CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 1/4/2019 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could only chose one makeup product, this would be it!

It is a bit expensive, at first. I bought mine 9 months ago, use it everyday, and not even halfway thru it. It's a great value!

This is a cream, applies beautifully, seamlessly...never patchy, streaky...blends quickly. It is flawless upon application and hours later.

I use this a bronzer and eyeshadow (I'm not a big eyeshadow wearer). I pop a very small amount of blush on my cheek bones and my skin just glows! I often wear this alone, without foundation.

I also pair this with the Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation...someone on this board mentioned this combo is the power couple and couldn't agree more!

on 11/15/2018 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m getting older now and powders just don’t do me justice or at least I rarely find one that does. I wanted something that would warm up my N15-20 skin for the winter. Well this is a winner especially applied with a stippling brush. I like using Sonia Kushak’s brush. I use it like a blush to really warm up my cheeks and take away redness. It goes on smooth like butter. Perfect color. To contour with works just as as well for me too. This will last forever with the amount they give you so the purchase was worth it. I usually just use this and a highlighter on my cheekbones.

on 10/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

Answering that last question, I'm not sure if I'll ever run out of this huge tub! Anyway, I can see why this is a cult classic. Just purchased last week and it's already part of my morning routine. It's goof proof and adds a subtle warmth and 'glow' to the skin. I'm an NC20 and can see this working all year round. I do agree that the large jar size makes this a bit impractical for travel, but will make room for it as it's that good. So far have applied only with a Kabuki brush--'C' shape from forehead to cheekbones, top of nose and under chin for sculpting. It's lovely stuff.

on 3/30/2018 1:42:00 PM

Wonderful product

on 7/31/2017 10:53:00 AM

This is the best bronzer I have ever tried. It gives you the most natural bronze-y look. Too bad that it only comes in one shade.

on 7/16/2017 9:54:00 AM

Stunning bronzer! Will not part from this one! Buildable semi-rich colour that blends into the skin subtly and naturally without being too intense!! Perfect for normal to dry skin and combo! No problems with my oily t zone!

on 5/31/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On me this looks really orange. I'm not particulary pale or tanned. I hate it! Thank god it works for so many people...

Put this in the category of "youtube made me buy it" and WOW I am amazed. I think it was Jaclyn Hill's "Ride or Die" Video where I found it (a little embarrassing but if you need a demo, she did an excellent job. Hence me buying)

It is a fairly huge jar, flat jar. It's like a thick-ish gel. Unlike I have ever seen. You kind swirl a brush (I am a fan of ELF Stippling brush or RT Powder Brush) and it picks up product nicely. I sweep it on my cheeks and forehead in kinda a "brontour" way--it blends very nicely, and it is not orange on my NC 15-20 ish skin, on the dry side.

Pros--
Expensive but I have hardly made a dent in it in 6 mos
Very pretty color. I don't find it orange
Provides a beautiful, blendable, realistic flush/bronzer/brontour. No "snickers bar" of brown stripes from bad contouring.
Does warm up the skin, and NO shimmers
Not at all cakey or needing setting spray to melt it into skin
Creme product that is not watery, better control for those of us who are not "experts"

Cons--
Well of course it's $$
Shade range. I mean, there's none.
There's a plastic lid that keeps it from drying out under the black screw cap. If you put it in upside down with "pull tab" inwards, hard to open next time

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a Christmas gift ladt year, at first I was not a fan at all I felt that it made me look to orange. After playing around with it & trying new ways to apply it I'm in love. The best way I found to apply it is use a brush to distribute it on your face then go in witha beauty blender. this makes it look effortless and absolutely stunning. I am obsessed if you think it is to orange for your skin tone definitely keep playing with it , try the beauty blender since it diffuses some of the product In the blending process.

on 4/8/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this product.... I suppose it does what it's supposed to do (bronze the skin) but I'm not in love with it. It's a dry-ish cream - almost like a baked, creamy powder - if that makes sense) - so on my dry, pale skin it's a little hard to apply. I scoop a little chunk with my fingernail and mix it with my Nivea moisturizer in my palm, then I pat and smooth it all over my already pre-moisturized skin. On top of that, I add smudges of the straight bronzer (not diluted with moisturizer) to my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin to add a bit more color. That seems to do the trick. It's a yellow-y, brown-y tint which I was a little concerned wouldn't appear natural or look good on my skin but it does. (I'm a NW20, for reference). It just seems like a lot of work for something that's so expensive. On the plus side, it does look smooth and not blotchy. It makes my skin look flawless!

I don't think it's a bad product - I just think it's a bad product for me. If you have a darker skin tone than mine, and skin that's not quite so dry, and you're looking for a multi-tasking bronzer (I could see this working on someone's lips too), this would be a good investment. For me, I'm going to use up this jar and move on to something else.