Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base
Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup BaseSoleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had tried (& returned another 1 of Chanel's' bronzers [Kyoto]) & this is what I hoped Kyoto would've looked more like. I own Coco Code also which is lovely but it's more of a blushlighter. This bronzer is a dream!! I use a Chanel travel small stipple brush w this. It just blends & melts & in with such amazing ease. This is like goof proof bronzer for dummies if you don't know how to use bron-tour this is your go to. I don't find it too red for contouring. The people at Chanel told me to use this as contour AND bronzer. I asked on the the telephone tips on how to use this. I got this gem from Chanel dot com this is a good value too for how much product you get. I am 20 Beige in Chanel NC20 MAC 2W1 Dawn in Estée Lauder DW this is the perf bronzer for me. This is #downtowntriplecrown #winning

on 1/23/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, let me start by saying that I do not understand when people claim this is too expensive: I recently got it for €36.50 from Selfridges and it is a whopping 30 grams. From what I've seen on YouTube, I thought this would cost a fortune. But considering the quantity and the fact it is Chanel makeup, I would say it is VERY reasonably priced.
I have NC20-25 Asian skin tone, in that I have quite a warm complexion and usually can use many popular bronzer colors to contour my face (Benefit's Hoola and Nars Laguna fit into this category). But what I usually do is bron-tour, in that I don't really chisel my cheekbones or anything but rather use a round fluffy bronzer brush to trace around my face. I find that this works the best for my round face.
This Chanel bronzer is perfect for my "bron-tour" because it just blends so easily. I find the pigmentation to be there but not too overwhelming like some other cream contour products do. Like all the youtubers out there, I generally use a stippling brush to pick up products and swirl around the edges of my face, slightly under my cheekbones, down the neckline, etc. Its in my opinion such a fool proof product, especially for my light medium skin tone, it can never look overdone. I really like how big the compact is, it just makes me want to use this cream bronzer everyday.
In general this is a very successful purchase (one of the few hyped up products that actually ended up not disappointing). I only wish Chanel would release more shades of this product for people who are darker than medium toned.

on 1/19/2017 11:14:00 AM

I am very pale. In most foundations I wear the lightest or 2nd to lightest shade. I pretty much stay away from bronzers for fear I will look orange instead of having a sun kissed glow. I was hesitant to try this bronzer because online it looked dark and I didn't want to spend $50 on something I wouldn't be able to use. I did see a lot of reviews on youtube saying this bronzer was more suited to fair to medium skin. I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. I still can't wear this all over the face for fear I will look like an oompa loompa. I use a light amount with my nars kabuki brush. I apply it just to the hollows of my cheeks and hallway to my temples. That's it. I don't use this anywhere else. It does give a natural look. It warms up my face but its cool toned enough to not pull too orange on me. This tub will last me years because I have to use such a small amount. I love the smell of it. It has an expensive powdery smell that I find appealing. The texture is a solid mouse if that makes sense. Product is picked up easily and it's easy to blend into the skin. If you are lighter in skin tone and been afraid of bronzers then I would recommend this.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I use it more as a base and contour to give my skin some definition and it is just wow.. it is very expensive but will last forever and is such a great product. It is very creamy and really easy to blend. Its a great colour that doesnt look like you have chucked mud all over your face. Would definately repurchase this!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I just got this as a birthday present but wanted it so badly that I was ready to buy it myself. I was nervous that it wouldn't show up, as I'm between NC42- NC45. When I first got it, I was already wearing makeup, but couldn't wait to play with it so I actually went over my bronzer with it and was immediately in love. It gave me a gorgeous airbrushed look. I've been playing with it for the past few days and I will use it as recommended, as a base and then lightly set it with a powder bronzer. It still gives the most natural bronzed look that I can't get over. In my humble opinion, it's best used with a flat top brush, especially if you want to build up the color. It blends itself out, and is pretty much foolproof.

on 10/29/2016 10:56:00 AM

My first purchase from Chanel beauty brand and one of the best high end bronzer products in the market in my opinion!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

Shade comparisons:
- NC35 MAC pro longwear
- Estee lauder Double wear foundation 3w1 Tawny

Pros:
+ packaging is sleek, convenient, feels luxurious
+ a little product goes a very long way
+ long lasting
+ easy to blend
+ buildable coverage
+ nice light scent, not too overpowering

Cons:
- literally none (except the price probably but Chanel is a high end brand so i can't argue with that)

This product is extremely blendable, and doesn't give you any patchiness! I usually use my Real Techinques foundation buffing brush to buff the product or with my damp beauty blender. Both methods work quite well and i think it depends on your preference!

I have medium skin and even though this bronzer only comes in one colour, I could still see the product on my skin and gave me a very nice, subtle warm bronze look. You can definitely build up the coverage if you want to and still looks natural and not too overdone.

I have oily combo skin and usually i will get oily throughout the day, however i can still see my bronzer very well and not sliding off my face! I do recommend setting it with a powder based bronzer (i used the stila's stay all day bronzer) to lightly set it and it works just fine for me.

Overall i think its a great product and i used it more than 5 times and i barely scratched the surface, so i'm guessing this will last me a few years but i've never been so pleased by a product!

The only thing that would hinder me from purchasing would be the price, as i live outside of US and i paid $100 for this item, but considering the usage and the quality of the product, i think i'd still repurchase if i ever run out of it. So i'm giving it a 4/5 (because of its hefty price).

Hope this helps!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the best bronzer I have ever owned. You can not go wrong with it even if you are so bad at blending, this will blend by itself and it has such a nice subtle warmth. I paid a good amount for this, but regardless; it lasts a long time. I've had mine for a year and it has barely scratched the surface. Of course I only really use it for occasions but it's just so good. It stays on all day, it doesn't get blotchy or orange. It's just the best bronzer ever. ever.

on 8/26/2016 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a weird review for me. I really love the feel of this bronzer and that it looks so natural applied minimally and on bare skin.

Here's the thing I'm an NC35 and this melts so well into my skin that most of the time I don't look like I have bronzer on. Maybe it's because it's only a few shades darker in tone, it's not so obvious on my skin, but I still love using it :-P I'm crazy I know.

The thing is that overall this bronzer is more reasonably priced than my favourite Physicians Formula or Too Faced Chocolate, it's so weird check out the per gram cost.

So at the end of the day i would definitely repurchase both for overall satisfaction and price.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice bronzer. Some have commented that it makes one appear orange. I think if you have a slight yellow or orange undertone to your skin, like I do, it works. But if you have any pink or red in your skin, it probably will contrast too much. Maybe.

First I use a slightly tinted BB cream which acts like a primer and moisturiser and then I put the bronzer on. It actually looks natural as I have tan skin in summer anyway (not on purpose, I wear spf 50 but I have gotten darker with age, weird). I can see how this might not be as flattering in winter, but we will see.

on 7/13/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first bought this in first year of college and have just had to repurchase now three years later! I used this very regularly so it lasts for ages! This is a must have for me, I use it to add a warm glow on holidays. In my regular makeup I use it as a light contour and layer a powder over it. It blends perfectly and is one of my favourite makeup products.