CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 10/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

Answering that last question, I'm not sure if I'll ever run out of this huge tub! Anyway, I can see why this is a cult classic. Just purchased last week and it's already part of my morning routine. It's goof proof and adds a subtle warmth and 'glow' to the skin. I'm an NC20 and can see this working all year round. I do agree that the large jar size makes this a bit impractical for travel, but will make room for it as it's that good. So far have applied only with a Kabuki brush--'C' shape from forehead to cheekbones, top of nose and under chin for sculpting. It's lovely stuff.

on 4/8/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this product.... I suppose it does what it's supposed to do (bronze the skin) but I'm not in love with it. It's a dry-ish cream - almost like a baked, creamy powder - if that makes sense) - so on my dry, pale skin it's a little hard to apply. I scoop a little chunk with my fingernail and mix it with my Nivea moisturizer in my palm, then I pat and smooth it all over my already pre-moisturized skin. On top of that, I add smudges of the straight bronzer (not diluted with moisturizer) to my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin to add a bit more color. That seems to do the trick. It's a yellow-y, brown-y tint which I was a little concerned wouldn't appear natural or look good on my skin but it does. (I'm a NW20, for reference). It just seems like a lot of work for something that's so expensive. On the plus side, it does look smooth and not blotchy. It makes my skin look flawless!

I don't think it's a bad product - I just think it's a bad product for me. If you have a darker skin tone than mine, and skin that's not quite so dry, and you're looking for a multi-tasking bronzer (I could see this working on someone's lips too), this would be a good investment. For me, I'm going to use up this jar and move on to something else.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I use it more as a base and contour to give my skin some definition and it is just wow.. it is very expensive but will last forever and is such a great product. It is very creamy and really easy to blend. Its a great colour that doesnt look like you have chucked mud all over your face. Would definately repurchase this!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice bronzer. Some have commented that it makes one appear orange. I think if you have a slight yellow or orange undertone to your skin, like I do, it works. But if you have any pink or red in your skin, it probably will contrast too much. Maybe.

First I use a slightly tinted BB cream which acts like a primer and moisturiser and then I put the bronzer on. It actually looks natural as I have tan skin in summer anyway (not on purpose, I wear spf 50 but I have gotten darker with age, weird). I can see how this might not be as flattering in winter, but we will see.

on 7/13/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this in first year of college and have just had to repurchase now three years later! I used this very regularly so it lasts for ages! This is a must have for me, I use it to add a warm glow on holidays. In my regular makeup I use it as a light contour and layer a powder over it. It blends perfectly and is one of my favourite makeup products.

on 12/24/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ah-mazing product! Perfect bronzed colour, great blendability and gorgeous packaging. It's quite pricey, but for the amount of product you get and need to use for each application it will last you a couple of years.
Overall, worth the splurge.

on 10/26/2015 8:48:00 AM

This is a bronzing base, not a proper bronzer, and I think it is the best choice for those who (like me) are not very skillful or trained at make-up and are searching for something natural-looking. I've bought numerous bronzers during the years that I hardly ever used, because I couldn't use them properly. They never looked good on me because I couldn't blend them in. I know I could have bought brushes and watched tutorials, but I don't want to put so much effort in make-up. This Chanel bronzing base is excellent for me, because I can use it with my fingers, and it blends in perfectly. My skin is quite fair, but I think even for me it would be very hard to overuse it and make a clowny look. I generally use it with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 (Beige Rose), and find this a great combination.

on 8/5/2015 5:09:00 PM

I have very pale skin so I was slightly sceptical when I was first introduced to this product as there isn't a variety of shades but being an extreme makeup enthusiast/hoarder I just couldn't resist-very glad that I didn't! I use it for light, everyday contouring and it's beeeautiful! Very natural, lightweight and extremely easy to blend and work with! Gives a certain luminosity to the skin, a lovely glow! However I wouldn't recommend it for an extreme/nighttime contour!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Very over hyped on social media, not something you need, unless you are really into cream bronzers,

on 3/19/2015 3:30:00 PM

This is my second bulky jar. The first one lasted me 2 1/2 years. This product is perfect for bringing life back into my mature and dull skin. Foolproof bronzing and contouring. I will apply on the hollows of my cheeks, temples and under my jaw for contouring. I will even use it in the crease when I am in a hurry. I like to apply it with my real techniques contour brush. The effect is subtle, it disappears into my fair to medium skin. Downsides for me is brush-hair is sitting in this beautiful product, and not travel friendly.