CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 7/13/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this in first year of college and have just had to repurchase now three years later! I used this very regularly so it lasts for ages! This is a must have for me, I use it to add a warm glow on holidays. In my regular makeup I use it as a light contour and layer a powder over it. It blends perfectly and is one of my favourite makeup products.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This was a product that was on my shopping list as pending for so long. I was never on the fence so much with a product than I was with this bronzer. I finally bought it and I'm very happy with it. I am extremely picky when it comes with bronzer. So many qualites I look for in a bronzer: 1. Tone 2. Color Depth 3. Finish 4. Ingredients 5. Staying Power & 6. Formulation. I haven't truly found a bronzer that scored a perfect 10 in all six categories. I've tried ALL of the popular bronzers such as Too Faced Chocolate Soleil, NARS Laguna, Benefit Hoola, most of Physicans Formula, MUFE, MAC, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and most drugstore bronzers. The two main reasons why I was so on the fence with this particular bronzer was 1. Cream based and 2. Palomino's review. I have very oily skin so I would be insane to buy a cream based bronzer. Also, nothing worse than an orange toned bronzer >_< THE WORST! After reading Palomino's review, I pretty much made up my mind. But, Palomino and I are completely different skin tones so I checked out You Tube reviews on this bronzer by people with darker skin tones and came across YAZMakeUpArtist. YAZ sold me on it! For people with deeper medium skin tones to dark skin, this bronzer is SUBTLE and you need to build it. But, it builds up very naturally and I didn't find it orange at all on my NC40 Olive skin. All pros with this bronzer and for being such an outstanding quality bronzer, it is worth the fifty bucks.
PACKAGING: 1oz Large flat round container that is clear and a black screw top cap with the gold Chanel logo on top.
PROS: 1. Even though this is a cream based bronzer, it did not fade, crease or melt off my very oily skin. It didn't appear greasy on the skin either. It just looked natural. 2. It will last for hours without fading away. I did set this with a setting powder though. 3. It has a matte finish! YES, truly matte no shimmers! 4. Natural tone for darker skin tones. Doesn't appear orange. 5. Doesn't clog pores or cause berakouts. 6. Builds up for desired pigmentation without looking cakey or obvious.
CONS: None
TIP: I use the ELF Small Stippling brush with this bronzer for contouring.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a god send- a good bronzer for fair- medium skin tones and I can tell u it does not show up orange in any way! Pros: you get a lot for the money (au $65?) 30grms will last you a long time The packaging is practical for the formula, fancy and sturdy I can't really go past it looks good on dressing table too :0). The colour is a beautiful rich bronze that looks natural The blendabilty of this is Shockley good! You don't have to spend too much time working it into skin. Lasts a long time on my very oily skin and it doesn't slide or melt (I thought it would being a cream base). It doesn't seep into large pores or wear funny NO CONS Not even the price because I think it's fair seeing so it's such a HG for me but if it where ever cheaper I wouldn't complain ;).

on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this!

on 3/23/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Looks like I'm one of the few that feel differently about this product. After all the rave, I was really excited to try this product and really wanted to love it like everyone one- especially because I love Chanel. It was a bit hard locating the product but when I finally found it at Nordstroms, it looks really orange in the container. But, I bought it anyways hoping it wouldn't be so orange on my face. Yes, this bronzer has a great texture, an amazing scent, and no shimmer . But, it pulled extremely orange on my skin. I've tried LOTS of bronzers (hoola, smashbox, nars, bobbi brown,....) and this is the orangest bronzer I have ever tried. I'm sticking to my smashbox suntan matte.

On the bright side- even though it is $50, it's actually a great deal. They give you 30 grams, which is much more than what smashbox gives.

on 2/17/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best bronzer ever! Beautiful colour. Product feels like a primer, very smooth and glides on easily. No shimmer, so it's perfect for contouring. Very expensive but worth the price, and comes with so much product that it will definitely last me a long time. Doesn't leave me muddy looking like a bronzing powder does when I apply it on top of my foundation. Just mixes perfectly with my foundation. Apply with a synthetic foundation brush, I tried using a fluffy hair powder brush and ended up messing it up with stray hairs that fell off my brush and into the container. I have super oily skin, and doesn't break me out either. Love, love, love!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bought it 7 months ago and forget to use it since I was religiously using powder bronzers like my beloved Laguna and Hoola. And since I get more oily during summer, reallly hestiating to use cream bronzer but this bronzer is the best!
I either use my Sephora silver blush brush, real technique buffer or Sephora #45 brush to apply, any dense brush will do. Color is very subtle, natural and dries matte. I purchased at Saks for $50 but this bronzer will last you a longtime.