CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by eye Color : Black
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I probably reach for this product more than anything else in my makeup stash -- even foundation! Bare skin or full face, I always dab a little bit of Soleil Tan de Chanel on. It adds the perfect amount of warmth to the skin and has a consistency that blends into the most natural finish.

The formula is moussey and a little bit creamy, and very forgiving. It's kind of that perfect place between a gel and a cream, and you can basically sheer this out as much as you would like. Pigmentation is light but not insubstantial. It has color, but it blends out subtlely. It is buildable. On the skin, this feels light and nonexistent. If I'm not wearing other base makeup, it's easy to forget I even have bronzer on!

This doesn't work for me as a contour, and I only contour once in a blue moon, anyways. I've seen people with pale complexions use this for some light chiseling, but I only use this to add warmth to my face where some sun exposure would naturally tan me -- and I add warmth every day as long as I leave the house to some capacity. If I'm skipping the heavy eyeshadow or eyeliner, I also use this to warm up my eyelids and bring my whole look together. Here's basically what I do:

Using my fingers, I 'scoop' a tiny bit out (like a generous swatch where there just a little extra sticking to your fingers) and then I dab most of the bronzer on the bridge of my nose and along the tops of my cheeks, concentrating most of the bronzer in that cheek area right by my nose. Basically, if you've ever used blackhead strips, I dab the bronzer in that general area, but maybe a little further out as well. And then I just blend it out with a tapered brush without worrying too much about keeping within any boundaries. The formula is pretty foolproof and totally forgiving. It would take some serious work to mess up. Any remainder, I'll blend along my forehead and chin. If I'm doing eyes, I'll just dip my ring fingers and then tap it all over my lids. And honestly, I'll just rub this on wherever else I'm feeling that day, as well.

I can't picture my routine without this product. It's easy, it's versatile, it's natural looking, and it's lasted me so long. Because I'm always digging into this, it does collect some minute dust and lint, though nothing that's compromised the formula or affected application. Of course, I use clean fingers when I dip in :)

To cover some other bases:

Pricing -- $50 isn't absolutely terrible for a high-end bronzer (Guerlain or Tom Ford, anyone??), especially considering you get a ton of product and a little goes a long way. I'm willing to splurge, especially because I've saved money I very nearly spent on other bronzers, if not for the knowledge that I had my Chanel puck waiting for me at home. If that seems ridiculous to you, though, Sonia Kashuk has a pretty good dupe, and so does Bourjois (though that may have been discontinued)

Packaging -- The packaging is to die for -- sturdy and round and pretty big, with the signature Chanel look. It's like a giant glamorous puck. Straightforward. Classy. Not necessarily travel-friendly because it's so big. There's a second lid inside with a tab to lift it. If you accidentally replace the lid with the tab facing inwards, getting it out is hard.

PROS
- Easy to play with
- Versatile and forgiving
- So natural looking
- Warm toned without becoming orange
- Luxe feel
- Pretty scent -- standard Chanel fragrance (but fragrance might be a con for others!)

CONS
- Only one shade available, and it's not universal to all skin tones
- Fragrance might cause irritation for people with very sensitive skin
- It's a cream product, so it can attract lint and small debris, but nothing horrible
- Big puck, so it's not super travel-friendly
- Not dark or pigmented enough for most contouring

on 10/29/2016 10:56:00 AM

My first purchase from Chanel beauty brand and one of the best high end bronzer products in the market in my opinion!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

Shade comparisons:
- NC35 MAC pro longwear
- Estee lauder Double wear foundation 3w1 Tawny

Pros:
+ packaging is sleek, convenient, feels luxurious
+ a little product goes a very long way
+ long lasting
+ easy to blend
+ buildable coverage
+ nice light scent, not too overpowering

Cons:
- literally none (except the price probably but Chanel is a high end brand so i can't argue with that)

This product is extremely blendable, and doesn't give you any patchiness! I usually use my Real Techinques foundation buffing brush to buff the product or with my damp beauty blender. Both methods work quite well and i think it depends on your preference!

