CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by skin type : Normal
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 3/15/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was reluctant to return this product because I couldn’t find anything quite like it; it has a cream to powder formula that looks so smooth on the skin. It has a slight gold shimmer in the container, but it doesn’t show up on the skin. The scent and packaging are both so lovely and this can honestly last you for years because you only need the smallest amount to be bronzed. My problem is that this is too warm for me; it makes me look orangey-brown and I have a warmer undertone with light-medium skin. If Chanel would release another shade that is more cool toned, I would repurchase.

on 5/31/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On me this looks really orange. I'm not particulary pale or tanned. I hate it! Thank god it works for so many people...

Put this in the category of "youtube made me buy it" and WOW I am amazed. I think it was Jaclyn Hill's "Ride or Die" Video where I found it (a little embarrassing but if you need a demo, she did an excellent job. Hence me buying)

It is a fairly huge jar, flat jar. It's like a thick-ish gel. Unlike I have ever seen. You kind swirl a brush (I am a fan of ELF Stippling brush or RT Powder Brush) and it picks up product nicely. I sweep it on my cheeks and forehead in kinda a "brontour" way--it blends very nicely, and it is not orange on my NC 15-20 ish skin, on the dry side.

Pros--
Expensive but I have hardly made a dent in it in 6 mos
Very pretty color. I don't find it orange
Provides a beautiful, blendable, realistic flush/bronzer/brontour. No "snickers bar" of brown stripes from bad contouring.
Does warm up the skin, and NO shimmers
Not at all cakey or needing setting spray to melt it into skin
Creme product that is not watery, better control for those of us who are not "experts"

Cons--
Well of course it's $$
Shade range. I mean, there's none.
There's a plastic lid that keeps it from drying out under the black screw cap. If you put it in upside down with "pull tab" inwards, hard to open next time

on 3/17/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Over the moon with my Soleil tan de Chanel. When it first arrived I was slightly unsure if whether or not to keep it, as there looks like there is very little product in the tub! However as i have started using it I have realised that a little goes a long way. I have been using mine for about 1 month and only a small amount has been used. Highly recommend this product definitely worth the money!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I can't go a day without bronzing my face with this product! I bought it a few months ago and I have barely made a dent in it - it lasts so long! And it smells AMAZING and fruity! I love it.

on 1/3/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product since September 2015. Like another reviewer, I do use this as a base. I recently moved to a drier climate and changed up my makeup a bit. I have now gone back to this, as it does add such a nice glow. You can really tell the difference in the photographs. Another Chanel winner!

on 11/15/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. Don't really have much else to say...its amazing. It is very versatile and generally is one of my favourite makeup products. Considering it is Chanel, it is quite a good price..... Many other makeup products are equally, if not more expensive and are not the same high quality as this bronzer - so, happy to buy this for this price. It can be used as a bronzer (not as much for contouring because its quite warm toned), or a base -this is what I use it for.

It is a mousse, so for a natural look, you need to be careful to not apply too much product. An amazing tip I learnt from youtube is: you put a little bit of moisturiser (half a pea size) onto the actual bronzer (don't worry, initially I wasn't comfortable doing this - but it's fine), then swirl it around with your brush, and it just applies much easier onto the face. Because it is mixed with the moisturiser, it applies on a thinner layer, easier to blend it, and it looks very natural...Not that without the moisturiser it does't do this!! It just makes it a lot easier!

on 10/26/2015 8:48:00 AM

This is a bronzing base, not a proper bronzer, and I think it is the best choice for those who (like me) are not very skillful or trained at make-up and are searching for something natural-looking. I've bought numerous bronzers during the years that I hardly ever used, because I couldn't use them properly. They never looked good on me because I couldn't blend them in. I know I could have bought brushes and watched tutorials, but I don't want to put so much effort in make-up. This Chanel bronzing base is excellent for me, because I can use it with my fingers, and it blends in perfectly. My skin is quite fair, but I think even for me it would be very hard to overuse it and make a clowny look. I generally use it with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 (Beige Rose), and find this a great combination.

on 9/28/2015 12:26:00 AM

Best bronzer - also great contour. Natural & blendable. Use a big kabuki brush. The reviews here won't steer you wrong.

on 7/28/2015 7:00:00 PM

The packaging is luxurious but let's face it...I'm not wearing the packaging all day. I will pay the money for a quality product. I bought this, used it for 2 months and finally came to the conclusion that I hated it. The color did not look good on me. I felt it became patchy throughout the day. The color was nothing to rave about. I returned it. Not worth the hype. Got my $50 back.