CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 1/12/2019 1:31:00 PM

I am nc20 C1 chanel beige 20. I find this to be orange if i put too much on. With a stippling brush like the mac 130, it diffuses the product and blend it seamlessly. It bronzes up my face in such a soft and natural way, i fell in love. It doesnt stay tacky and turns from cream to powder like a soft satin finish. It doesnt transfer! Cream bronzer and cream highlight are my go to. I wear this with Mac cream color base in Hush. Its super natural glowy and never over the top. I use this on top of Mac Face and body foundation, i do not set with powder, i also put some on the eyelids to give some color, pop some Chanel Alezane blush across my cheeks and nose and i am sunkissed and good to go! I gave this 4 lippies because of the price but this will lasts me ages. Also it can turn orange if i go overboard! Once you get the hang of it its a lovely product.

on 1/4/2019 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could only chose one makeup product, this would be it!

It is a bit expensive, at first. I bought mine 9 months ago, use it everyday, and not even halfway thru it. It's a great value!

This is a cream, applies beautifully, seamlessly...never patchy, streaky...blends quickly. It is flawless upon application and hours later.

I use this a bronzer and eyeshadow (I'm not a big eyeshadow wearer). I pop a very small amount of blush on my cheek bones and my skin just glows! I often wear this alone, without foundation.

I also pair this with the Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation...someone on this board mentioned this combo is the power couple and couldn't agree more!

Okay. It says that this product gives a matte finish in the description. But today when I was looking in the mirror while using my phone’s flashlight to really take a good look at this bronzer on my face, it is SHIMMERY AF!!! And guess what, I fcking HATE glittery particles on my face with the exception of highlights. I feel deceived. And besides that, I use this for contouring and even though I’m not that pale, this bronzer looks freaking orange on me. However, the packaging is pretty luxurious indeed

on 3/30/2018 1:42:00 PM

Wonderful product

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful and unique product, but it's not for everyone. If you love it, it's great value, as the jar is enormous. I almost wish it came in a smaller size because it's too big to travel with and is such a great option for sunny vacations. The texture is technically a cream, but it has a very siliconey, almost mousselike texture that can be applied with fingers or a brush. I wouldn't use a beautyblender or similar sponge with this, as I can't imagine it would be able to pick up any product due to the density of the formula. Color wise, this is a light, warm bronze -- an excellent shade for the palest of us who lean more towards the neutral, olive, or warm spectrum. If you're very cool toned, this will read orange on you. Due to the silicone rich formula, it applies beautifully and leaves skin looking poreless and even. I would describe the finish as cashmere-matte. I wouldn't use this all over the face or to contour with, but I reach for it almost daily as a bronzer. Would I repurchase? I can't imagine ever finishing this jar, but if I do, yes.

on 3/15/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was reluctant to return this product because I couldn’t find anything quite like it; it has a cream to powder formula that looks so smooth on the skin. It has a slight gold shimmer in the container, but it doesn’t show up on the skin. The scent and packaging are both so lovely and this can honestly last you for years because you only need the smallest amount to be bronzed. My problem is that this is too warm for me; it makes me look orangey-brown and I have a warmer undertone with light-medium skin. If Chanel would release another shade that is more cool toned, I would repurchase.

I hate how much I love this. This is an absolutely beautiful bronzer. It has more yellow than orange undertones, which is great because it'll be very hard for you to look like an oompa loompa, it's just so much more natural. It may sound weird, but I personally prefer applying this product with a stippling brush instead of the usual fluffy brush, since it's a cream product. I find it gives a really precise yet natural application. It's definitely an expensive product, but for the amount you get, as well as the quality of what you get, I would say it's totally worth it.

on 7/31/2017 10:53:00 AM

This is the best bronzer I have ever tried. It gives you the most natural bronze-y look. Too bad that it only comes in one shade.

Put this in the category of "youtube made me buy it" and WOW I am amazed. I think it was Jaclyn Hill's "Ride or Die" Video where I found it (a little embarrassing but if you need a demo, she did an excellent job. Hence me buying)

It is a fairly huge jar, flat jar. It's like a thick-ish gel. Unlike I have ever seen. You kind swirl a brush (I am a fan of ELF Stippling brush or RT Powder Brush) and it picks up product nicely. I sweep it on my cheeks and forehead in kinda a "brontour" way--it blends very nicely, and it is not orange on my NC 15-20 ish skin, on the dry side.

Pros--
Expensive but I have hardly made a dent in it in 6 mos
Very pretty color. I don't find it orange
Provides a beautiful, blendable, realistic flush/bronzer/brontour. No "snickers bar" of brown stripes from bad contouring.
Does warm up the skin, and NO shimmers
Not at all cakey or needing setting spray to melt it into skin
Creme product that is not watery, better control for those of us who are not "experts"

Cons--
Well of course it's $$
Shade range. I mean, there's none.
There's a plastic lid that keeps it from drying out under the black screw cap. If you put it in upside down with "pull tab" inwards, hard to open next time

on 1/23/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, let me start by saying that I do not understand when people claim this is too expensive: I recently got it for €36.50 from Selfridges and it is a whopping 30 grams. From what I've seen on YouTube, I thought this would cost a fortune. But considering the quantity and the fact it is Chanel makeup, I would say it is VERY reasonably priced.
I have NC20-25 Asian skin tone, in that I have quite a warm complexion and usually can use many popular bronzer colors to contour my face (Benefit's Hoola and Nars Laguna fit into this category). But what I usually do is bron-tour, in that I don't really chisel my cheekbones or anything but rather use a round fluffy bronzer brush to trace around my face. I find that this works the best for my round face.
This Chanel bronzer is perfect for my "bron-tour" because it just blends so easily. I find the pigmentation to be there but not too overwhelming like some other cream contour products do. Like all the youtubers out there, I generally use a stippling brush to pick up products and swirl around the edges of my face, slightly under my cheekbones, down the neckline, etc. Its in my opinion such a fool proof product, especially for my light medium skin tone, it can never look overdone. I really like how big the compact is, it just makes me want to use this cream bronzer everyday.
In general this is a very successful purchase (one of the few hyped up products that actually ended up not disappointing). I only wish Chanel would release more shades of this product for people who are darker than medium toned.