CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by hair type : Curly
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful and unique product, but it's not for everyone. If you love it, it's great value, as the jar is enormous. I almost wish it came in a smaller size because it's too big to travel with and is such a great option for sunny vacations. The texture is technically a cream, but it has a very siliconey, almost mousselike texture that can be applied with fingers or a brush. I wouldn't use a beautyblender or similar sponge with this, as I can't imagine it would be able to pick up any product due to the density of the formula. Color wise, this is a light, warm bronze -- an excellent shade for the palest of us who lean more towards the neutral, olive, or warm spectrum. If you're very cool toned, this will read orange on you. Due to the silicone rich formula, it applies beautifully and leaves skin looking poreless and even. I would describe the finish as cashmere-matte. I wouldn't use this all over the face or to contour with, but I reach for it almost daily as a bronzer. Would I repurchase? I can't imagine ever finishing this jar, but if I do, yes.

on 4/8/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this product.... I suppose it does what it's supposed to do (bronze the skin) but I'm not in love with it. It's a dry-ish cream - almost like a baked, creamy powder - if that makes sense) - so on my dry, pale skin it's a little hard to apply. I scoop a little chunk with my fingernail and mix it with my Nivea moisturizer in my palm, then I pat and smooth it all over my already pre-moisturized skin. On top of that, I add smudges of the straight bronzer (not diluted with moisturizer) to my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin to add a bit more color. That seems to do the trick. It's a yellow-y, brown-y tint which I was a little concerned wouldn't appear natural or look good on my skin but it does. (I'm a NW20, for reference). It just seems like a lot of work for something that's so expensive. On the plus side, it does look smooth and not blotchy. It makes my skin look flawless!

I don't think it's a bad product - I just think it's a bad product for me. If you have a darker skin tone than mine, and skin that's not quite so dry, and you're looking for a multi-tasking bronzer (I could see this working on someone's lips too), this would be a good investment. For me, I'm going to use up this jar and move on to something else.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This bronzer is very good. It is a big container with an ounce of product. This bronzer is very creamy and just blends well with my olive tone skin. I am very apprehensive on buying brozers because other bronzers that I have used that are all the hype on Youtube are powdery and some of them look ashy. Ay Ay Ay! They just do not compare with the quality of this product. It looks and feels buttery on the skin and does not look muddy. From the few bronzers I have this is the best one so far.

on 12/23/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product probably does not need another rave review, but whatever I'm writing one anyway! Initially I was confused by this and I felt that it 1.) rubbed off my makeup and 2.) did nothing. I used it again a couple months later and I am now obsessed. The reason why I did not like it before (I think) was that my skin was quite bad-- lots of acne and scarring especially around my cheeks where I would apply this product. So when I used it I could not help but buff away my carefully placed concealer or apply so little that you could not tell I was wearing it.

But now that my skin is nice and clear I have really fallen in love. I wear this everyday, in every season-- despite how much or how little makeup I plan on wearing. It provides the most amazing natural bronze glow when I am wearing little to no other makeup. But at the same time it can be built up to a more extreme contour if you want. It is pretty sheer, which is great for a cream bronzer because it makes it easy to work with and easy to build up.

If you are struggling with skin problems especially on your cheeks I would not recommend this product. In order to get a good color payoff you have to buff it around and it will inevitably move around any concealers and foundations. However I do not think that this is unique to the product-- it is just the nature of cream products in my personal experience.

on 8/26/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was never a big bronzer fan until I discovered this product. Actually, rewind that: I wanted to bronze myself up but had never found a product that didn't make me look like a brown-orange glittery mess. I wanted subtle yet effective, and that is what Soleil Tan De Chanel gives you.

I use this when I am going for a dewy effect and skipping the powder products, which is pretty much my 5 days a week routine. I love using this under both my Clinique CC cream and liquid foundations for a full bronzing effect, although I usually use this product just for contouring. When contouring with this product it never looks overdone and has a slight sheen on its own so I always skip highlighting when using this (I think the 2 would be too much in all honesty). It glides on the skin, is silky smooth, and goes from a gel/mouse-ish/cream to a slightly dry finish once applied. This is the perfect alternative bronzer or contour for dry skin types - I never have build up or patchiness at all. I like to apply this by buffing if under makeup, or using either my MAC 108 or a small stippling brush if contouring.

I am really in love with this amazing multi-tasker. While pricey at $48.00 for 1 oz, I think it's definitely worth the cost.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My skin broke out everywhere I put this. As soon as I stopped using it, my skin cleared up perfectly. Very disappointing since it does give a nice colour. I also didn't like that my skin felt "tacky" to the touch after I applied it, and it never really soaked in. Returned.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Orange. Orange. Orange.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is actually my first review on Makeup Alley and I just had to as I find this product absolutely amazing! I am a HUGE makeup freak and I love trying new products. I have fair skin and I've tried so many bronzers but I think I found my #1 bronzer. Normally, I use Nars casino bronzer, it's a little dark for winter but I find it easily workable for winter and summer. The only thing is I find myself more attracted to a ''creamy'' texture instead of powder as it stays on better (same goes for blush). I heard a lot about Soleil Tan and I decided to purchase it even though it's quite $$$ (about 51$ Canadian). Keep in mind that this will last you a life time as you only need a little bit so after all, it was a good investment. I love how you can easily work with it and build with it's creamy texture, once applied on the skin it has a really natural finish and using the right brush you get it exactly where you want it. The tone of it is just perfect for summer or winter, I think ill love it even more during the summer as I tend to get dark. I used a small foundation brush to apply it right under my cheek bone and on the t-zone. I definitely suggest this product to those who are still looking for the right bronzer. It's very popular so it might be hard to find but I got lucky, i'd stock up! Definitly a 5 star + for me.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This and Chanel's loose powder are must haves from Chanel. Partly because they are the most cost efficient and are awesome. The soleil goes on super smooth and I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I saw it on pixiwoo. It helps get into the hollow of the cheek. Then use upwards around the face and hairline. Downwards yo the jaw line and bridge of nose
I don't break out it doesn't look dirty. It's classically beautiful Chanel.

on 3/2/2013 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG bronzer. I have bought this a couple of months ago. It was hard to decide which way too use it in the first place. But now I use it with my MAC 130 brush to contour and I love it! It looks so natural on my nc25-30 skintone! This bronzer is definetely prices but worth the money! I would repurchase it!