CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 1/12/2019 1:31:00 PM

I am nc20 C1 chanel beige 20. I find this to be orange if i put too much on. With a stippling brush like the mac 130, it diffuses the product and blend it seamlessly. It bronzes up my face in such a soft and natural way, i fell in love. It doesnt stay tacky and turns from cream to powder like a soft satin finish. It doesnt transfer! Cream bronzer and cream highlight are my go to. I wear this with Mac cream color base in Hush. Its super natural glowy and never over the top. I use this on top of Mac Face and body foundation, i do not set with powder, i also put some on the eyelids to give some color, pop some Chanel Alezane blush across my cheeks and nose and i am sunkissed and good to go! I gave this 4 lippies because of the price but this will lasts me ages. Also it can turn orange if i go overboard! Once you get the hang of it its a lovely product.

Okay. It says that this product gives a matte finish in the description. But today when I was looking in the mirror while using my phone’s flashlight to really take a good look at this bronzer on my face, it is SHIMMERY AF!!! And guess what, I fcking HATE glittery particles on my face with the exception of highlights. I feel deceived. And besides that, I use this for contouring and even though I’m not that pale, this bronzer looks freaking orange on me. However, the packaging is pretty luxurious indeed

on 10/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

Answering that last question, I'm not sure if I'll ever run out of this huge tub! Anyway, I can see why this is a cult classic. Just purchased last week and it's already part of my morning routine. It's goof proof and adds a subtle warmth and 'glow' to the skin. I'm an NC20 and can see this working all year round. I do agree that the large jar size makes this a bit impractical for travel, but will make room for it as it's that good. So far have applied only with a Kabuki brush--'C' shape from forehead to cheekbones, top of nose and under chin for sculpting. It's lovely stuff.

on 6/10/2018 1:31:00 PM

I have used this on and off for a couple of years but never always gravitated towards it because its not very pigmented.

But i took this on holiday with me and i really started to appreciate this.

I used this as foundation as its light and subtle and non heavy for when i was on holiday.
If you wet a stipple brush and swirl it around the pot. You will get the most out of it. It will give a slightly glowly healthy sun kissed glow.

If you are looking for a bronzer that will make you look tan and can contour with, then i dont think this is for you.
I used to wear this under my powder bronzer just for an extra oomph.
Plus i have had it for a while now and am showing no sign of hitting pan. Its also the most beautiful looking make up package ever, looks so luxurious.

My friend who wears no make up what so ever, would love to apply this to her cheekbones and temples when we went away.

on 3/30/2018 1:42:00 PM

Wonderful product

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I probably reach for this product more than anything else in my makeup stash -- even foundation! Bare skin or full face, I always dab a little bit of Soleil Tan de Chanel on. It adds the perfect amount of warmth to the skin and has a consistency that blends into the most natural finish.

The formula is moussey and a little bit creamy, and very forgiving. It's kind of that perfect place between a gel and a cream, and you can basically sheer this out as much as you would like. Pigmentation is light but not insubstantial. It has color, but it blends out subtlely. It is buildable. On the skin, this feels light and nonexistent. If I'm not wearing other base makeup, it's easy to forget I even have bronzer on!

This doesn't work for me as a contour, and I only contour once in a blue moon, anyways. I've seen people with pale complexions use this for some light chiseling, but I only use this to add warmth to my face where some sun exposure would naturally tan me -- and I add warmth every day as long as I leave the house to some capacity. If I'm skipping the heavy eyeshadow or eyeliner, I also use this to warm up my eyelids and bring my whole look together. Here's basically what I do:

Using my fingers, I 'scoop' a tiny bit out (like a generous swatch where there just a little extra sticking to your fingers) and then I dab most of the bronzer on the bridge of my nose and along the tops of my cheeks, concentrating most of the bronzer in that cheek area right by my nose. Basically, if you've ever used blackhead strips, I dab the bronzer in that general area, but maybe a little further out as well. And then I just blend it out with a tapered brush without worrying too much about keeping within any boundaries. The formula is pretty foolproof and totally forgiving. It would take some serious work to mess up. Any remainder, I'll blend along my forehead and chin. If I'm doing eyes, I'll just dip my ring fingers and then tap it all over my lids. And honestly, I'll just rub this on wherever else I'm feeling that day, as well.

