Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base
Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

I hate how much I love this. This is an absolutely beautiful bronzer. It has more yellow than orange undertones, which is great because it'll be very hard for you to look like an oompa loompa, it's just so much more natural. It may sound weird, but I personally prefer applying this product with a stippling brush instead of the usual fluffy brush, since it's a cream product. I find it gives a really precise yet natural application. It's definitely an expensive product, but for the amount you get, as well as the quality of what you get, I would say it's totally worth it.

on 7/31/2017 10:53:00 AM

This is the best bronzer I have ever tried. It gives you the most natural bronze-y look. Too bad that it only comes in one shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I recently went on a bronzer binge, buying 4 bronzers in the span of about a month. I bought the following: MJ Tantastic, TF Milk Chocolate Soleil, Hourglass Illume Trio (contains a cream bronzer), and this Chanel bronzer. The Chanel is my favorite. Why? I have light toned skin (NC 15-20) and it is the lightest and therefore looks the most natural, in my opinion. I don't have to work very hard to blend this well--fingers are sufficient. In fact I couldn't really see using anything except fingers for this because the texture is firm. I would describe the color as a golden light brown. This is gonna become my default bronzer for when I'm in a hurry because it's so easy to apply and blend. The price is kinda absurd, but I have the feeling this will last a long long time. I lurve it! Definitely worth considering if you are pale or light toned and are looking for an HG bronzer.

on 5/31/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On me this looks really orange. I'm not particulary pale or tanned. I hate it! Thank god it works for so many people...

on 7/16/2017 9:54:00 AM

Stunning bronzer! Will not part from this one! Buildable semi-rich colour that blends into the skin subtly and naturally without being too intense!! Perfect for normal to dry skin and combo! No problems with my oily t zone!

on 6/19/2017 3:05:00 PM

The best cream bronzer if not any bronzer ever. I use it with a damp beauty blender and build it up slowly with small amounts of product. Gives such a nice warm look to the skin without looking muddy. Pretty expensive, mine was a gift but it lasts ages.

on 4/29/2017 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this and returned it

It is too orange for a dusting on my face as I am NW20 pink undertones red cheeks. I have to really rub this all over my face and neck and it still looks orange on me

I hate the packaging. I need something small, efficient, easy and fast.

This doesn't pass the fast easy non bulky packaging test...

on 4/8/2017 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this product.... I suppose it does what it's supposed to do (bronze the skin) but I'm not in love with it. It's a dry-ish cream - almost like a baked, creamy powder - if that makes sense) - so on my dry, pale skin it's a little hard to apply. I scoop a little chunk with my fingernail and mix it with my Nivea moisturizer in my palm, then I pat and smooth it all over my already pre-moisturized skin. On top of that, I add smudges of the straight bronzer (not diluted with moisturizer) to my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin to add a bit more color. That seems to do the trick. It's a yellow-y, brown-y tint which I was a little concerned wouldn't appear natural or look good on my skin but it does. (I'm a NW20, for reference). It just seems like a lot of work for something that's so expensive. On the plus side, it does look smooth and not blotchy. It makes my skin look flawless!

I don't think it's a bad product - I just think it's a bad product for me. If you have a darker skin tone than mine, and skin that's not quite so dry, and you're looking for a multi-tasking bronzer (I could see this working on someone's lips too), this would be a good investment. For me, I'm going to use up this jar and move on to something else.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a Christmas gift ladt year, at first I was not a fan at all I felt that it made me look to orange. After playing around with it & trying new ways to apply it I'm in love. The best way I found to apply it is use a brush to distribute it on your face then go in witha beauty blender. this makes it look effortless and absolutely stunning. I am obsessed if you think it is to orange for your skin tone definitely keep playing with it , try the beauty blender since it diffuses some of the product In the blending process.

Put this in the category of "youtube made me buy it" and WOW I am amazed. I think it was Jaclyn Hill's "Ride or Die" Video where I found it (a little embarrassing but if you need a demo, she did an excellent job. Hence me buying)

It is a fairly huge jar, flat jar. It's like a thick-ish gel. Unlike I have ever seen. You kind swirl a brush (I am a fan of ELF Stippling brush or RT Powder Brush) and it picks up product nicely. I sweep it on my cheeks and forehead in kinda a "brontour" way--it blends very nicely, and it is not orange on my NC 15-20 ish skin, on the dry side.

Pros--
Expensive but I have hardly made a dent in it in 6 mos
Very pretty color. I don't find it orange
Provides a beautiful, blendable, realistic flush/bronzer/brontour. No "snickers bar" of brown stripes from bad contouring.
Does warm up the skin, and NO shimmers
Not at all cakey or needing setting spray to melt it into skin
Creme product that is not watery, better control for those of us who are not "experts"

Cons--
Well of course it's $$
Shade range. I mean, there's none.
There's a plastic lid that keeps it from drying out under the black screw cap. If you put it in upside down with "pull tab" inwards, hard to open next time