Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base
Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I just got this as a birthday present but wanted it so badly that I was ready to buy it myself. I was nervous that it wouldn't show up, as I'm between NC42- NC45. When I first got it, I was already wearing makeup, but couldn't wait to play with it so I actually went over my bronzer with it and was immediately in love. It gave me a gorgeous airbrushed look. I've been playing with it for the past few days and I will use it as recommended, as a base and then lightly set it with a powder bronzer. It still gives the most natural bronzed look that I can't get over. In my humble opinion, it's best used with a flat top brush, especially if you want to build up the color. It blends itself out, and is pretty much foolproof.

on 10/29/2016 10:56:00 AM

My first purchase from Chanel beauty brand and one of the best high end bronzer products in the market in my opinion!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

Shade comparisons:
- NC35 MAC pro longwear
- Estee lauder Double wear foundation 3w1 Tawny

Pros:
+ packaging is sleek, convenient, feels luxurious
+ a little product goes a very long way
+ long lasting
+ easy to blend
+ buildable coverage
+ nice light scent, not too overpowering

Cons:
- literally none (except the price probably but Chanel is a high end brand so i can't argue with that)

This product is extremely blendable, and doesn't give you any patchiness! I usually use my Real Techinques foundation buffing brush to buff the product or with my damp beauty blender. Both methods work quite well and i think it depends on your preference!

I have medium skin and even though this bronzer only comes in one colour, I could still see the product on my skin and gave me a very nice, subtle warm bronze look. You can definitely build up the coverage if you want to and still looks natural and not too overdone.

I have oily combo skin and usually i will get oily throughout the day, however i can still see my bronzer very well and not sliding off my face! I do recommend setting it with a powder based bronzer (i used the stila's stay all day bronzer) to lightly set it and it works just fine for me.

Overall i think its a great product and i used it more than 5 times and i barely scratched the surface, so i'm guessing this will last me a few years but i've never been so pleased by a product!

The only thing that would hinder me from purchasing would be the price, as i live outside of US and i paid $100 for this item, but considering the usage and the quality of the product, i think i'd still repurchase if i ever run out of it. So i'm giving it a 4/5 (because of its hefty price).

Hope this helps!

To Read all 144 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the best bronzer I have ever owned. You can not go wrong with it even if you are so bad at blending, this will blend by itself and it has such a nice subtle warmth. I paid a good amount for this, but regardless; it lasts a long time. I've had mine for a year and it has barely scratched the surface. Of course I only really use it for occasions but it's just so good. It stays on all day, it doesn't get blotchy or orange. It's just the best bronzer ever. ever.

on 8/26/2016 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a weird review for me. I really love the feel of this bronzer and that it looks so natural applied minimally and on bare skin.

Here's the thing I'm an NC35 and this melts so well into my skin that most of the time I don't look like I have bronzer on. Maybe it's because it's only a few shades darker in tone, it's not so obvious on my skin, but I still love using it :-P I'm crazy I know.

The thing is that overall this bronzer is more reasonably priced than my favourite Physicians Formula or Too Faced Chocolate, it's so weird check out the per gram cost.

So at the end of the day i would definitely repurchase both for overall satisfaction and price.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice bronzer. Some have commented that it makes one appear orange. I think if you have a slight yellow or orange undertone to your skin, like I do, it works. But if you have any pink or red in your skin, it probably will contrast too much. Maybe.

First I use a slightly tinted BB cream which acts like a primer and moisturiser and then I put the bronzer on. It actually looks natural as I have tan skin in summer anyway (not on purpose, I wear spf 50 but I have gotten darker with age, weird). I can see how this might not be as flattering in winter, but we will see.

on 7/13/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this in first year of college and have just had to repurchase now three years later! I used this very regularly so it lasts for ages! This is a must have for me, I use it to add a warm glow on holidays. In my regular makeup I use it as a light contour and layer a powder over it. It blends perfectly and is one of my favourite makeup products.

on 5/16/2016 6:53:00 PM

This bronzer is a slightly warm-toned cream bronzer that blends amazingly well into the skin.
I personally feel this shade is too warm to cream-contour with so I usually just blend it into the areas where the sun would naturally hit to give myself some extra colour!
It lasts okay on the skin but I do need to set it with a powder bronzer to ensure it lasts and doesn't slide off my skin! As a result, I feel like people with drier/normal skin types would benefit from the formula of this bronzer better.

PROS
-Blends well.
-Natural tan colour.
-Smells amazing.
-Get a lot of product.

CONS
-May be too dark/muddy for lighter skintones.
-Doesn't last well on oiler skin types.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This bronzer is very good. It is a big container with an ounce of product. This bronzer is very creamy and just blends well with my olive tone skin. I am very apprehensive on buying brozers because other bronzers that I have used that are all the hype on Youtube are powdery and some of them look ashy. Ay Ay Ay! They just do not compare with the quality of this product. It looks and feels buttery on the skin and does not look muddy. From the few bronzers I have this is the best one so far.

on 4/18/2016 3:44:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product but it didn't show up on my skin. Im an NC40-42 and it just blended straight into my skin. =( Returned next day

Velvet'y creme-gel bronzer. I use this as an all over bronzer and over my foundation. Provides a radiant, sun kissed glow without shimmer. It's a warm tone bronzer and very natural. Highly recommend

Popular Bronzers