I can't picture my routine without this product. It's easy, it's versatile, it's natural looking, and it's lasted me so long. Because I'm always digging into this, it does collect some minute dust and lint, though nothing that's compromised the formula or affected application. Of course, I use clean fingers when I dip in :)

To cover some other bases:

Pricing -- $50 isn't absolutely terrible for a high-end bronzer (Guerlain or Tom Ford, anyone??), especially considering you get a ton of product and a little goes a long way. I'm willing to splurge, especially because I've saved money I very nearly spent on other bronzers, if not for the knowledge that I had my Chanel puck waiting for me at home. If that seems ridiculous to you, though, Sonia Kashuk has a pretty good dupe, and so does Bourjois (though that may have been discontinued)

Packaging -- The packaging is to die for -- sturdy and round and pretty big, with the signature Chanel look. It's like a giant glamorous puck. Straightforward. Classy. Not necessarily travel-friendly because it's so big. There's a second lid inside with a tab to lift it. If you accidentally replace the lid with the tab facing inwards, getting it out is hard.

PROS
- Easy to play with
- Versatile and forgiving
- So natural looking
- Warm toned without becoming orange
- Luxe feel
- Pretty scent -- standard Chanel fragrance (but fragrance might be a con for others!)

CONS
- Only one shade available, and it's not universal to all skin tones
- Fragrance might cause irritation for people with very sensitive skin
- It's a cream product, so it can attract lint and small debris, but nothing horrible
- Big puck, so it's not super travel-friendly
- Not dark or pigmented enough for most contouring

on 6/19/2017 3:05:00 PM

The best cream bronzer if not any bronzer ever. I use it with a damp beauty blender and build it up slowly with small amounts of product. Gives such a nice warm look to the skin without looking muddy. Pretty expensive, mine was a gift but it lasts ages.

I actually couldnt writte a review on the website I got this little item from,so I went online to find somewhere else to writte it!!!
I have to say that this is the far best make up product i bought that is def worth the money and I have been extremely happy with it.
Its all i ever looked for in a bronzer type of product. Its easy to use,almost a little to easy.
It makes your skin look, healthy,glowing,young,gorgeus.
I dont contour with this,I bronze my face with it and i dont use any powder bronzer over it as some people do. Wich I m sure you could do if you feel the need for it.
My skin is normal to dry,i have medium skin tone and would say im somewhere around Nc 30-in Mac foundation for reference. It shows nice on my skin,not too much cause I dont like that fake tanned look,this is natural and perfect. For darker skin tones this could be used as a make up base,to mix in with ur foundation.
Im not sure how this would act on really pale skin,would it turn orangey? Not sure,but so far Im over the moon with this purchase!

on 1/19/2017 11:14:00 AM

I am very pale. In most foundations I wear the lightest or 2nd to lightest shade. I pretty much stay away from bronzers for fear I will look orange instead of having a sun kissed glow. I was hesitant to try this bronzer because online it looked dark and I didn't want to spend $50 on something I wouldn't be able to use. I did see a lot of reviews on youtube saying this bronzer was more suited to fair to medium skin. I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. I still can't wear this all over the face for fear I will look like an oompa loompa. I use a light amount with my nars kabuki brush. I apply it just to the hollows of my cheeks and hallway to my temples. That's it. I don't use this anywhere else. It does give a natural look. It warms up my face but its cool toned enough to not pull too orange on me. This tub will last me years because I have to use such a small amount. I love the smell of it. It has an expensive powdery smell that I find appealing. The texture is a solid mouse if that makes sense. Product is picked up easily and it's easy to blend into the skin. If you are lighter in skin tone and been afraid of bronzers then I would recommend this.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I use it more as a base and contour to give my skin some definition and it is just wow.. it is very expensive but will last forever and is such a great product. It is very creamy and really easy to blend. Its a great colour that doesnt look like you have chucked mud all over your face. Would definately repurchase this!!