CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 1/4/2019 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could only chose one makeup product, this would be it!

It is a bit expensive, at first. I bought mine 9 months ago, use it everyday, and not even halfway thru it. It's a great value!

This is a cream, applies beautifully, seamlessly...never patchy, streaky...blends quickly. It is flawless upon application and hours later.

I use this a bronzer and eyeshadow (I'm not a big eyeshadow wearer). I pop a very small amount of blush on my cheek bones and my skin just glows! I often wear this alone, without foundation.

I also pair this with the Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation...someone on this board mentioned this combo is the power couple and couldn't agree more!

on 1/24/2018 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Being of Scottish descent with short arms and long pockets I like a bargain, but sometimes bargains can masquerade as luxe and this is the case here. Chanel Soleil Tan is a full 30 grams, goes on in a buildable way where you call the shots and has a lovely sheen for all but the ivory skinned populace. I saw an article by the lovely Camille Goutal some years ago and was influenced enough to buy it blind from my base here in New Zealand; I hadn't tried it at the beauty counters and so glad I made the leap. Thoroughly recommended, I use a synthetic brush to enhance chin, nose and cheeks and nowadays use a blender sponge to make sure it's just right. It is one of those rare occasions where I definitely know a repurchase is inevitable.

on 1/3/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product since September 2015. Like another reviewer, I do use this as a base. I recently moved to a drier climate and changed up my makeup a bit. I have now gone back to this, as it does add such a nice glow. You can really tell the difference in the photographs. Another Chanel winner!

I honestly love everything about this great product. I like the big flat container.. it's so easy to swirl my Sephora pro bronzer brush #45 in this cool jar. Because of the inner cap and tightly closing outer cap, I've had this for months and there isn't even a hint of it drying out.
Some days I just want a touch of it... what lovely subtle shading it does. Some days I want it everywhere! I can't emphasis enough how happy I am that it isn't full of sparkles! It's not orange! It blends perfectly with whatever foundation I'm using always looking very natural.
It blends into my hairline and I never get scary old lady mask lines from it. I swirl it onto my neck and the back of my hands when I have the time and the mood is right.
My skin doesn't feel it, I don't react negatively to it in any way. Although it is just as expensive as other Chanel products, it is really lasting a long time.
And did I mention there are no sparkles?!
It would take some doing to convince me to purchase any other bronzer.
This one gives me a happy face.

on 3/1/2014 6:00:00 AM

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. It is pricey, but will last a lifetime. A cream bronzer is beautiful on more mature skin, as it does not cake in lines. The color of this bronzer is beautiful and natural. I live it.

on 12/1/2012 4:15:00 AM

Bought this along with the new foundation. I love the foundation & really like the look of this bronzer most of the time. It, however, does turn a bit orange as the day goes on.
My big problem with this is that it breaks out my skin. I don't just get a random pimple here or there but get quite a few by the end of the day. I wasn't sure what product was causing my problems so I took all makeup that could be a culprit off daily use and then added pieces back in individually. It's clear this caused me major issues. Not sure what is in this that is causing the problem but I don't get breakouts with any other blusher - so out this goes. I may use it on other areas of my body.

on 5/16/2012 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I admit that it took me awhile to figure out the best way to use this product but everyone raved about it so much that I just had to get it. I love the texture and color on my NC20 complexion. I use it in two ways. At times I just contour my cheekbones with it and then I also mix it with a very sheer foundation to create a little more tannish glow to my face.

You get a lot of product for the money and even though I alternate this with Nars Laguna (which I admit is still my favorite) I feel like it brings a nice bronzy glow to my skin. Great for spring and summer - worth the investment, I believe.