CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 11/15/2018 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m getting older now and powders just don’t do me justice or at least I rarely find one that does. I wanted something that would warm up my N15-20 skin for the winter. Well this is a winner especially applied with a stippling brush. I like using Sonia Kushak’s brush. I use it like a blush to really warm up my cheeks and take away redness. It goes on smooth like butter. Perfect color. To contour with works just as as well for me too. This will last forever with the amount they give you so the purchase was worth it. I usually just use this and a highlighter on my cheekbones.

Okay. It says that this product gives a matte finish in the description. But today when I was looking in the mirror while using my phone’s flashlight to really take a good look at this bronzer on my face, it is SHIMMERY AF!!! And guess what, I fcking HATE glittery particles on my face with the exception of highlights. I feel deceived. And besides that, I use this for contouring and even though I’m not that pale, this bronzer looks freaking orange on me. However, the packaging is pretty luxurious indeed

on 10/15/2018 12:03:00 PM

Answering that last question, I'm not sure if I'll ever run out of this huge tub! Anyway, I can see why this is a cult classic. Just purchased last week and it's already part of my morning routine. It's goof proof and adds a subtle warmth and 'glow' to the skin. I'm an NC20 and can see this working all year round. I do agree that the large jar size makes this a bit impractical for travel, but will make room for it as it's that good. So far have applied only with a Kabuki brush--'C' shape from forehead to cheekbones, top of nose and under chin for sculpting. It's lovely stuff.

on 6/10/2018 1:31:00 PM

I have used this on and off for a couple of years but never always gravitated towards it because its not very pigmented.

But i took this on holiday with me and i really started to appreciate this.

I used this as foundation as its light and subtle and non heavy for when i was on holiday.
If you wet a stipple brush and swirl it around the pot. You will get the most out of it. It will give a slightly glowly healthy sun kissed glow.

If you are looking for a bronzer that will make you look tan and can contour with, then i dont think this is for you.
I used to wear this under my powder bronzer just for an extra oomph.
Plus i have had it for a while now and am showing no sign of hitting pan. Its also the most beautiful looking make up package ever, looks so luxurious.

My friend who wears no make up what so ever, would love to apply this to her cheekbones and temples when we went away.

on 3/30/2018 1:42:00 PM

Wonderful product

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I probably reach for this product more than anything else in my makeup stash -- even foundation! Bare skin or full face, I always dab a little bit of Soleil Tan de Chanel on. It adds the perfect amount of warmth to the skin and has a consistency that blends into the most natural finish.

The formula is moussey and a little bit creamy, and very forgiving. It's kind of that perfect place between a gel and a cream, and you can basically sheer this out as much as you would like. Pigmentation is light but not insubstantial. It has color, but it blends out subtlely. It is buildable. On the skin, this feels light and nonexistent. If I'm not wearing other base makeup, it's easy to forget I even have bronzer on!

This doesn't work for me as a contour, and I only contour once in a blue moon, anyways. I've seen people with pale complexions use this for some light chiseling, but I only use this to add warmth to my face where some sun exposure would naturally tan me -- and I add warmth every day as long as I leave the house to some capacity. If I'm skipping the heavy eyeshadow or eyeliner, I also use this to warm up my eyelids and bring my whole look together. Here's basically what I do:

Using my fingers, I 'scoop' a tiny bit out (like a generous swatch where there just a little extra sticking to your fingers) and then I dab most of the bronzer on the bridge of my nose and along the tops of my cheeks, concentrating most of the bronzer in that cheek area right by my nose. Basically, if you've ever used blackhead strips, I dab the bronzer in that general area, but maybe a little further out as well. And then I just blend it out with a tapered brush without worrying too much about keeping within any boundaries. The formula is pretty foolproof and totally forgiving. It would take some serious work to mess up. Any remainder, I'll blend along my forehead and chin. If I'm doing eyes, I'll just dip my ring fingers and then tap it all over my lids. And honestly, I'll just rub this on wherever else I'm feeling that day, as well.

I can't picture my routine without this product. It's easy, it's versatile, it's natural looking, and it's lasted me so long. Because I'm always digging into this, it does collect some minute dust and lint, though nothing that's compromised the formula or affected application. Of course, I use clean fingers when I dip in :)

To cover some other bases:

Pricing -- $50 isn't absolutely terrible for a high-end bronzer (Guerlain or Tom Ford, anyone??), especially considering you get a ton of product and a little goes a long way. I'm willing to splurge, especially because I've saved money I very nearly spent on other bronzers, if not for the knowledge that I had my Chanel puck waiting for me at home. If that seems ridiculous to you, though, Sonia Kashuk has a pretty good dupe, and so does Bourjois (though that may have been discontinued)

Packaging -- The packaging is to die for -- sturdy and round and pretty big, with the signature Chanel look. It's like a giant glamorous puck. Straightforward. Classy. Not necessarily travel-friendly because it's so big. There's a second lid inside with a tab to lift it. If you accidentally replace the lid with the tab facing inwards, getting it out is hard.

PROS
- Easy to play with
- Versatile and forgiving
- So natural looking
- Warm toned without becoming orange
- Luxe feel
- Pretty scent -- standard Chanel fragrance (but fragrance might be a con for others!)

CONS
- Only one shade available, and it's not universal to all skin tones
- Fragrance might cause irritation for people with very sensitive skin
- It's a cream product, so it can attract lint and small debris, but nothing horrible
- Big puck, so it's not super travel-friendly
- Not dark or pigmented enough for most contouring

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a beautiful and unique product, but it's not for everyone. If you love it, it's great value, as the jar is enormous. I almost wish it came in a smaller size because it's too big to travel with and is such a great option for sunny vacations. The texture is technically a cream, but it has a very siliconey, almost mousselike texture that can be applied with fingers or a brush. I wouldn't use a beautyblender or similar sponge with this, as I can't imagine it would be able to pick up any product due to the density of the formula. Color wise, this is a light, warm bronze -- an excellent shade for the palest of us who lean more towards the neutral, olive, or warm spectrum. If you're very cool toned, this will read orange on you. Due to the silicone rich formula, it applies beautifully and leaves skin looking poreless and even. I would describe the finish as cashmere-matte. I wouldn't use this all over the face or to contour with, but I reach for it almost daily as a bronzer. Would I repurchase? I can't imagine ever finishing this jar, but if I do, yes.

on 3/15/2018 3:26:00 AM

Feels great on a skin

on 3/15/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was reluctant to return this product because I couldn’t find anything quite like it; it has a cream to powder formula that looks so smooth on the skin. It has a slight gold shimmer in the container, but it doesn’t show up on the skin. The scent and packaging are both so lovely and this can honestly last you for years because you only need the smallest amount to be bronzed. My problem is that this is too warm for me; it makes me look orangey-brown and I have a warmer undertone with light-medium skin. If Chanel would release another shade that is more cool toned, I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favourite Chanel beauty product. I decided to invest in a cream contour/ bronzing product.
This tub has lasted me so long and always applys so smoothly. It is easy and natural to blend into a variety of foundations.

I found that it works best with the prolongwear foundation. I would really highly recommend & look forward to purchasing again in the future.