CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.7

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful and unique product, but it's not for everyone. If you love it, it's great value, as the jar is enormous. I almost wish it came in a smaller size because it's too big to travel with and is such a great option for sunny vacations. The texture is technically a cream, but it has a very siliconey, almost mousselike texture that can be applied with fingers or a brush. I wouldn't use a beautyblender or similar sponge with this, as I can't imagine it would be able to pick up any product due to the density of the formula. Color wise, this is a light, warm bronze -- an excellent shade for the palest of us who lean more towards the neutral, olive, or warm spectrum. If you're very cool toned, this will read orange on you. Due to the silicone rich formula, it applies beautifully and leaves skin looking poreless and even. I would describe the finish as cashmere-matte. I wouldn't use this all over the face or to contour with, but I reach for it almost daily as a bronzer. Would I repurchase? I can't imagine ever finishing this jar, but if I do, yes.

on 4/8/2017 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this product.... I suppose it does what it's supposed to do (bronze the skin) but I'm not in love with it. It's a dry-ish cream - almost like a baked, creamy powder - if that makes sense) - so on my dry, pale skin it's a little hard to apply. I scoop a little chunk with my fingernail and mix it with my Nivea moisturizer in my palm, then I pat and smooth it all over my already pre-moisturized skin. On top of that, I add smudges of the straight bronzer (not diluted with moisturizer) to my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin to add a bit more color. That seems to do the trick. It's a yellow-y, brown-y tint which I was a little concerned wouldn't appear natural or look good on my skin but it does. (I'm a NW20, for reference). It just seems like a lot of work for something that's so expensive. On the plus side, it does look smooth and not blotchy. It makes my skin look flawless!

I don't think it's a bad product - I just think it's a bad product for me. If you have a darker skin tone than mine, and skin that's not quite so dry, and you're looking for a multi-tasking bronzer (I could see this working on someone's lips too), this would be a good investment. For me, I'm going to use up this jar and move on to something else.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice bronzer. Some have commented that it makes one appear orange. I think if you have a slight yellow or orange undertone to your skin, like I do, it works. But if you have any pink or red in your skin, it probably will contrast too much. Maybe.

First I use a slightly tinted BB cream which acts like a primer and moisturiser and then I put the bronzer on. It actually looks natural as I have tan skin in summer anyway (not on purpose, I wear spf 50 but I have gotten darker with age, weird). I can see how this might not be as flattering in winter, but we will see.

on 12/24/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ah-mazing product! Perfect bronzed colour, great blendability and gorgeous packaging. It's quite pricey, but for the amount of product you get and need to use for each application it will last you a couple of years.
Overall, worth the splurge.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Good god, this is a total winner. I thought the mattifying Terracotta bronzer from Guerlain in a tube was lovely until I tried Chanel. It beats Guerlain by far. Whereas Guerlain is silicon-ey and makes a (mattifying and smoothing) layer on the skin, Chanel goes on feather-like, you don't feel you have someting on, you don't look like you have bronzer on and you don't need to set it with anything on top so that it looks just like your sunkissed skin. As to the color, it will suit a lot of pale and fair skins I believe. I am like MAC NW18-18 and I feel totally fine about it. It looks quite golden (not yellow and not brick) in the pan but if compared to Guerlain's Terracotta in Blondes, it appears by far more calm coffee-tonned. For me, it makes a beautiful sunkissed (not bronzed) look. If I want a really bronzed look, I would opt for Terracotta in Brunettes. Application can be a bit tricky, you have to find your HG brush for it. I tried following Lisa Eldridge with a Chanel Touch Up Kabuki brush and didn't like it. Small broken bristles deposit themselves into the pan and it is gross. Besides, the brush is too big. I tried Dior's light coverage dense flat foundation brush and it didn't deliver. I used a generic synthetic roundish dense powder brush and bingo, that was it. I am totally sold. I marked Tan de Chanel as "will repurchase" but mind that you get 30 (thirty) grams, it is very unlikely that I will run out of it soon. If I however do, I will for sure repurchase.

on 4/21/2013 7:49:00 PM

I love cream and liquid blushes and highlighters and had never tried a cream bronzer but had heard great reviews on the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base. I justified the high price tag due to the 1oz of product you get vs normally getting .28-.35 oz with powder other bronzers/contours. The texture is lovely and somewhere between a cream and a gel. The scent is similar to Chanel's foundations, but the scent is very light. I am a N1 in MAC currently so I was a bit worried that this would come across muddy or orange on my skin as many bronzers do, but I was very pleased when it looked so natural. I used it as a contour and the finished result was beautiful, leaving my skin looking sun kissed. I had no issues with oxidization. This also worked well with my dry skin. I am very pleased with this and would even say its my Holy Grail bronzer. I will also be using this for my wedding.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

MUA is wonderful for consumer reviews but it can be bad for my wallet, lol.

I have never paid this much for a bronzer, especially in a non-powder formula but I was intrigued enough to try it out at a Chanel counter to see how it would look like.
The MA was great and she showed me how she was applying the bronzer and she suggested I use this as a base before applying foundation and everything else.
The result was a nice, healthy glow without looking orange.
My skin tone is warm to begin with although I think if you're very pale, this may look orange.
For reference, I'm NC30/C3, Asian colouring.

I used a stippling brush and gently dabbed on the contours of my cheeks and up along the forehead and I loved the natural sunkissed look it gave me.
My skin looked healthy and dewy but not shiny, thanks to the mousse formula. (I tend to be on the oily side)

The Chanel MA suggested a more dewy look to avoid a dull complexion from using too many powder products. (I usually use powder foundation and powder bronzer and blush)

Oh yes, I did use a liquid foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) with this bronzer and wow, what a difference in my finished makeup look.

The container is huge and since I use so little of the product at a time, it will last me forever.

Glad I caved in and got this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this product after many great reviews and it was worth it. Very natural look, build up when necessary. Lovely packaging, worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

GREAT PRODUCT - No allergies with this one. Also as my skin is getting more dry with age, this cream bronzer works wonders. It's extremely easy to apply, goes on light and can be layered. And looks great. This is my new HG bronzer (previous was Lambada by Becca, also nice, but I find powder takes away moisture from my face these days).

on 5/24/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wonderful product, can use it several different ways. It even looks great as a blush. I have rosacea and this is the only bronzer that I can use without it aggravating the problem. Gives such a nice glow to the skin, looks very natural. Some people who are olive toned and darker have complained that it doesn't show up enough or some have said that it looks orange. It doesn't for me and I'm fair so be cautious when buying this. I would go to your neighborhood Chanel counter and have them apply it, walk around the store, go outside, you will know if it looks natural or not. And if you get that glowing/bronzed look that you're trying to achieve than go for it! You will not be disappointed. And you can use this all year long not just summer time. It's well worth the price.