CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sigh. Chanel have never been good at tailoring to the needs of diverse skin tones. On fair pink skin like mine, this looks orange. On medium to dark skins, it's invisible. It's a shame, because the formula is lovely and effortless to use. Perhaps one day we'll get some different shades of this...

on 1/1/2016 3:14:00 PM

The most gorgeous bronzer I'd ever used in my life.
Unfortunately if gives me tiny red bumps :,(

Parting with this was one of the most difficult things if ever done (ok im definitely being dramatic BUT in the makeup world-- this was tough to quit).

The packaging is luxe and gorgeous. You get a full 1pz of product which is ginormous-- so this actually isn't even that costly bc it's about twice as much bronzer as other brands.

I love this so so much and think about repurchasing all the time. I wish so hard this didn't cause a rash for me

on 1/1/2016 2:49:00 PM

i have very light skin, and to find a bronzer and contour that doesn't appear too ashy or too orange is a miracle worker. I saw this in a girls makeup tutorial on YouTube, and I felt like I just had to buy it. I picked it up at Dillard's for $50, which I have to admit is pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for. I think the first thing I noticed was the smell. it smells so elegant and clean! like aloe and jasmine flowers and a little rose. the color pay off isn't that strong at first but it's very easily buildable which is so great for a bronzer and contour. this is the most natural bronzer I've ever seen!! it brings warmth to my face in such a beautiful way. it's sorts matte but it looks like it has some sprinkles in the container... the packaging is classic Chanel, and it comes with a lot of product. I've had mine for half a year and there's barely a dent in it, which TOTALLY makes up for the $50! the texture is cream to powder like. I've never seen such an amazing product. if you're on the fence about buying it, believe me, it's such a great splurge!

on 8/5/2015 5:09:00 PM

I have very pale skin so I was slightly sceptical when I was first introduced to this product as there isn't a variety of shades but being an extreme makeup enthusiast/hoarder I just couldn't resist-very glad that I didn't! I use it for light, everyday contouring and it's beeeautiful! Very natural, lightweight and extremely easy to blend and work with! Gives a certain luminosity to the skin, a lovely glow! However I wouldn't recommend it for an extreme/nighttime contour!

This is my second Bronzer after NARSissist, I don't know about the glow people were raving about it, but this Soleil Tan de Chanel gave me the right subtle dimension as bronzing make up base should be. I'm NW20, using N20 for Chanel's.

I'm not into bronzer before, since fair skin is adored here, but then I knew that I had a bit dead face until the bronzer touched my cheek. Even wwithout make up on, I swirl a bit this lovely bronzer to add dimension and slimmer cheek..

This bronzer is available only in one color, but I think suitable for most skin colors and type. The case is sturdy and lovely, rounded case like Poudre Universelle Libre, but shorter. I just wish Chanel provide us with the brush. I'm using this with Sigma Kabuki. The smell is just like Chanel's, and I didn't develop any allergic reaction on it, eventhough I have very sensitive acne prone with combination skin, tends to very oily at T-zone.

Luv, luv, and definitely will buy again, altough the Le Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-color seems tempting. For the price I bought at Soetta's Duty Free, it's definitely well-worth since it will take a year more to hit the pan.

on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I use this with a drugstore kubuki brush or my Real Techniques stipling brush. Use this bronzer to contour my cheeks, jawline, nose, and forehead. It is perfect for contouring because it blends so well into my skin, and gives a very natural bronze look. I have medium/olive skin. I have used this product in the Summer and Winter. Works well with oily skin. Best bronzer I have used!

on 10/27/2013 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i could do without this product. i am nc35 skin toned. i have to layer and layer it until i can see something, and by this time, my foundation has slightly moved. i use a dense real techniques face liquid foundation brush to apply this because i cannot be bothered to layer slowly. i have also used a stippling brush and that moves my foundation even more.
i like the smell of the product. it is a hard cream product that you swirl your brush into and then apply to your cheeks. when i am a nc30 the colour pulls up nicely on me but then starts to fade at about 5 hours. i prefer bronzing powders because they tend to stay all day.
it cost me $45 form strawberrynet but in the shops i think its arounf $60-$70 AUD.
the colour is mid ranged between red and brown. it is natural looking until you have to build it up heavy (which is often on my face). i wish theyd made a darker one for darker tones. i wont be buying this again purely based on the price, the longevity on my oily skin isnt the best, and i feel uncomfortable putting my brush into a pot all the time. (i know thats weird and that dry powders have just as much bacteria i am sure, but it being a cream and me always putting a brush in it and some hairs getting stuck on the product just creeps me out.)
nice palstic, sturdy packaging, great smell, and nice for lighter tones. but otherwise, no i dont think its the best bronzer to have landed on earth. spend your money elsewhere i think.

on 9/6/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Works great before the summer, on pale skin! After a couple of days on the beach, you can't see it on the face, it just doesn't add color/tan to the already tanned skin.

Loveeee it gives the best bronze dewyyy look ever perfect for summer

on 11/3/2012 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i didn't dislike the product, but i wouldn't buy again....why? i didn't like the texture so much!!! i tought it would be more gel-y or something....i find the powdery texture difficult to apply with fingers, it doesn't really sticks to them? also i found that it left uneven color on my skin.i couldn't wear it alone beacause of my uneven skin, and i found that: forget about putting this on top of your foundation: it involves too much rubbing in order to get the color even and it'll make your foundation patchy. although i liked the packaging, a bonus point is that it takes so little that this product will probably last for years and years!!! even tought its expensive, a little goes such a long way that you would have to buy several other products to cover for the life span of this one. it definitely ends up being cheaper buying the chanel one :)