin tone; moisturize a bit and not emphasize my wrinkles.
This is pretty good. Especially for a drugstore brand. I'm a Medium Beige and it matches my skin perfectly and you can't even tell I have something on. It moisturizes and sinks in quickly so no complaints there. It doesn't rub off, doesn't seem to slide or grease up in the extreme heat and doesn't sink into my wrinkles.
I see no glitter; NONE - maybe they've changed the formula? Or maybe here in Australia, they knew it wouldn't sell? But my bottle is matte and not a speck of glitter.
I hate the packaging though - gimmicky and pointless. I'll join the chorus who just wish companies would put their foundations in a tube.

on 9/27/2013 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Where do I begin... Let's start with the formula. Apparently there are sparkles in this foundation that I was unaware of until I put it on my face. Not good. I looked like I was ready to join the Cullen crew. I don't understand the logic behind this even being called an "age defying" foundation when, despite only 2 ingredients listed, there is sparkle/glitter that would only bring attention to any fine lines and pores you may have. Even worse is the fact that when you take off the foundation, the sparkle/glitter remains.

I was also unimpressed with the coverage and the texture of this formula is (as many have described before me) greasy. It seems like it separates (and I shook it well). Keep in mind, I have normal/dry skin so I can appreciate a formula that is hydrating, but this is not something that works for me at all.

One thing I like about the product is the packaging because it has a pump. While I do not like this foundation, I think I may be able to clean and re-use the pump on another liquid foundation. This product also has no smell (at least to me) which is a plus.

The thing that really made me vow to never, ever use this product again is the fact that it breaks me out... REALLY bad! And I do not have acne-prone skin or super sensitive skin, it's relatively normal and no problems other than some areas with large pores and hormonal breakouts every now and then. I'm not sure if other people have had this problem with this foundation, but use at your own risk.

Unfortunately, this foundation was a HUGE miss that I would never recommend. I wouldn't even give this stuff away.

I uploaded some pictures so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.

The color was great, almost an exact match but it was so greasy, It slid right off of my face within and hour. My husband even asked me why I was sweating haha. I'm sure it would work for someone with very dry skin but definitely not for me. I have combo skin and T-zone gets a little bit oily by the end of the day, I can usually just use a little powder and it's fine but I couldn't powder away the shine from this makeup...

on 8/19/2013 9:17:00 PM

Awful awful awful! As others have said here, "the worst makeup I've ever used". Sooo true. It's like they made it for little girls. It's full of glitter, is goopy, greasy and doesn't blend well. Not only that but it's super shiny and it smells like chemicals. I regretted getting it almost immediately after I tried it.

on 8/19/2013 9:01:00 PM

This is some of the worst makeup I ever used. I tried switching to something else because Clinique is so expensive. This stuff feels like I have smeared my face with Crisco, makes me break out and has very little buy way of coverage. Never again, even if I had to go without.