CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Used this to contour and broke me out in horrible cystic acne everywhere it was used.

on 2/23/2019 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When my skin is too dry for powders and stuff this is HG. It does lean orangey. It is easy to be heavy handed so I may squirt an oil (marula) or MAC strobe cream(pink peach and gold light all good) into it before dipping a beauty blender or my It black handled bronzer brush in. I use usually not as a base but where the sun would hit. Love it and I’ve had forever and no dent made. I’m nw15. As a base though under a TM or light foundation it’s very nice also. I love the container.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a complexion product, and comes in one light af colour... one. ONE. In 2019. My housemate had this and to be honest it is an amazing product, but just does not show up on my NC42 skin. Nul points for racism, Chanel.

My lower stars are because it doesn’t work for me, not because it isn’t a good product. I also want to warn people that this in no way works for everyone. For me this is straight up yellow. It’s so weird. I don’t even get to complain that it’s orangey because on me it is a weird yellow. DO NOT BLIND BUY THIS like I did. I am NC 20-25 and it looks like crap on me any way I use it— lightly, more heavily, nothing works. Yet I keep it hoping something will magically change.

I’m very pale and I was very scared of trying this bronzer. But since I couldn’t find a more affordable cream bronzer and have very dry skin I gave this a go. And I’m so glad I did! I mix this with a drop of MAC strobe cream and it gives me the most natural bronze/glow.

on 1/12/2019 1:31:00 PM

I am nc20 C1 chanel beige 20. I find this to be orange if i put too much on. With a stippling brush like the mac 130, it diffuses the product and blend it seamlessly. It bronzes up my face in such a soft and natural way, i fell in love. It doesnt stay tacky and turns from cream to powder like a soft satin finish. It doesnt transfer! This Cream bronzer and the Sunkissed Soleil Tan de Chanel Illuminating Sheer Fluid are my go to. I wear the fluid highlight as a mix in with foundation or on the high points of my cheeks. I bought both together and they are super natural glowy and never over the top. I use them on top of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, i do not set with powder, pop some Chanel 280 Golden Sun blush across my cheeks and nose, 53 Chicness Rouge Coco Flash on the lips and good to go! I gave this 4 lippies because of the price but this will lasts me ages. Also it can turn orange if i go overboard! Once you get the hang of it its a lovely product.

on 1/4/2019 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could only chose one makeup product, this would be it!

It is a bit expensive, at first. I bought mine 9 months ago, use it everyday, and not even halfway thru it. It's a great value!

This is a cream, applies beautifully, seamlessly...never patchy, streaky...blends quickly. It is flawless upon application and hours later.

I use this a bronzer and eyeshadow (I'm not a big eyeshadow wearer). I pop a very small amount of blush on my cheek bones and my skin just glows! I often wear this alone, without foundation.

I also pair this with the Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation...someone on this board mentioned this combo is the power couple and couldn't agree more!

on 11/15/2018 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m getting older now and powders just don’t do me justice or at least I rarely find one that does. I wanted something that would warm up my N15-20 skin for the winter. Well this is a winner especially applied with a stippling brush. I like using Sonia Kushak’s brush. I use it like a blush to really warm up my cheeks and take away redness. It goes on smooth like butter. Perfect color. To contour with works just as as well for me too. This will last forever with the amount they give you so the purchase was worth it. I usually just use this and a highlighter on my cheekbones.

Okay. It says that this product gives a matte finish in the description. But today when I was looking in the mirror while using my phone’s flashlight to really take a good look at this bronzer on my face, it is SHIMMERY AF!!! And guess what, I fcking HATE glittery particles on my face with the exception of highlights. I feel deceived. And besides that, I use this for contouring and even though I’m not that pale, this bronzer looks freaking orange on me. However, the packaging is pretty luxurious indeed

on 10/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

Answering that last question, I'm not sure if I'll ever run out of this huge tub! Anyway, I can see why this is a cult classic. Just purchased last week and it's already part of my morning routine. It's goof proof and adds a subtle warmth and 'glow' to the skin. I'm an NC20 and can see this working all year round. I do agree that the large jar size makes this a bit impractical for travel, but will make room for it as it's that good. So far have applied only with a Kabuki brush--'C' shape from forehead to cheekbones, top of nose and under chin for sculpting. It's lovely stuff.