CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 11/15/2018 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m getting older now and powders just don’t do me justice or at least I rarely find one that does. I wanted something that would warm up my N15-20 skin for the winter. Well this is a winner especially applied with a stippling brush. I like using Sonia Kushak’s brush. I use it like a blush to really warm up my cheeks and take away redness. It goes on smooth like butter. Perfect color. To contour with works just as as well for me too. This will last forever with the amount they give you so the purchase was worth it. I usually just use this and a highlighter on my cheekbones.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love love love. Price is great for Chanel, everything about the formula is amazing and smells great. Wish it was a little darker but definitely a staple in my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I recently went on a bronzer binge, buying 4 bronzers in the span of about a month. I bought the following: MJ Tantastic, TF Milk Chocolate Soleil, Hourglass Illume Trio (contains a cream bronzer), and this Chanel bronzer. The Chanel is my favorite. Why? I have light toned skin (NC 15-20) and it is the lightest and therefore looks the most natural, in my opinion. I don't have to work very hard to blend this well--fingers are sufficient. In fact I couldn't really see using anything except fingers for this because the texture is firm. I would describe the color as a golden light brown. This is gonna become my default bronzer for when I'm in a hurry because it's so easy to apply and blend. The price is kinda absurd, but I have the feeling this will last a long long time. I lurve it! Definitely worth considering if you are pale or light toned and are looking for an HG bronzer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a Christmas gift ladt year, at first I was not a fan at all I felt that it made me look to orange. After playing around with it & trying new ways to apply it I'm in love. The best way I found to apply it is use a brush to distribute it on your face then go in witha beauty blender. this makes it look effortless and absolutely stunning. I am obsessed if you think it is to orange for your skin tone definitely keep playing with it , try the beauty blender since it diffuses some of the product In the blending process.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sigh. Chanel have never been good at tailoring to the needs of diverse skin tones. On fair pink skin like mine, this looks orange. On medium to dark skins, it's invisible. It's a shame, because the formula is lovely and effortless to use. Perhaps one day we'll get some different shades of this...

on 1/3/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product since September 2015. Like another reviewer, I do use this as a base. I recently moved to a drier climate and changed up my makeup a bit. I have now gone back to this, as it does add such a nice glow. You can really tell the difference in the photographs. Another Chanel winner!

I bought this product a little over a week ago. I traditionally wear powder bronzers, so this was a new concept for me. Definitely on the pricier side($48) but you get a ton of product! I am an NC 25 and when I first started playing with this product it looked too dark and orangy . When I first applied it , I placed it on top of my foundation and powder, wow what a mistake! It looked streaky and awful no matter how much I blended it. I thought great, I'm going to have to return this stuff. Then I decided to first put on my primer and foundation, then place the product followed by my powder. I used a contour brush and applied to hollows of my cheeks and at my hair line. I will admit at first you look like a clown but then I dusted my powder foundation (I use like a setting powder) over my face with a big kabuki and it blends SO beautifully! I follow with my blush and it looks Amazing! I work very long days, my makeup is usually on for 14-15 hrs so I wondered how this would hold up. My skin is combination but can get pretty oily at times. I have to say this stuff holds up like a dream . When set with a powder, it is a beautiful matte finish that doesn't budge or move. It stays even and doesn't become splotchy. I have been using this every day for a little over a week, still loving it, and NO breakouts! I have also been using as a base for my eyeshadow to add a nice fall tone to my brown and taupes.

I had been wanting this bronzer for so long and was always too paranoid about spending the money and hating it. But last week on a trip to Sydney I finally sucked it up and forked out the $77 AUD for it. Definitely worth it. It blends amazingly and is perfect for contouring. I know it's marketed as a bronzing makeup base but it definitely works better as a bronzer or contour product. Not as orange as it looks in the container and it really warms up the skin. It looks like it will last forever since the pot is huge but I'll definitely repurchse if I ever run out.

on 3/19/2015 3:30:00 PM

This is my second bulky jar. The first one lasted me 2 1/2 years. This product is perfect for bringing life back into my mature and dull skin. Foolproof bronzing and contouring. I will apply on the hollows of my cheeks, temples and under my jaw for contouring. I will even use it in the crease when I am in a hurry. I like to apply it with my real techniques contour brush. The effect is subtle, it disappears into my fair to medium skin. Downsides for me is brush-hair is sitting in this beautiful product, and not travel friendly.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I only recently pulled this out from the back of my drawer to try again. Good stuff. I use it as a makeup base, after moisturiser but before foundation, and it makes my makeup perfect. I am pale and so this way it's not too dark on me. Makes my pores look teensy weeny. That's all I can say really. It is quite pricey and not easy to cart around (heavy glass jar) but there is no need anyway as it lasts all day and keeps my makeup fresh. Worth every penny (and there were quite a few pennies - about 3200 from what I recall).