I have medium skin and even though this bronzer only comes in one colour, I could still see the product on my skin and gave me a very nice, subtle warm bronze look. You can definitely build up the coverage if you want to and still looks natural and not too overdone.

I have oily combo skin and usually i will get oily throughout the day, however i can still see my bronzer very well and not sliding off my face! I do recommend setting it with a powder based bronzer (i used the stila's stay all day bronzer) to lightly set it and it works just fine for me.

Overall i think its a great product and i used it more than 5 times and i barely scratched the surface, so i'm guessing this will last me a few years but i've never been so pleased by a product!

The only thing that would hinder me from purchasing would be the price, as i live outside of US and i paid $100 for this item, but considering the usage and the quality of the product, i think i'd still repurchase if i ever run out of it. So i'm giving it a 4/5 (because of its hefty price).

Hope this helps!

This is an amazing stuff.
This cream bronzer is an absolute favourite comparing to the NARS multiple it creates the most natural bronzing effect to the skin and blends so easily and smoothly on the skin effortlessly. A little goes a long way and I have been using it for months it doesn't seem like that I have just started to use it, but I use it almost everyday.
The smell, packaging and product itself is gorgeous, which makes me feel that it's worth to invest in. And I am a sucker for fancy stuffs, this is a really lovely product in every way.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Worth every penny! Looks muddy brown in container, but give off very subtle, natural "tan" to skin. Can never over-do bcoz it's something you can build and build. Been using it daily for a year and half, and hitting pan in the middle, so now working on edge. Definitely a re-purchase, truimped all other bronzer.

Asian

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

GREAT PRODUCT - No allergies with this one. Also as my skin is getting more dry with age, this cream bronzer works wonders. It's extremely easy to apply, goes on light and can be layered. And looks great. This is my new HG bronzer (previous was Lambada by Becca, also nice, but I find powder takes away moisture from my face these days).

on 7/15/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great cream bronzer but it's not an absolute must have for me. Since it's a cream I think it's only best for normal to combination and dry skin types. The color is not exactly universal and only works for lighter skin tones. I am an NC 25ish and this bronzer gives me the slightest tan look. The color is not buildable and I'm pretty sure won't show up on darker skin tones. It is also more of a peachy bronze color so it might show up orange on some people. It doesn't show up orange on my, but I can definitely tell that it's not as bronzey as my Nars Laguna.

The product itself is a cream but it is rather hard and densely packed so you're going to need a stiff, dense brush to pick up product. I don't like swirling my brush in a creamy product and I got tired of having to wash my brush all the time so I went from using a MAC 109 contour brush (which was perfect for the job, by the way) to just using my fingers. The fragrance is blessedly very light and pleasant. This is a very nice bronzer if you've got the right skin type and coloring, but it is not a Holy Grail for me, simply because I find powder bronzers easier and more versatile.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Trumpet sound: Holy Grail for real. I'm on my 2nd jar and I use this literaly every single day. Let me tell you, since I purchased this I stopped using foundation. I don't wear it anymore, the bronzer has replaced it. I apply it with MAC big stippling brush and that's that. It looks natural and with foundation I never had that feeling. After applying the bronzer, I contour, apply blush and highlighter (see my reviews for Benefit highlighter) and that's it for my face. It looks fantastic, I cannot rave enough. Think it's expensive? This jar last you sooo long so do the maths. My absolute staple for my everyday look ! Update 14/11/2012: I'm on my 3rd or 4th jar (can't remember) and still loving it !! Update 12/02/2013: I just started a new jar and I'm absolutely still using this every day.The jar last so long, I was excited to buy a new one at the Chanel counter.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bought it 7 months ago and forget to use it since I was religiously using powder bronzers like my beloved Laguna and Hoola. And since I get more oily during summer, reallly hestiating to use cream bronzer but this bronzer is the best!
I either use my Sephora silver blush brush, real technique buffer or Sephora #45 brush to apply, any dense brush will do. Color is very subtle, natural and dries matte. I purchased at Saks for $50 but this bronzer will last you a longtime.