Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup

Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup
Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream MakeupAge Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup

2.8

(Active Ingredients : Octinoxate 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 9.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Isostearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isocetyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Triethanolamine, Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl Stearate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Saccharomyces/Podophyllum Peltatum Ferment Filtrate, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Phytosphingosine, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Cholesterol, Alumina, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Steareth-21, Steareth-2, Methicone, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides) [May 2011 - first formulation]

on 9/8/2017 8:39:00 PM

I'm so sad this has been discontinued! This has been a great foundation for my fair/light dry skin. I use Bare Buff and it is the perfect shade. Not too heavy, provides decent coverage and is very buildable. I think I'm going to take my last bottle to Sephora to see if they can match the shade and formula with something else. How come every time I find a foundation that actually matches my skin tone and really works well it gets discontinued? Boo :(

on 5/7/2017 5:52:00 PM

I loved the way this looked on my face, but the next day I noticed a couple painful acne showing up. I thought maybe it was this serum I started the same day so to test it I cut the foundation off, the acne I had cleared by quite a bit. So I'm thinking this is what's caused it although it had such a nice blending power and it was beautiful. I would recommend this to the people with drier skin, I will wait until winter as I have drier skin then. Also, this sat into my laugh lines and I don't really have laugh lines yet. So I would not really recommend this for mature skin either. I think a person with dry skin would benefit from this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was immediately excited about this foundation's hybrid cream/mousse texture and the fact that it comes in a pump. However, it did not cover my blemishes nor did it adhere evenly to my combination skin, despite its promise of being medium-to-full coverage. I tried applying it with my kabuki brush as well as my fingers, but no luck. A few hours later, I caught sight of my face in the mirror and realized that the foundation had oxidized throughout the day! Back to the drugstore it goes.

on 10/22/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am surprised at all the negative reviews here. Yes, if you have oily skin and seek a matte foundation avoid, but for a hydrating, luminous foundation, it's great! For me it provides medium coverage and is very moisturizing. My skin is dry and has some hyper-pigmentation blotches, so this is ideal. The texture is truly lovely. It is soooo creamy and blendable, very luxurious feeling. In fact, it's what I hoped LM Creme Smooth Foundation would be. The LM failed and the Revlon succeeded. For application, I blend like a moisturizer with my fingers, as well as using a good sponge such as the BB around my eyes and areas I want to control he coverage. Some people have noticed shimmers. I thought they were imagining it until I looked closely, and yes indeed there are tiny shimmer particles. This comes from the Tio2 probably. Anyway, I really don't notice it and think it overall gives the finish more dimension. If you are shimmer-phobic, don't buy this. The finish is indeed moist, though not tacky looking. Sometimes I leave as is, and sometimes I use a finishing powder. But that's just personal taste. I use over SS with no problem. The active ingredients in this boast spf 20, however this isn't one of the strong points IMO because it really only gives UVB protection at best. I am NW10 and the lightest shade, Fresh Ivory, works ok for me, though it is a tad yellow. I wish Revlon made a more pink/porcelain hued shade of this. Even with the shade somewhat off, I find myself reaching for this as it is still light enough to look natural, especially during the summer when I have some color. I would prefer a more tasteful looking bottle, but the pump packaging works, so no big complaints. It is about $15.00 at full price usually, which is a lot for d/s makeup, however it out performs many h/e brands, so it is worth it. Have repurchased twice.
Edit: Will no longer repurchase due to the fact that the lightest shade just doesn't match nw10 (too yellow). Would be great for nc10. It's a great product, but no shade match for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I found mine on double deep discount at Walgreens. So it was cheap. A backup bottle was purchased on eBay for about $7, so I think it's discontinued.

I purchased this because I needed something to lighten up my Estee Lauder Double Wear, as it was far too light for the summer.

This actually is a good stand alone. I can't recall the shade, but it's a light/medium and it wears pretty well. It builds and it's not bad in an AC'd office. Though I've had to march around different locations at a previous job and though I sweated, I was still able to just dab it with a tissue and work past the "glow" without it moving around.

The nice thing is that it builds, which is great. It works best over a moisturizer or a primer.

For the price point, I can't say I'm unhappy with this one. It's pretty nice and I will try out more Revlon. I like the trickle down to DS makeup that other brands are driving, though when this first came out the $15 price point did turn me off, I don't know why.

buying new makeup is always a struggle for me, I have a habit of picking the wrong colors, the wrong formulas so when my last foundation was near the bottom I knew I HAD to make the trip to CVS and pick up a new one,, figured I'd try something new, hate to get stuck in a "makeup rut" I'm 43 and knock on wood so far am blessed with soft youthful looking skin but I do take care of it and with a little vanity I like products that help me hide or reverse the bit of aging I am starting to show.. I have the DNA powder it's almost all and I haven't had any problems with that so I thought I'd grab the DNA foundation.. I'm a pale blue eyed person with a naturally bright sort of skin tone,, picked up the lightest shade .. the pump is nice,, went on ok but the shade sort of dulled my face instead of illuminating it like the bottle said it was supposed to,, I'm sort of naturally luminous..lol and it really just totally dulled it.. I headed out for the night and it was actually quite cold out but my face felt like it was humid out... it had that nasty rain forest summer feeling .. I don't like things so matte that they show every line but I certainly wasn't looking for something so greasy as this.. and so the search for a new foundation continues!

This foundation isn't particularly special

I wish that I had read the reviews first before purchasing this product and using it. I live in an incredibly humid place (Houston) and this foundation took forever to dry. It did not make it through the day.

I thought that I would try it on a less humid day and the results were better but still not enough to warrant buying it again. It has a strange odor and I could smell it on my face. I sometimes wondered if others could smell it too when they came to my desk at work. I just do not have time for a foundation that slips and slides around on my face even though I do require something a tad moisturizing. I have had better success with other Revlon foundations but this one receives a thumbs down.

The one positive that I DID like about this product is the pump. I know others do not like it but I can control how much comes out and it just seems to be more sanitary than a bottle that opens.

on 10/30/2013 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First of all, the "glitter" previous reviewers mention, must come from their moisturizer, it certainly isn't in this foundation. (Silica) Anyway, I am 61 with a good complexion, but lots of spider veins on cheeks. Very hard for me to get the color that really blends on my skin tone. Bare Buff, or Nude beige works well, but not in every brand or formulation. Revlon Age defying with DNA in bare buff is perfect. It goes on well with good coverage but not chalky or dry or shiny, very natural. Covers well but not like a "pancake". Still need concealer for dark areas in corner of eyes. I live in Tampa, humid heat, and this foundation has lasted all day and better than Loreal True match and Femme Couture Get Flawless. (neither of which had a good color match). I always end up back with Revlon. I used their "new complexion" until I could not find it anymore.

on 10/16/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've got dry skin with rosy cheeks due to chemo and just plain old age. I have tried almost every foundation (and green concealer) out there to just even out my skin tone; moisturize a bit and not emphasize my wrinkles.
This is pretty good. Especially for a drugstore brand. I'm a Medium Beige and it matches my skin perfectly and you can't even tell I have something on. It moisturizes and sinks in quickly so no complaints there. It doesn't rub off, doesn't seem to slide or grease up in the extreme heat and doesn't sink into my wrinkles.
I see no glitter; NONE - maybe they've changed the formula? Or maybe here in Australia, they knew it wouldn't sell? But my bottle is matte and not a speck of glitter.
I hate the packaging though - gimmicky and pointless. I'll join the chorus who just wish companies would put their foundations in a tube.