CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.8

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love love love. Price is great for Chanel, everything about the formula is amazing and smells great. Wish it was a little darker but definitely a staple in my makeup.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the best bronzer I have ever owned. You can not go wrong with it even if you are so bad at blending, this will blend by itself and it has such a nice subtle warmth. I paid a good amount for this, but regardless; it lasts a long time. I've had mine for a year and it has barely scratched the surface. Of course I only really use it for occasions but it's just so good. It stays on all day, it doesn't get blotchy or orange. It's just the best bronzer ever. ever.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This bronzer is very good. It is a big container with an ounce of product. This bronzer is very creamy and just blends well with my olive tone skin. I am very apprehensive on buying brozers because other bronzers that I have used that are all the hype on Youtube are powdery and some of them look ashy. Ay Ay Ay! They just do not compare with the quality of this product. It looks and feels buttery on the skin and does not look muddy. From the few bronzers I have this is the best one so far.

on 3/17/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Over the moon with my Soleil tan de Chanel. When it first arrived I was slightly unsure if whether or not to keep it, as there looks like there is very little product in the tub! However as i have started using it I have realised that a little goes a long way. I have been using mine for about 1 month and only a small amount has been used. Highly recommend this product definitely worth the money!

on 11/15/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. Don't really have much else to say...its amazing. It is very versatile and generally is one of my favourite makeup products. Considering it is Chanel, it is quite a good price..... Many other makeup products are equally, if not more expensive and are not the same high quality as this bronzer - so, happy to buy this for this price. It can be used as a bronzer (not as much for contouring because its quite warm toned), or a base -this is what I use it for.

It is a mousse, so for a natural look, you need to be careful to not apply too much product. An amazing tip I learnt from youtube is: you put a little bit of moisturiser (half a pea size) onto the actual bronzer (don't worry, initially I wasn't comfortable doing this - but it's fine), then swirl it around with your brush, and it just applies much easier onto the face. Because it is mixed with the moisturiser, it applies on a thinner layer, easier to blend it, and it looks very natural...Not that without the moisturiser it does't do this!! It just makes it a lot easier!

I never thought that by looking at this product in the container that it would work on my olive medium skin tone without looking orangey. It's probably the most deceitful product in that you can't appreciate the effects until you apply it to your face. I had been using TooFaced Chocolate Soleil Matte bronzing powder previously and was unable to find this at a local counter. The last SA at a semi-local counter laughed when I asked if they had it in stock.
I had to order it online via Nordstrom. I am SO glad i did. This product really is amazing. It's essentially a cream formula of Hourglass Radiant IF HG was more pigmented. In terms of flattering and perfecting the skintone its very similar. I'm a huge fan of the HG ambient lighting powders.

This is easily buildable mostly depending on what brush you use. I prefer the MAC 187 duo-fibre brush to provide a very airbrushed appearance without depositing too much product at once. Based on the very dense quality of this product, I think this one container will last at least a year. It cost 48.00 USD if memory serves and I would most definitely buy a replacement if it disappeared etc. I think most fans of the product would pay twice it's sticker price if they marked it up that much.

The texture is perfect, it just glides smoothly over the skin giving it the most glow, bronzed natural healthy finish. It has a faint but pleasant smell that reminds me of suntan lotion. In a good way- faintly coconutty/aloe based. I will never be without this product having been spoiled now. It really is that good.

on 4/25/2015 6:20:00 PM

This stuff is Amazing!

I bought this a year ago and I still have a good few months left, and I use it pretty much everyday.

A little goes a long long way, it has a subtle glow like you have come back from a week in the sun.

It's light and creamy with little sparkle so it doesn't look like you have a disco ball face.
It highlights and contours without having to work in to the skin loads.

I was reluctant at first buying this because of the price tag but because it's so good I will have no hesitation buying it again.

It never looks cakey or orange and the creme is a really nice texture on the skin. You can wear this without foundation for a day look and with foundation aswell, but I wouldn't go over board when using with foundation a little definitely goes a long way!

I have combination skin, never ever dries my skin or makes it excessively oily which is one of the only products that I find a really good balance.

This will stay in my makeup bag forever!

on 3/1/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So worth the money because you'll never finish it, best bronzer ever

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was a product that was on my shopping list as pending for so long. I was never on the fence so much with a product than I was with this bronzer. I finally bought it and I'm very happy with it. I am extremely picky when it comes with bronzer. So many qualites I look for in a bronzer: 1. Tone 2. Color Depth 3. Finish 4. Ingredients 5. Staying Power & 6. Formulation. I haven't truly found a bronzer that scored a perfect 10 in all six categories. I've tried ALL of the popular bronzers such as Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, NARS Laguna, Benefit Hoola, most of Physicans Formula, MUFE, MAC, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and most drugstore bronzers. The two main reasons why I was so on the fence with this particular bronzer was 1. Cream based and 2. Palomino's review. I have very oily skin so I would be insane to buy a cream based bronzer. Also, nothing worse than an orange toned bronzer >_< THE WORST! After reading Palomino's review, I pretty much made up my mind. But, Palomino and I are completely different skin tones so I checked out You Tube reviews on this bronzer by people with darker skin tones and came across YAZMakeUpArtist. YAZ sold me on it! For people with deeper medium skin tones to dark skin, this bronzer is SUBTLE and you need to build it. But, it builds up very naturally and I didn't find it orange at all on my NC40 Olive skin. All pros with this bronzer and for being such an outstanding quality bronzer, it is worth the fifty bucks.
PACKAGING: 1oz Large flat round container that is clear and a black screw top cap with the gold Chanel logo on top.
PROS: 1. Even though this is a cream based bronzer, it did not fade, crease or melt off my very oily skin. It didn't appear greasy on the skin either. It just looked natural. 2. It will last for hours without fading away. I did set this with a setting powder though. 3. It has a matte finish! YES, truly matte no shimmers! 4. Natural tone for darker skin tones. Doesn't appear orange. 5. Doesn't clog pores or cause berakouts. 6. Builds up for desired pigmentation without looking cakey or obvious.
CONS: None
TIP: I use the ELF Small Stippling brush with this bronzer for contouring.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I heard so much about this product, I had to run to Harvey Nichols asap to get my own! I do think the formula of this product is perfect, especially over (or under as suggested by Chanel) a paticulary dewy foundation/bb cream (I wear Mac Prep + Prime in dark) but I imagine this would be more noticable, yet not too heavy, on fairer skin... it kind of blends into my skin tone and becomes almost invisible. I must admit, the packaging is a beauty so I do love to look at it but maybe I will have to save this for winter months when I'm naturally lighter. I'm Mac NC35 in my Pro Longwer, so if you are the same or darker, hmm maybe not for us! Beautiful product though, well done Chanel...